Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@AZRangerDood
Curious about your lighting upgrades.
How is the light bar performing?
What is you use to upgrade the fogs to amber?
The lightbar is actually pretty decent for the price point, although I may upgrade to a CaliRaised or something more reputable later on. I just stuck some amber leds in the oem fog housings for now. Nothing fancy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZRangerDood

AZRangerDood

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ahh yes! I actually forgot to add that to the existing mods, but it’s a good reminder either way, because the one I have actually broke recently and I’ve been meaning to replace it. It was an ebay special so that’s what I get for cheaping out. Lol
In case the other one falls through you can get a new one here. Use code WELCOME at checkout for free shipping.

https://www.varsityfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-tailgate-damper-cartridge-vkb3z99406a10a?c=az0x

OP
OP
AZRangerDood

AZRangerDood

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
The lightbar is actually pretty decent for the price point, although I may upgrade to a CaliRaised or something more reputable later on. I just stuck some amber leds in the oem fog housings for now. Nothing fancy.
CaliRaised just sells repackaged Chicom lights at a higher pricer tag. You can find the same lights on Amazon for about $100-$80 less than their markup. Or get the same lights on Alibaba for about 50% less than Amazon if you are willing to wait a month for arrival.

How do I know this? Because I did my research and bought some;

IMG_20210603_193945.jpg

The only modifications I did was redo the orange tinted lenses to a more yellow hue using Krylon yellow glass paint with a non-yelling UV clearcoat on top. That and I re-did all the seams using gasket maker to seal them. I do this with any light I buy though.

From my brief research it seems only Baja and Diode Dynamics manufacturer in-house. Even Rigid labels their light as "assembled in the USA" not made in the USA.

Nothing wrong with chicom lights as long as you reseal them and dont expect high technology focusing cups.

0F3FEC36-D1FE-4DAF-9252-73779BB78195.jpeg

6DA626BC-4C27-4FFE-B3AA-2D4376B604B9.jpeg

9C98D19B-583E-4209-A90E-3AD171CE98B8.jpeg

OP
OP
AZRangerDood

AZRangerDood

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I swapped out my BDS 2" Leveling Kit for a Roush Performance - Fox 2.0 kit. I still need to go for an alignment before I take this thing out for real, but I already feel a big improvement on the street. Just going for spin through the neighborhood afterword felt better.. Can't wait to hit the trails!

Also, for what it's worth I left the front coils as is and didnt't adjust the preload and the amount of level seems pretty comparable to what I had with the BDS kit.

RideFox-1.jpg

RideFox.jpg

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Admin Type. U.S. Navy (Retired)
Update: I swapped out my BDS 2" Leveling Kit for a Roush Performance -
Was the BDS that bad? It looked like an inexpensive way to level it out. I wasn’t too sure about pulling the trigger on the Fox 2.0 package.

OP
OP
AZRangerDood

AZRangerDood

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Was the BDS that bad? It looked like an inexpensive way to level it out. I wasn’t too sure about pulling the trigger on the Fox 2.0 package.
Not at all. In fact, as far as spacer leveling kits go, I’d say it’s one of the better ones out there, considering the price point and how they balance changes to the frontend geometry with both a preload/top hat spacer + they include rear shocks. On street it was definitely an improvement over the oem FX4 setup and it served its purpose for me, but I got to the point where I was wanting more offroad performance. The ride was still borderline uncontrollable on trails with whoops and washboard areas. This Fox kit should refine some of that.

If you’re just trying to fit a bigger tire and get a slightly better ride over stock, I’d definitely recommend BDS.

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Admin Type. U.S. Navy (Retired)
If you’re just trying to fit a bigger tire and get a slightly better ride over stock, I’d definitely recommend BDS.
I’m at the biggest tire size I’ll go. Just level it out and some light off road every now and then. No hardcore trails or rock crawling.

OP
OP
AZRangerDood

AZRangerDood

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m at the biggest tire size I’ll go. Just level it out and some light off road every now and then. No hardcore trails or rock crawling.
Yeah sounds like that’ll suit your needs perfectly then.