First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
engineer
Anyone getting a super cheap feeling from the doors? Seems I get a pretty annoying rattling sound from somewhere in my interior, pretty sure the doors from my B&O system. Is this just because it’s a Ford? Makes me want to dynomate the doors.
The doors are very cheap. I had a 2000 F-150 XLT (until some guy t-boned me a few weeks ago) - now I have a 2019 Ranger XLT and apparently XLT means a lot less than it used to. I have a loud rattle in the rear upper corner of the drivers window when its closed and I hit some washboard pavement. It's rather loud and really p-s me off. Haven't figured out a way to combat it yet. Not happy with the really cheap plastic interior to include the door handles - on my old truck it was a solid rubber type grip, on this Ranger its a two-piece cheap plastic grip that squeaks and you can feel the seam on it. I'm looking at using some rubberized coating to cover it and make it more solid. They really cut some corners in the 20+ years since I've bought a vehicle but double the costs on them. Gonna have to get Forscan too so I can shut a lot of this crap off like the 50 different chimes and find a way to get a more tactile feel on the climate control because right now I have to hit the buttons about 12 times to get the ones I actually want on, on. I'm also annoyed this vehicle has no ability to get cool air through the vents - even with it turned to full left (cold), the air is about 70F coming in even when its 50 outside. I dont want to run the AC when its 50 outside and raining but just want some cool air coming in.
Sponsored

mdinaz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
engineer
The doors are very cheap. I had a 2000 F-150 XLT (until some guy t-boned me a few weeks ago) - now I have a 2019 Ranger XLT and apparently XLT means a lot less than it used to. I have a loud rattle in the rear upper corner of the drivers window when its closed and I hit some washboard pavement. It's rather loud and really p-s me off. Haven't figured out a way to combat it yet. Not happy with the really cheap plastic interior to include the door handles - on my old truck it was a solid rubber type grip, on this Ranger its a two-piece cheap plastic grip that squeaks and you can feel the seam on it. I'm looking at using some rubberized coating to cover it and make it more solid. They really cut some corners in the 20+ years since I've bought a vehicle but double the costs on them. Gonna have to get Forscan too so I can shut a lot of this crap off like the 50 different chimes and find a way to get a more tactile feel on the climate control because right now I have to hit the buttons about 12 times to get the ones I actually want on, on. I'm also annoyed this vehicle has no ability to get cool air through the vents - even with it turned to full left (cold), the air is about 70F coming in even when its 50 outside. I dont want to run the AC when its 50 outside and raining but just want some cool air coming in.
Since I appear to be talking to myself I'll go ahead and answer anyway. I first tried some batting material and ran it around the door weatherstripping, and this stopped the rattle about 75% when driving on bumpy/washboarded pavement. I'll move to a thicker material next and hopefully I can reduce the door rattle at least 95%. I notice the passenger seat vibrates like crazy too, if I have a bag on the seat it sounds like a mouse is rustling around inside. Jamming my hand between the center console and seat reduced it about 50% so I'll find some thick foam I can cram between the two. I've never had a vehicle that rattled and squeaked more than this one and my old truck was 23 years old and my other truck I still have is 30 years old and doesn't squeak and vibrate like this one. I need to change the shocks too as that contributes to the vibration, the ride is stiff as hell like a Tacoma.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Since I appear to be talking to myself I'll go ahead and answer anyway. I first tried some batting material and ran it around the door weatherstripping, and this stopped the rattle about 75% when driving on bumpy/washboarded pavement. I'll move to a thicker material next and hopefully I can reduce the door rattle at least 95%. I notice the passenger seat vibrates like crazy too, if I have a bag on the seat it sounds like a mouse is rustling around inside. Jamming my hand between the center console and seat reduced it about 50% so I'll find some thick foam I can cram between the two. I've never had a vehicle that rattled and squeaked more than this one and my old truck was 23 years old and my other truck I still have is 30 years old and doesn't squeak and vibrate like this one. I need to change the shocks too as that contributes to the vibration, the ride is stiff as hell like a Tacoma.
I know when I added sound deadening material, it made a big difference. I did all four doors and doubled it behind the door speakers.

Reactions: EJH

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
i just got rid of a click that I had been chasing. I would sound like a little tic from the speaker or the air vent. It took a while for me to figure it out. the mirror has 2 motors and a ball joint in the middle. The screw in the middle of the ball joint wasn't tight. so at just the right speed and wind there would be a little click, kind of like the blinker click. I took the mirror glass off, took the ball joint apart and used extra drive shaft slip joint grease to relube it and my click seems to be gone..... so far. I have only driven about 2 hours on the high way at the right speed. but no clicks....

Spazzz96

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford ranger XTL
I know when I added sound deadening material, it made a big difference. I did all four doors and doubled it behind the door speakers.
What thickness did you use?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Dynamat has been amazing in all my Subarus. I haven't installed sound deadening in the Ranger because relative to my other vehicles, it is quiet. I have a Lariat trim for what it's worth
Sponsored

Last edited: