Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I listened very closely with my head sideways under hard acceleration, (it's very safe I assure you hahah) and it does seem to be coming more from the fronts than the rears. Hard to tell though. If that is the case it would be better to take signal off the rears.

I do suspect however that if the Ranger lacks a mic for engine feedback and just uses an ignition signal from the ECU that there is less chance of an "oscillation feedback loop" from a sub install that some people have complained about with 2.3 l mustangs.

Even though I don't have the answers yet I have ordered up my sub components to start my install. Going with a single low profile high output 8" optimized for small enclosures and a bridgeable amp that puts out 250 watts max into a single channel, with a built in subwoofer crossover and high level input options if I need it. I'll run tests on the speaker when I get it because I don't trust published parameters.
Not to be Mr Obvious but is it possible that they use the Sync microphone in the headliner console?

I don't know squat about Forscan, maybe someone in central Indiana can help me out and enlighten me .

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I completely agree. If it's present, I don't notice.

This is one of those things that there are completely opposite opinions. Some insist it exists, and some don't.

I don't notice any piped in sound.
Maybe my severe tinnitus drowns it out.

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Updating this old thread.

The Forscan guys did it. Fake engine noise can now be toggled off through forscan.
Nice!

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone who has disabled the fake noise and has a sub comment on the sound now?

OP
OP
Zaph

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Can anyone who has disabled the fake noise and has a sub comment on the sound now?

A few guys deep into the older forscan fake engine noise discussion have tried it and commented. The consensus seems to be it makes your whole truck seem quieter and your audio cleaner. The thread went dormant for a while after everyone gave up on forscan getting it done then came alive when it was worked out.

Now I just have to get over my fear of messing things up with forscan and give it a try.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
A few guys deep into the older forscan fake engine noise discussion have tried it and commented. The consensus seems to be it makes your whole truck seem quieter and your audio cleaner. The thread went dormant for a while after everyone gave up on forscan getting it done then came alive when it was worked out.

Now I just have to get over my fear of messing things up with forscan and give it a try.
Go 4 it
Just save a backup before making a change. Lots of us here can help answer questions.
I was forced into it when I swapped in Lariat headlights and it was worth the time and effort.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
looks like I'm gonna have to pick up a laptop an get forscan....Didn't really want to do it but I would like the fake engine noise gone an maybe add the keypad feature if it can be turned on via forscan.

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. My ELM just arrived and I just downloaded the software. But! I can't seem to locate the initial, stupid activation code! Any ideas...? I'm not really a computer person.....

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. My ELM just arrived and I just downloaded the software. But! I can't seem to locate the initial, stupid activation code! Any ideas...? I'm not really a computer person.....
From download page
1613009042391.png

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
As soon as I saw they updated FORSCAN and gave us that option I did it. The cab of my Ranger is noticeably quieter now. You'll really notice it when you're doing some spirited driving, or accelerating hard. Now without the artificial "engine" sound, you only hear the actual engine, and it makes it sound a lot less deep and throaty from inside. To my ears, the stereo sound better too since there's no artificial bass tones coming through.

Edd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So how do you turn off the DSP? Is there a seperate Forscan code for that?
Sponsored