First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Information Technology
Could an existing Tremor owner please elaborate on the wiring/fuse setup for the panel (or lack thereof), with pics if possible? Is there a control box in the engine bay?

Also, please describe your intended use for the switches.
Sponsored

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Could an existing Tremor owner please elaborate on the wiring/fuse setup for the panel (or lack thereof), with pics if possible? Is there a control box in the engine bay?

Also, please describe your intended use for the switches.
The 'panel' is located in the engine bay drivers side. You will see a black box (mine was wrapped half-assed) in black tape...it has the relays and fuses with leads out the bottom of the box for direct wiring. Don't have a wiring diagram yet, but did see one somewhere on the forum...i'll post if I find it.

OP
OP
overanger

overanger

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Information Technology
The 'panel' is located in the engine bay drivers side. You will see a black box (mine was wrapped half-assed) in black tape...it has the relays and fuses with leads out the bottom of the box for direct wiring. Don't have a wiring diagram yet, but did see one somewhere on the forum...i'll post if I find it.
Thank you, I've recently watched a video of the new Bronco Aux switch wiring setup - it already has the factory wire runs to few strategic places on the truck. I was hoping for the same to be true on the Tremor but alas, it appears to be not as well thought out/implemented on the Tremor.

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Thank you, I've recently watched a video of the new Bronco Aux switch wiring setup - it already has the factory wire runs to few strategic places on the truck. I was hoping for the same to be true on the Tremor but alas, it appears to be not as well thought out/implemented on the Tremor.
no...it really looks tacked on actually....

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape

Have you been able to figure out how to get to the bottom to wire something in? I find the wiring already ran though to be very tight. I see where the new wiring is to go into the box, but the box itself is not easy to access the bottom.

ter240

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat, Tremor
Occupation
Self Employed
Anybody have a picture of the wire color and amp table from their owner's manual?

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Well that is definitely settled then, the NA and Australian are wired differently.

I don't see by the pictures were the incoming wiring is allowed to connect yo the block. Even if the wires are different, can you please explain where the new leads are to go?

Custom Built

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4 Max
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I don't see by the pictures were the incoming wiring is allowed to connect yo the block. Even if the wires are different, can you please explain where the new leads are to go?
@overanger has a picture with his hand showing a small bundle of wires, these are the 6 seperate auxiliary outputs. Separating the bundle will reveal the individual wire colours (each circuit).

When a upfitter switch is turned on, 12v will be available on its respective circuit via a fuse and a relay. To quote from @Overangers manual, Switch 1 is a 25Amp supply connected to the yellow wire.

If you wanted to connect a set of spotlights for example, the positive wire of the lights could connect to the yellow wire and the negative wire to the chassis. These lights would then be controlled by upfitter switch 1 - as long as you respected the maximum current draw.
Sponsored