Software Engineer
Factory Specs
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew 4x4
Azure Gray Metallic Tri-Coat
XLT High Package
Tremor Off-Road Package
Bed Utility Package

Status
Placed order with a local Ford dealership on August 4th.
Received confirmation email from Ford August 4th at 4:50 PM.
No build date or VIN number yet.

Plans
So yeah, my truck isn't even scheduled yet, but I've already spent months planning everything out. I plan on this being my primary vehicle that's always ready for a little off-roading or camping on zero notice. As it's my primary vehicle, I've opted not to put anything on it to make me look like a try hard. No overland racks. No rooftop tents. No overdone suspension. But here are my plans so far...

Canopy
I'll absolutely be going with the RSI SmartCap here. It's by far the best looking canopy and should suit my needs.

Bed Storage
I like the decked storage system, but I'm having a drop-in bed liner put in, so unfortunately that's not compatible. I also love the look of the ARB drawers, but they're expensive for what you get and probably also wouldn't work with the drop in bed liner. So, I guess that means I'll be building out my own drawer system. I know that I don't really want full 5 foot drawers, so I'll probably split the bed in half and have 30" pullouts and floorboards that I can pull up to get less frequent accessed stuff such as my camping stuff (tent, sleeping bags, hammocks, and mattress). I also plan on building an extension that'll line up with the drawer system so that I can just throw a full sized mattress in the back with the tailgate down similar to this.

Wheels/Tires/Suspension
I'd love to go up to 285/70r17 eventually, but since I got the Tremor I'll probably stick with the stock wheels and tires for now. I plan on going with the 1" level lift from Ranger Lifts and probably some 1" spacers to give the truck a bit of a poke. I've already bookmarked this thread to help me out there.

Upfitter/Electrical

Again, since I went with the Tremor I'm going to need to find use for all of those upfitter switches. I'll definitely need some additional lighting, a few rock crawler cameras, and an air compressor. I'm also planning on wiring in a second battery behind the rear seats. I really like this setup.

So yeah, the wait is killing me. I have half a mind to just jump on Turo and see if I can rent a Ranger for a week just so that I can measure out and build the bed storage system. Patience is not my virtue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am guessing the XLT 302 A package
Yeah, build sheet/configurator refers to it as 302A. Ford refers to it as the XLT High Package.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, build sheet/configurator refers to it as 302A. Ford refers to it as the XLT High Package.
Must be new. I've not seen any past literature use that phasing before. Thanks for the info.

Frank

OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 3.37.30 PM.png

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
LOL You have me beat by 6 minutes. I received my Lariat Tremor order confirmation on August 4th at 4:56pm.

Last I saw scheduling was supposed to begin today with Job #1 still being October 10th.

I have no plans yet other than Husky front and rear floor liners and front side window tint.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bashell

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
LOL You have me beat by 6 minutes. I received my Lariat Tremor order confirmation on August 4th at 4:56pm.

Last I saw scheduling was supposed to begin today with Job #1 still being August 10th.

I have no plans yet other than Husky front and rear floor liners and front side window tint.
Some of the luckier members got their jobs scheduled today for October 17th so I'd guess the job #1 date got pushed back a week.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager

Last I saw scheduling was supposed to begin today with Job #1 still being August 10th.

Do the new Tremors not include the all-weather mats? I ask as I received both those and carpeted mats with my 2021. I had Weathertechs in my F-150 and liked them. I find the Ford all-weather to have very good coverage, hold a lot of snow/liquid, and have a better texture - rubber vs plastic.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Do the new Tremors not include the all-weather mats? I ask as I received both those and carpeted mats with my 2021. I had Weathertechs in my F-150 and liked them. I find the Ford all-weather to have very good coverage, hold a lot of snow/liquid, and have a better texture - rubber vs plastic.

They may. But I'm a big fan of Husky. Been using them for almost 20 years. The thing I like about them is they are one of the few that go up and under the gas pedal. Most of them notch it out which allows dirty and muck to get on the carpet.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
They may. But I'm a big fan of Husky. Been using them for almost 20 years. The thing I like about them is they are one of the few that go up and under the gas pedal. Most of them notch it out which allows dirty and muck to get on the carpet.
I like my husky mats, too. The Ford mats didn't offer as much coverage and the back seat was a two piece design.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
I also had Weathertech, in my last truck. I do like the Ford floor liners, which came with my Tremor, so no need for Weathertech.

Frank

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Yes, the Tremor Matt’s aren’t bad but they do not cover beneath the gas pedal. The Husky’s are a good upgrade.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I made my own slide that is 1/2 the width of the bed. Building with extruded aluminum is fun! Lots of online suppliers with great pricing. Full extension heavy-duty locking slides from Amazon.

AEE53CC7-C882-49F1-A8A6-A82EFBE34A04.jpeg
D94FC083-370A-4704-90EA-B0DE642C19BC.jpeg
6A2683B2-4697-4AB7-846D-DB2C0C58BAF9.jpeg
Sponsored