What should I attend to before my warranty runs out?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If anything just check the following!!

*Blinker Fluid
*Muffler Bearings
*Piston Return Springs
*The 710 Cap
*Make sure 2 Dampers are installed for Peak Performance!!

Lol all joking aside you should be fine. I have a 2019 with just about 49,000 on it amd I did not get the extended warranty. The only major issue I had was the HVAC Distribution box warping on me. Thankfully I was in bumper to bumper when it happened. Other than that i have been lucky with no problems. I have even been lucky enough to not have a single Recall.

Thats my input here
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I was looking at those. I'm at 24K an the only dealership visit I has was the high oil level.

My 2 concerns that have me looking at the warranties is the HVAC potential problem that requires a new system for $1800 an the potential cost of a new central display. I'm leaning towards not buying one since I can fix one of these 2 problems IF I have a problem for the cost of the warranty. Another reason I'm leaning towards not buying one is I have a Livernois tune in my truck an an expensive powertrain repair might be rejected anyway.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I got ripped off...never got to use any warranty...:mad:?

Last edited:

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Oh dang maybe I should take mine in too. I’ve only got 29 months and 29000 miles left… Someday I may relate to this but the last time I did something like this was when I took my ‘01 Supercrew in at the end of my extended 72000 mile warranty.

I ended up driving home a brand new 2005 F150 FX4, with a 4 inch Rancho lift and a ghost flame paint job.. It was a midlife crisis my wife said after a fuming tirade!

Dangerous times back then ? when you could buy one off the lot..

16 years later I gave it to my granddaughter and got my Lariat Ranger.

Just be careful out there!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was looking at those. I'm at 24K an the only dealership visit I has was the high oil level.

My 2 concerns that have me looking at the warranties is the HVAC potential problem that requires a new system for $1800 an the potential cost of a new central display. I'm leaning towards not buying one since I can fix one of these 2 problems IF I have a problem for the cost of the warranty. Another reason I'm leaning towards not buying one is I have a Livernois tune in my truck an an expensive powertrain repair might be rejected anyway.
The only reason I would consider getting one is if you're going to keep it a long time. With all the computers onboard now they will get expensive to repair. Then add the chip shortage and I'm sure the price of those is through the roof too now. As far as your powertrain goes I'm with you as I have the Livernois tune also but remember first they have to prove the tune causes the damage and second the powertrain and a 5/60 on it.

It's a tough decision and I'm been thinking about it myself. I never keep a vehicle long, usually 3 years but I might just keep this one past next July which will be 3 years for me. I don't like anything else that's out there and the new ones are way to expensive right now. Only way I'd get rid of it is if I could sell it for a crazy price like some have and them I'd buy a new one from Granger Ford at 3% under invoice and wait to see if there's a PHEV Ranger on the next Gen.

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
The bumper to bumper is 3/36.

Your powertrain is 5 years/60k miles so you have a while on it yet.

For your 3/36, one thing to take a look at is your parking brake boot.

A lot of them crack and split (mine did).

Get it replaced under the warranty if yours shows signs of getting ready to fail.

The new boot material seems much better.
Yeah mine did after my 36k ??‍♂

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The only reason I would consider getting one is if you're going to keep it a long time. With all the computers onboard now they will get expensive to repair. Then add the chip shortage and I'm sure the price of those is through the roof too now. As far as your powertrain goes I'm with you as I have the Livernois tune also but remember first they have to prove the tune causes the damage and second the powertrain and a 5/60 on it.

It's a tough decision and I'm been thinking about it myself. I never keep a vehicle long, usually 3 years but I might just keep this one past next July which will be 3 years for me. I don't like anything else that's out there and the new ones are way to expensive right now. Only way I'd get rid of it is if I could sell it for a crazy price like some have and them I'd buy a new one from Granger Ford at 3% under invoice and wait to see if there's a PHEV Ranger on the next Gen.
I get new car fever a lot. That's why I've bought 15 new cars in my life, 2 certified pre owned an 4 used mustangs. I kept my 87 notch back 5.0 9 years until strut tower rust got too bad (it was driven year round in ohio since new) an I kept my '16 fusion 5 an a half years. Other than those 2 I usually got a new car every 3 years an sometimes had 2 cars at once even though I was the only driver.

I really like the truck an the current car market has me thinking I'll keep it a long(ish) time. I'm probably going to pass on the warranty an if I get a major problem trade it in. I'd be paying either way.

OP
OP
Bullet

Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thanks for all the input....

Did get a call from the dealership yesterday. They wanted me to trade. Didn't entertain it. But maybe I should have checked out their offer.

I know to look for the obvious on the truck; oil and such.

I was just curious what hidden things I should be aware of.

I am considering the extended warranty, but the truck is reliable. (Until it's not.) That's always a crap-shoot.

My blinker fluid is low by the way. I think the dealer replaced it with the wrong mix at my last service. Seems thicker. Maybe because it's getting colder. I'll need to have this checked out soon.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Put in 60K miles quick...take a cross country vacation... ?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the input....

Did get a call from the dealership yesterday. They wanted me to trade. Didn't entertain it. But maybe I should have checked out their offer.

I know to look for the obvious on the truck; oil and such.

I was just curious what hidden things I should be aware of.

I am considering the extended warranty, but the truck is reliable. (Until it's not.) That's always a crap-shoot.

My blinker fluid is low by the way. I think the dealer replaced it with the wrong mix at my last service. Seems thicker. Maybe because it's getting colder. I'll need to have this checked out soon.
Thanks to Brandon, I can't afford the price of blinker fluid...so I'm refusing to signal until the price comes down...?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks to Brandon, I can't afford the price of blinker fluid...so I'm refusing to signal until the price comes down...?
There's one hand signal I can think of I'd like to use. :lipssealed:?