Bashell's way too early 2023 Tremor build

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Some of the luckier members got their jobs scheduled today for October 17th so I'd guess the job #1 date got pushed back a week.
Time to start checking my emails more often. I know from following weekly scheduling of the Bronco they can send out build emails anywhere from early Thursday to late Saturday night on the weeks they are actually scheduling.
Sponsored

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I like my husky mats, too. The Ford mats didn't offer as much coverage and the back seat was a two piece design.
just picked up weather techs because of this. Always separated and slip around.

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
LOL You have me beat by 6 minutes. I received my Lariat Tremor order confirmation on August 4th at 4:56pm.

Last I saw scheduling was supposed to begin today with Job #1 still being October 10th.

I have no plans yet other than Husky front and rear floor liners and front side window tint.
You were able to order the Lariat Tremor??? I thought there was a hold on those, or was it the B&O sound or tech package that was having supply issues...? My dealer couldn't place the order.

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
You were able to order the Lariat Tremor??? I thought there was a hold on those, or was it the B&O sound or tech package that was having supply issues...? My dealer couldn't place the order.
You can get a lariat. Just canā€™t get the 501A package (B&O) and itā€™ll most likely come with halogen headlights. So, at that point youā€™re paying a few grand for leather seats, push button start, and power folding mirrors.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
You can get a lariat. Just canā€™t get the 501A package (B&O) and itā€™ll most likely come with halogen headlights. So, at that point youā€™re paying a few grand for leather seats, push button start, and power folding mirrors.
Yup ordered mine with 500A. Didn't want 501A. And I wouldn't say most likely they will ship with halogens. But there is a chance. If mine does I will refuse it and reorder an XLT Tremor.

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well, since I'm waiting for my Ranger we had to take the F-150 out and have some fun in it while we still could. Last weekend we spent a lot of time driving around on forest service roads and exploring.

1662662024455.png

1662662083381.png
1662662105582.png
1662662129760.png
1662662148355.png
1662662161127.png

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Great pics!

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
I feel like a terrible person having not posted in awhile, but life's busy and whatnot.

Here are some updates...

Picked my Ranger up on Boxing Day (December 26th). It had 8 miles on the odometer when I took ownership of it.

I then immediately left for vacation the day after and the Ranger stayed in the driveway.

I haven't done much to the Ranger yet except drive it every chance I get.

1673565281620.png

1673565329518.png
Current mods

Exterior

Random bits:
  • Hood struts. Oh! The cool things that older 5g owners got!
  • Door sill protectors.
  • Cup holder lights. I'm a fan of these. The Ranger interior is pretty dark, so adding a little bit of ambient lighting to the cabin is nice.
  • Screen protectors. I saw that these were a site sponsor so I gave them my business. I'm anxious about properly aligning these so they're actually not installed yet
  • MPowerd Solar Lights. I picked up two of these for lighting up my Softopper. They'll charge via USB or solar and they supposedly last 20 hours on a full charge. Plus, If I'm camping in my ground tent I can quickly move them over.

Planned mods

Still figuring out
  • LineX spray liner? I'm leaning towards removing the drop in liner in favor of a LineX spray liner. I only got the drop in liner because I really wanted power in the bed, so I kinda figured I might go that route anyway.
  • Bed storage/Sleeping platform. I like the offerings from Frontrunner and ARB, but they're really expensive for what they are and they'd interfere with the molle panels, so I'm considering going DIY with 80/20 aluminum and 1/2" plywood.
  • So that I can actually sleep in the back of a 5 foot bed...
  • Power. I know a secondary battery is a cool flex, but I'm actually just leaning towards using a Jackery.

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
1686082949855.png

I haven't updated this in too long! After getting my replacement Tremor (I may be the only person ever who can say they've owned 2 Azure Gray 5g Tremors) I went whole hog into kitting it out. Just got the xCover installed today. I'll take it out for a test camp this weekend then I'll be at the Northwest Overland Rally near Leavenworth, WA the following weekend.

Current mods
Planned mods
  • Ford Ranger Lifts 2" Tremor leveling kit (awaiting install)
  • Eibach 1" rear lift block (awaiting install)
  • Prinsu Roof Rack (haven't ordered yet)
  • 270 Degree Awning (probably from iKamper)
  • Dual Battery Setup (parts arriving this week)
  • Ford Performance Front Bumper (haven't ordered yet)
  • Air compressor (I purchased the ARB one but it was comically backordered)
  • A winch?

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Great looking Ranger Aaron. I am headed up to Mt Rainier then to the Olympic Peninsula on Friday this week and can't wait. I will do some hiking, photography and try some off roading if available.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
1686082949855.png

I haven't updated this in too long! After getting my replacement Tremor (I may be the only person ever who can say they've owned 2 Azure Gray 5g Tremors) I went whole hog into kitting it out. Just got the xCover installed today. I'll take it out for a test camp this weekend then I'll be at the Northwest Overland Rally near Leavenworth, WA the following weekend.

Current mods
Planned mods
  • Ford Ranger Lifts 2" Tremor leveling kit (awaiting install)
  • Eibach 1" rear lift block (awaiting install)
  • Prinsu Roof Rack (haven't ordered yet)
  • 270 Degree Awning (probably from iKamper)
  • Dual Battery Setup (parts arriving this week)
  • Ford Performance Front Bumper (haven't ordered yet)
  • Air compressor (I purchased the ARB one but it was comically backordered)
  • A winch?
Nice looking rig!

Curious about your dual battery plans.
Instead of a dual battery setup, would you consider a solar generator? Looks like you are mostly in or very close to the truck. This may afford more flexibility. If you donā€™t need the inverter, there are now plenty of lithium batteries with a BMS and 12volt + USB outputs. These can go mobile in a pinch.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
What happened to the original truck?

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Nice looking rig!

Curious about your dual battery plans.
Instead of a dual battery setup, would you consider a solar generator? Looks like you are mostly in or very close to the truck. This may afford more flexibility. If you donā€™t need the inverter, there are now plenty of lithium batteries with a BMS and 12volt + USB outputs. These can go mobile in a pinch.
Yeah, It's more of a "do it cause it's cool" thing. Not really "do it cause it makes sense." I've already got a tiny Jackery, and I could always do something like that instead. That was my original plan, but then I figured "Why not?"

I just found a giant slimline 100 Ah battery for a reasonable price and was able to easily mount it behind the rear seat. Now's the difficult job of figuring out battery isolators and all that jazz.

1686528830547.png

Here's the other stuff I have so far. Honestly, I don't fully know what I'm doing, but I'd love to have some outlets in the rear running off of the second battery in addition to things like my BlackVue camera and an air compressor.

1686529067925.png
1686529107755.png

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor