Are there any hitch receiver lochs that don't seize / fail?

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
So, Bolt has a loyalty program. I never registered my original locks, but they accepted a screenshot of my Amazon invoices, and sent me a rebate form for $10 for each new lock I buy.

Amazon says the locks DO NOT work with 21 Ford Ranger. Bolt website says they do. I confirmed matching part numbers, and ordered from Amazon. Locks arrived today, and I can confirm they do indeed work. Ignition, doors, tailgate, hitch lock, cable lock and two bolt padlocks....one key to rule them all!
Sponsored

Skit hjälm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hilux, Ranger, Landcruiser,
just take it out... no reason to always have it on your truck tbh...
Fwiw,
I never take mine out. Its surprising how many people will bang into it whilst parked.
I believe if they’ll hit my hitchball, they’d more than likely go the extra 4” to hit the truck.

Actually Last week the neighbor who always backs into my driveway to turn around clobbered my hitchball with their brand new Subaru.
I looked out the window to see her speed away with a serious dent in her bumper.
Haven’t heard a word from her...

As far as locking the pin, I’m using a AN-10 bolt with damaged threads. It was serious wrench job to screw on the nut. In a couple years, it’ll probably need to be cut off.
An opportunist trailerball thief is unlikely to mess with it.

Last edited:

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I have two of them and used them for 20+ years with no maintenance. I do take my hitch off after use. I too have banged my shins on them. OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCHHH.
I got smart after a few time and 99% of the time the hitch is just sitting in the garage.

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
I was wondering why the state has a fine for this?
Never heard of this?

Twice in my life, I've been walking through a parking lot at night in the dark and caught a hitch to the shin. I was just about all for banning trucks after that.

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
PacLock
Amp
Proven Industries
Fort Knox
All expensive, all long lasting, all relatively theft deterrent.
Sponsored