Auto Stop / Start

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I looked for nightlights yesterday and the ones I saw appeared to be too wide to fit in the rear receptacle. The little door (flap) looks like it would be in the way. Is there something else I'm missing?

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1967 SS Camaro
Occupation
Network Administrator

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Like the commercial says: "set it, and forget it"
Via FORscan, that is...

TCASMER

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew 4x4; 2019 Lexus ES 300h; 1937 Ford Tudor Slantback
Occupation
Retired small business owner
Or put in a dollar store night light for $1.00... Works perfectly. What I have installed in the passenger 12V Power port.
I have also bought an led nightlight and plugged it into the 110v outlet on the back of the center console, and it works flawlessly to keep the start/stop from working. I spent $3.00!!!

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Like the commercial says: "set it, and forget it"
Via FORscan, that is...
Yep, between the engine stop/start, various dings, gongs and honks, the $10 Forscan lisense is worth every penny.

Co-worker brought in a new F150 to work today, begging me to kill the stop/start after less than 120 miles. For fun, will probably "upgrade" him to a Raptor while Forscanning it. Another co-worker found out that I could do it so have two to do. Best, my supply of adult beverages will certainly grow.

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
This probably a massive RTFM moment, but I have not noticed mine turning off with a probably 50/50 chance of me remembering to turn it off. This time of year I generally have the heater low key on. Would having the heater or AC in summer keep it from turning off?

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
This probably a massive RTFM moment, but I have not noticed mine turning off with a probably 50/50 chance of me remembering to turn it off. This time of year I generally have the heater low key on. Would having the heater or AC in summer keep it from turning off?
No such luck. It will re-start if cabin temps drift too far but the engine still will die darn near as soon as you come to a complete stop.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Yep, between the engine stop/start, various dings, gongs and honks, the $10 Forscan lisense is worth every penny.

Co-worker brought in a new F150 to work today, begging me to kill the stop/start after less than 120 miles. For fun, will probably "upgrade" him to a Raptor while Forscanning it. Another co-worker found out that I could do it so have two to do. Best, my supply of adult beverages will certainly grow.
Of equal, if not greater importance now is your personal supply of toilet paper... :shock:
Sponsored