B&O Powered Sub Add On??

Ranger's My Middle Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F350
Does anyone have any idea about if it possible (easy) to do a simple addition of a powered enclosed sub like this to the B&O sound system? It seems to me like Ive read that it is easier to add/change speakers to the base system, as opposed to the B&O. Not looking for anything crazy, just a little more thump! These slim add on subs look like a simple fix without adding a ton of work.

20210310_185133.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ranger's My Middle Name

Ranger's My Middle Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F350
Yes, this thread is what made me post! Unless I'm mistaken, this is talking about the base system. There are other posts on here that talk about upgrading the speakers on the base system, but some seem to mention the B&O being more different. I'm just wondering if anyone has added a powered sub to the B&O equation with good results.

Nathan289

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat fx4, 2019 mazda cx3, 1963 falco
Occupation
Leo
Yes, this thread is what made me post! Unless I'm mistaken, this is talking about the base system. There are other posts on here that talk about upgrading the speakers on the base system, but some seem to mention the B&O being more different. I'm just wondering if anyone has added a powered sub to the B&O equation with good results.
My b&o system came with the b&o powered sub in bose wave style enclosure with an aluminum amp next to it. Behind the seat back..

Reactions: EJH

BigBallin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor
Try taking the stock sub out and putting poly fill in and see if that gives you more base. I do that to most stock subs

Reactions: EJH
OP
OP
Ranger's My Middle Name

Ranger's My Middle Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F350
Try taking the stock sub out and putting poly fill in and see if that gives you more base. I do that to most stock subs
Hey thats a good idea! Also sounds like it would be a simple fix! For the most part, I'm really happy with the sound, some days and certain songs just looking for a little "extra"! Appreciate the tip!

BigBallin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor
Hey thats a good idea! Also sounds like it would be a simple fix! For the most part, I'm really happy with the sound, some days and certain songs just looking for a little "extra"! Appreciate the tip!
I’ve done this for years. Some people say it doesn’t do anything. But personally I think it does. Let us know what you think

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
The b&0 sub isnt enough? I mean its small but it works for me..
The B&O has a sub?!? I thought that little thing was a powered tweeter. :p
Yes, that other thread is for a non-B&O system. AFAIK, the issue with the B&O system is the active noise cancellation. The ANC causes problems when adding amps. There is a thread about it somewhere. That being said, your suggestion is just replacing the factory powered sub with an aftermarket, so it might not be an issue.
So I say, go for it!
I'm all for spending others people money. :clap:

OP
OP
Ranger's My Middle Name

Ranger's My Middle Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F350
The B&O has a sub?!? I thought that little thing was a powered tweeter. :p
Yes, that other thread is for a non-B&O system. AFAIK, the issue with the B&O system is the active noise cancellation. The ANC causes problems when adding amps. There is a thread about it somewhere. That being said, your suggestion is just replacing the factory powered sub with an aftermarket, so it might not be an issue.
So I say, go for it!
I'm all for spending others people money. :clap:
Yes! You get it exactly! I was simply wondering if the powered sub "upgrade" would be an option for the B&O. I might try the stuffing option, but still wondering if the "add-a-sub" would work. I like the overall sound of the system, just looking for a bit more oomph!

As far as the money thing.....ahem.....I would take a "grant" for research!!! ?

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Yes! You get it exactly! I was simply wondering if the powered sub "upgrade" would be an option for the B&O. I might try the stuffing option, but still wondering if the "add-a-sub" would work. I like the overall sound of the system, just looking for a bit more oomph!

As far as the money thing.....ahem.....I would take a "grant" for research!!! ?
You ever replace the B&O sub with a powered sub option?

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I think replacing the B&O subwoofer with a powered sub may be possible with the attached product. This would connect to the factory amp and provide an output for the new powered subwoofer/amp.
Sponsored