Aux upfitter switch wiring

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
@overanger has a picture with his hand showing a small bundle of wires, these are the 6 seperate auxiliary outputs. Separating the bundle will reveal the individual wire colours (each circuit).

When a upfitter switch is turned on, 12v will be available on its respective circuit via a fuse and a relay. To quote from @Overangers manual, Switch 1 is a 25Amp supply connected to the yellow wire.

If you wanted to connect a set of spotlights for example, the positive wire of the lights could connect to the yellow wire and the negative wire to the chassis. These lights would then be controlled by upfitter switch 1 - as long as you respected the maximum current draw.
Awesome. Thank you. I will look at the box this weekend.
Sponsored

BCRIDGE

First Name
Saya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
project manager
Have a question regarding the fuses. For instance my ditch light kit comes with a 30AMP fuse. What are people using for lights , extra 12v socket in bed etc...

dr7ski

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Scientist
Has anyone noticed that the relay box really isn't attached to anything??? There is one snap that kinda fits in a hole in some sheet metal but it is really flimsy and keeps coming out. I can post pics later but a piss poor job on mounting this thing by Ford.

OP
OP
overanger

overanger

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Information Technology
@overanger is your relay box there firmly connected to the truck?
Just tugged at it, "firm" isn't the word I'd use lol. It IS clipped in to the bracket that sits across from front of the battery but it's not a super solid mount. What's your experience?

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Have a question regarding the fuses. For instance my ditch light kit comes with a 30AMP fuse. What are people using for lights , extra 12v socket in bed etc...
There is a empty connector under the bed on driver side. If I remember correctly its fuses with a 25 amp that's hot after switch and stays hot like 45 min after switch is turned off. Haven't really timed it. I run a fridge off the 12v outlet and lights on same circuit.

dr7ski

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Scientist
Just tugged at it, "firm" isn't the word I'd use lol. It IS clipped in to the bracket that sits across from front of the battery but it's not a super solid mount. What's your experience?
If I wiggle it at all it pops out. Not "firm" at all. I have been thinking about using a zip tie to secure it, but it doesn't seem right to have to "zip tie" something on a $45k new truck, does it???

OP
OP
overanger

overanger

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Information Technology
If I wiggle it at all it pops out. Not "firm" at all. I have been thinking about using a zip tie to secure it, but it doesn't seem right to have to "zip tie" something on a $45k new truck, does it???
I'll have to address the weak mount as we do plan on going off-road, be a shame if this box shook loose on the trails. Zip ties FTW!

Ninda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco TS, 2008 Ranger XLT, 2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Traveling Tourist
Not to steal this thread. I like the write ups on the uplifter switches. Saw a picture where they put it on the Tremor and thought this is what I would like to do on my 2020 ranger. reason is I want to get rid of the rear diff lock, Don't like where it disengages at 23 MPH. I want to put E-lockers in Back and front. And I don't want the truck computer to acknowledge I have one and try to shut it off.

BCRIDGE

First Name
Saya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
project manager
There is a empty connector under the bed on driver side. If I remember correctly its fuses with a 25 amp that's hot after switch and stays hot like 45 min after switch is turned off. Haven't really timed it. I run a fridge off the 12v outlet and lights on same circuit.
Thanks, that would work. Any idea what connector I need for this?
Would prefer a clean install rather than splicing the wires.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Thanks, that would work. Any idea what connector I need for this?
Would prefer a clean install rather than splicing the wires.
No but I'm sure someone here can help. I think some of the kits come ready to plug in. I made my kit from leftovers at work. So I just used some heat shrink butt connectors. Sorry I'm not more help.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Not to steal this thread. I like the write ups on the uplifter switches. Saw a picture where they put it on the Tremor and thought this is what I would like to do on my 2020 ranger. reason is I want to get rid of the rear diff lock, Don't like where it disengages at 23 MPH. I want to put E-lockers in Back and front. And I don't want the truck computer to acknowledge I have one and try to shut it off.
If you're adding switches to an existing Ranger the Tremor setup isn't worth much IMHO. I'd go with SwitchPros or the like. One single cable to route into the cab and much better functionality. At probably the same cost.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ranger Tremor, ‘20 Raptor, ‘14 Jeep SRT
If you're adding switches to an existing Ranger the Tremor setup isn't worth much IMHO. I'd go with SwitchPros or the like. One single cable to route into the cab and much better functionality. At probably the same cost.
I have a SwitchPros unit in my Raptor, and it's significantly more advanced than the Aux switches on my Tremor. Not only the ease of install, but the High/Low capability, and the remote access is kinda trick too.

Sib6019

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Account Manager
Is this the Ford Part Number for the Upfitter Relay Box and cable used in the Ranger? HC3Z14A303F

Albert_636

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Im assuming the fuse can be switched. I.E. i want to use multiple auxiliary devices that require 10A. I can switch out the 5A fuse with a 10A in AUX 4, per say. ???
Sponsored