At what distance should the headlights hit the ground?

HighCaliberMitch

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLTSC FX4/Sport
After levelling the truck, does anyone know how far out the low beams should go? Or, how many turns on the adjustment screw to bring back to factory. Also, where is that screw?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After levelling the truck, does anyone know how far out the low beams should go? Or, how many turns on the adjustment screw to bring back to factory. Also, where is that screw?
There's a good thread here about this with pictures on how to make the adjustments.

When I did mine I put some tape on the back of my garage wall and backed the truck out around 20'. I think I turned the screw 1 1/2 turns to lower them back down. Put a black dot with a Sharpie on the top of the screw before starting as a marker.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I kept adjusting mine down until the old farts stop flashing me...:)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Psst...You're an old fart too now. lol :giggle::p
Yes sir...senior discount finally:LOL:

There's so many mall cruisers with aftermarket blasters around here...I don't know how they're not constantly getting flashed...I just look towards the right side of the road and be done with them...:)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes sir...senior discount finally:LOL:

There's so many mall cruisers with aftermarket blasters around here...I don't know how they're not constantly getting flashed...I just look towards the right side of the road and be done with them...:)

Haha...I got my first "senior discount" last fall. The place we were at starts them at 55. After we sat down I looked at my g/f and said I think I'd rather pay full price and be younger! :frown::crying:

You have the perfect truck for this. Just flick all the switches and blind them right back. lol :LOL:
Sponsored