First Name
KJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2014 Ford Edge, 2010 Ford Fusion
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Manager
Details on the bed mat.
One of the issue I wanted to cure with the bed liner was the tendency for everything to slide around. Another was that its rough on the knees.
I looked at the Ford bed mat but it wouldn't fit with the liner in there. Looked at other mats like horse stall mats and those weigh a lot. Wanted something to remove if I wanted.
I found the puzzle mats and thought that might work. Cheap, provides cushioning and should reduce things sliding around. I was thinking I would get black but received Grey. Goes well with the silver on the truck.
Got the 2 pack since one more would be needed than was in the one pack. You could get away with the 1 pack if you don't mind a gap at the edges.
20201226_150213.LARGE.jpeg

20201226_153115.LARGE.jpeg

The edges are a little rough, I had a fresh blade and took my time cutting it but still came out rough.
20201226_153941.LARGE.jpeg

20201226_165649.LARGE.jpeg

Finished. I used the edges off a piece to finish the outside. Not perfect but I'm happy with it.
20201226_170021.LARGE.jpeg

20201226_170822.LARGE.jpeg

20201226_171011.LARGE.jpeg
Added a bed light too. Nice and bright.
I can just reach it to turn it on or remove it.

Advertisement

OP
KJRR

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
One install I forgot, Sept 2020 added the Putco grill insert. Was pretty easy. Make sure you have things lined up before you stick it in place with the tape as it won't let go easily. No pics but looks like all the others without ACC. :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Nice job KJ, and I love the old boat.

OP
KJRR

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nice job KJ, and I love the old boat.
Thanks!
We've had the boat since about 1994 I think, was my father-in-laws. Just had the motor rebuilt a year ago and rebuilt the dash last spring. Have replaced part of the floor over the years and replaced wood on the seats. Very low maintenance for the number of years we've had it. Getting to be time to tear it apart and fix the leaking rivets though.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
June 4th, 2020
Now that I've got a few other projects completed around the house, had time for the truck. Installed the engine cover Monday and tailgate letters and painted the tailpipe last night.
20200527_200455-jpg.jpg

20200603_203634-jpg.jpg

20200603_203440-jpg.jpg
About to do letters and looking to do engine cover and paint. Which paint did you use? Was it the original pipe and how hard was the letters?

OP
KJRR

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
About to do letters and looking to do engine cover and paint. Which paint did you use? Was it the original pipe and how hard was the letters?
Hi Neil,
I used Rust-oleam High Heat that I had left over from another project. It's held up so far but we'll see how it looks in the spring. I can always touch it up if needed. It was on the original exhaust, I just cleaned it up with steal wool, wiped it down with paint thinner, masked off areas that I didn't want overspray, and sprayed it.
The letters were pretty easy using the wet method. I cleaned the area, wiped down with alcohol, sprayed a soapy water mix and stuck the letters on. Squeegeed the water out when they were in place and they came out pretty good. I did have a slight wrinkle in the cross bar of the A but it came out after it was sunny the next day.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Hi Neil,
I used Rust-oleam High Heat that I had left over from another project. It's held up so far but we'll see how it looks in the spring. I can always touch it up if needed. It was on the original exhaust, I just cleaned it up with steal wool, wiped it down with paint thinner, masked off areas that I didn't want overspray, and sprayed it.
The letters were pretty easy using the wet method. I cleaned the area, wiped down with alcohol, sprayed a soapy water mix and stuck the letters on. Squeegeed the water out when they were in place and they came out pretty good. I did have a slight wrinkle in the cross bar of the A but it came out after it was sunny the next day.
Thanks, waiting for warmer weather here in the Carolinas. I purchased some VHT ENGINE METALLIV DRIVE TRAIN paint and will see how it goes.🤞🤞🤞🤞

Advertisement