Back seat issues.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Anyone having issues with there rear seat not clipping in? Mine just leans against the back and won’t clip in. I can get the clip to move but won’t move when it hits the back to clip in. I guess to the dealership I go.

E11D8E66-5FE9-4B79-A1FF-6CB1297DDA32.jpeg

5E0413A0-13DC-404D-AF01-8DF7FC72C88F.jpeg
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Move the center headrest up and latch it. Then you can put the headrest back down. Don’t ask me why.

SGG

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical field
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone having issues with there rear seat not clipping in? Mine just leans against the back and won’t clip in. I can get the clip to move but won’t move when it hits the back to clip in. I guess to the dealership I go.

E11D8E66-5FE9-4B79-A1FF-6CB1297DDA32.jpeg

5E0413A0-13DC-404D-AF01-8DF7FC72C88F.jpeg
Mine had the same problem. There are several circular, rubber bumpers on the back of the seat. Just remove the one on the passenger side and you will be all set.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Move the center headrest up and latch it. Then you can put the headrest back down. Don’t ask me why.
somehow that worked. But had to slame it a few times before it worked ha ha.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Mine had the same problem. There are several circular, rubber bumpers on the back of the seat. Just remove the one on the passenger side and you will be all set.
huh haven’t seen those. It worked somehow by lifting up the center head rest.

SGG

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical field
Vehicle Showcase
huh haven’t seen those. It worked somehow by lifting up the center head rest.[/QUOTE
Sounds like you have it working. Here is a pic of what I was talking about in case you or others don’t want to mess with the headrest. The arrow points to the one that should be removed.

507F7275-9EB4-49D5-88D7-C47201FDA403.jpeg

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Good to know thanks!

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was built in November and I have this issue was wondering what was rattling in the back - I have to slam it a couple of times to get it to stay shut - will try the center head rest trick

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Like some people in the thread previously discussed, mine only has the three bumpers but still didn't want to close. Yeah I heard a thump from the seat back there every time I went over a bump.

The first thing I did however was make sure the latch on the seat side was open and ready to accept a loop. Latches of that design can be closed, and slamming the hell out of them in the closed condition destroys them. You take a screwdriver, and "close" the seat on the screwdriver to make sure the latch is functioning correctly. Then open the latch with the strap and the screwdriver pops out.

Confirming function of the latch and alignment of the loop, I slammed the F out of it. :D The bumpers will compress over time and with use of the back seat. No worries.

Pep

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT crew cab 4WD
Even with the rubber bumper removed near the latch it still will not latch. Place two washers behind your two studs coming off the back of the cab and it will correct the problem

RangerJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Mine is doing it too... Just going to take it back and have them fix it. No sense in a DIY for something that shouldn't even be an issue.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Mine is doing it too... Just going to take it back and have them fix it. No sense in a DIY for something that shouldn't even be an issue.
If you just want to have an easier close before the rubber bumpers break in, (and that's all this is really, mine closes easier now) I'd sooner stay home and put two washers behind it. Never trust a dealer to repair something simple. There's a good chance they will just F it up worse or do something stupid like replace the latch (which is fine) then strip the mounting threads for that in the process and then cobble together a fix for that.

Some people don't see it... keep your truck away from the dealer whenever possible.
Sponsored