First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
Inside with my wife's X5. Too many mice outside; my work truck would get mice nests in the cabin filter somehow. I had to sell my money pit '67 Chevy shortbed because nothing can be left outside - too many oak trees, birds, critters.
Sponsored

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
With a one car garage, wife gets that. I put up a tarp to keep the pine cones and sap off of him, but had a snowstorm that was more than they called for and ripped my tarp down, which of course crashed into my truck, caused a good sized dent on the fender and the wire ropes gouged the paint, so it's currently at the body shop, hope to get it back Monday. At least the paint will probably be better than the cheap stuff that comes from the factory that chips off with a stiff wind.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
One word..... Horders!
My wife and I go thru the house, garage, and sheds once a year, with a few exceptions if we haven't needed it in a year we don't need to be holding on to it.
I do the same thing. I won't lie I have a tendency to hang onto stuff I don't need but every few years I make an effort to clear things out. I especially do this with clothes. Anything I have not worn for a few years or doesn't fit me anymore I donate to Vietnam Veterans of America. I schedule a pickup date, put it in bags outside and they come pick it up. It helps a good cause and takes very little effort.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yeah I mentioned that in another thread. In my neighborhood I estimate about 75% of the people here park their 30k+ cars in the driveway even though all the houses have garages. If I happen to drive by when they have their garage door open it looks like the garage mostly has boxes and junk inside.

I get having multiple cars and having to choose which to garage. But keeping the cars outside while the garage is taken up with unused exercise bikes from 1980, boxes of who knows what that probably have not been opened in years and now filled with mice nests, and other stuff that is never used and probably should be donated or taken to a landfill, that I don't get. To each their own, it's their house, their garage and their cars but I don't feel bad for them when they are out scraping snow off their cars early in the morning in freezing weather while I just get in my Ranger and drive off.
Yep.

On one of the main entrances into our neighborhood we've got a cluster of these folks that are making a choke point with all their shit in the road.

I don't feel too bad either if I accidentally brush a milk crate against their cars' bumper while trying to navigate up their unshoveled driveway to their porch.
“ShUte em and drag em in da house”
Just make sure to shout a "watcha' doin?" before you choot 'em. Gotta get 'em to turn towards you!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Morning All -

Was curious … you guys an inside the garage at night or outside the whole time owner?

I know some owners don’t have garages, love their trucks all babied in garages, garages are too packed to fit any car in it, can only fit the wife’s car (lol), live in apartments with no garages… etc !?

Wondering how the elements are with you guys and what you all like to do with the upkeep barring each ???
HI Mack,

Inside....Garage space is 1800 sq. ft. 1 40ft motorhome, 1 Nautilus and 1 Ranger...

Best,
Phil

CODave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Inside the garage. We get waaaay too much snow here in the Rockies for it to live outside, and I don't want to spend an extra 30 minutes getting the snow off, defrosting, and warming it up before leaving for work.
My neighbor is one of those guys who leaves $80k worth of vehicles in his driveway, so he can keep $1000 worth of crap in his garage. I just don't get that. Every 6 months for the last 5 years, he's been like "Maybe I should clean out my garage so I can park inside!" Yeah, ya think?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Morning All -

Was curious … you guys an inside the garage at night or outside the whole time owner?

I know some owners don’t have garages, love their trucks all babied in garages, garages are too packed to fit any car in it, can only fit the wife’s car (lol), live in apartments with no garages… etc !?

Wondering how the elements are with you guys and what you all like to do with the upkeep barring each ???
In theory, we have a two-car garage, but in practice (meaning counting all the junk that we keep in there), it is a one-car garage, which suits us fine with just one truck. And when the Ranger, named Lucky Luke, is not traveling, it stays inside the garage day and night regardless of the weather. I will briefly park it on the driveway on really nice days when I feel like washing it myself, but I only leave it out there long enough to dry off...

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Right now outside,selling this house in about a month and moving to SC where i will have a 2 car garage.