Jarret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariat Fx4
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else had this issue or had it fixed yet? Just noticed today that mine is almost identical to this; my bed favors the passenger side by about 1/2". Probably an easy fix, just seeing if anyone else has tackled it?
Mine also has that issue. Havent talked to dealer yet.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
***2/4/2019 Update*** Rumor is Confirmed By Al Gordon, No Resolution Yet

I work at ford and one of my PDI guys said that the bed is not aligned with the cab on a few when u look from the back of the vehicle anyone else notice this issue?
Really...where at Ford do you work? Sounds like a Dealer as Ford does not have PDI per se. Dealers are not Ford, but independent contractors. That said, box alignment is a bothersome malady. Michigan Truck has to be able to get this right..Electrical connectors not seated...Box misaligned, these are serious issues that the plant has to get a handle on...

Sincerely,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

Prescott

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electrician
On my 2020 Ranger super cab the passenger side rear door sticks out like an inch . Told dealer and they sent to their bodyshop. When I picked it up they had only brought it in like 1/4” . Can’t believe Ford can’t piece their trucks together properly.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
On my 2020 Ranger super cab the passenger side rear door sticks out like an inch . Told dealer and they sent to their bodyshop. When I picked it up they had only brought it in like 1/4” . Can’t believe Ford can’t piece their trucks together properly.
Now I was starting to think I was too picky... But my hood isn't aligned. It is level, but is about 1/4" shifted to drivers side. Selling dealer said to adjust rubber bumpers myself? Really, myself? I am capable, but those are for up and down. 2nd dealer, the one I plan on dealing with, tried in house, not a body shop, but failed. They will sublet to local body shop to look at.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Now I was starting to think I was too picky... But my hood isn't aligned. It is level, but is about 1/4" shifted to drivers side. Selling dealer said to adjust rubber bumpers myself? Really, myself? I am capable, but those are for up and down. 2nd dealer, the one I plan on dealing with, tried in house, not a body shop, but failed. They will sublet to local body shop to look at.
my hood was the same i adjusted the rubber bumpers at the front of the hood 1/4 turn at a time ( my bumpers were screwed all the way down to the support bracket, there is a alignment arrow so you can keep track and now its even on both fenders.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
my hood was the same i adjusted the rubber bumpers at the front of the hood 1/4 turn at a time ( my bumpers were screwed all the way down to the support bracket, there is a alignment arrow so you can keep track and now its even on both fenders.
Reason number 392 to inspect the vehicle before taking possession. When I was selling Fords in the 80's. there was a code that the dealer could flag the order with that made sure the car was blueprint-built. I don't know if it cost the dealer more or not, but they are "perfecter" than the typical ones. I think the press pool and auto show vehicles get this treatment.
Things can be expedited, too. The dealer principal where I was in 1986 ordered a Crown Victoria for a VIP client of the store; owned a fleet of F700s, & 350s. rotated out a dozen or so every couple years. The Vic came in with the wrong two tone treatment, and he wouldn't accept it. There was another correct one delivered ten days later.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Has anyone else had this issue or had it fixed yet? Just noticed today that mine is almost identical to this; my bed favors the passenger side by about 1/2". Probably an easy fix, just seeing if anyone else has tackled it?
I took a look at mine (Nov 2019 build date) and couldn't see much of any difference from one side to the other.

But then again this was measuring it by eye and feel.
download.png

I'll get out there with a tape measure and see for sure

swinkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I had the same issue - dealer said they could only move the bed 1/4". The bed is pinned, so there isn't much they can do to adjust it. I couldn't tell any difference when I picked it up. I took it to a local body shop and they moved the cab. It looks much better now.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed mine is offset by 1/2 to driver side and searched out this thread...does anyone have a DIY solution? Where are the bolts underneath and how many?
Sponsored