B&O door rattle

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Anyone getting a super cheap feeling from the doors? Seems I get a pretty annoying rattling sound from somewhere in my interior, pretty sure the doors from my B&O system. Is this just because it’s a Ford? Makes me want to dynomate the doors.
Sponsored

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I had a small rattle on the passenger front. I had the panel off and tightened the screws holding the armrest pad and it seems to be gone.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
You can test for interior rattles by downloading the app on your phone called simple tone generator 440Hz. Just plug into the usb and adjust the tone as low as 1Hz. It'll make your ears pop.
That's the one I use but there are many others just like it. Works good esp on door panels.

zendick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Sport
I had a door rattle I thought, it was passenger seatbelt buckle rattling between seat and pillar, I'd double check that.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I had a door rattle I thought, it was passenger seatbelt buckle rattling between seat and pillar, I'd double check that.
Me too - I checked it after I saw someone else post that, and my rattle was the passenger seatbelt buckle too.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Me too - I checked it after I saw someone else post that, and my rattle was the passenger seatbelt buckle too.
If i have to turn that passenger seat buckle sideways one more time! I thought my door was going to fall off, nope, sure enough it's the little drummer seatbelt buckle...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If i have to turn that passenger seat buckle sideways one more time! I thought my door was going to fall off, nope, sure enough it's the little drummer seatbelt buckle...
My Honda Accord had the same problem - when it retracts it doesn't slide quite back into position correctly.

NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
What did your door rattles sound like? I keep getting a popping sound coming from what sounds like the front center of the truck. It sounds like the noise is in the area of the camera on the windshield. Weird thing is that the truck will only rattle when I turn to the right. It doesn't do it every time but enough to annoy me. Any thoughts?

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Mine is still there. It's the cover for the armrest on the front passenger. Might take it in or just do it myself.

OP
OP
FlRanger

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine off and put some double sided tape in very small pieces near the plastic clips that click into the panel and it seems to have helped as well. When I take a turn rough I can here something rattle but when I have the base going on the b & o I can’t hear any rattles.

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
What did your door rattles sound like? I keep getting a popping sound coming from what sounds like the front center of the truck. It sounds like the noise is in the area of the camera on the windshield. Weird thing is that the truck will only rattle when I turn to the right. It doesn't do it every time but enough to annoy me. Any thoughts?
I get the same thing when I turn rough. It bugs the crap outa me. I’m still trying to figure out where so I can fix it.
Sponsored