I dont believe anyone uas them yet but I do plan to get them in due time

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
IMO only... They are WAY over priced....

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Your opinion yes but also understand that Australia probably does more offroad compared to the US and took time to engineer the skid plate set. The AFN wich is a lower cost does not look to have the same durability just by looking at the design.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your opinion yes but also understand that Australia probably does more offroad compared to the US and took time to engineer the skid plate set. The AFN which is a lower cost does not look to have the same durability just by looking at the design.
Possible... 2.97 Square miles (Australia) vs 3.79 square miles (USA)... Population 25.36 million vs 328.2 million... but unlikely.

Anyway... just my opinion... I would never spend that kind of money on them.

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
There's a couple of people with them. I helped a buddy install his and compare to my shrockworks skids.

A) shrocks are a bit narrower up front but they both taper to in between lower control arms

B) for the money, the arb is excellent. The $680 covers almost as far back as the Shrockworks, but come powder coated.

C) the Shrockworks tuck a bit better, so you do have a slightly better clearance and approach angle, bumper dependent of course.

D) covers the front diff, shrock leaves it somewhat exposed. Never got an answer as to why

Verus the afn, this is a complete skid plate package versus $430~ for just engine sump. The arb covers bumper to lca, engine and front diff, and transfer case. For the money, it's an amazing product

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
What are you comparing them to? They are complete skids, not just engine sump. Shrockworks with powder coating are $1060

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
There's a couple of people with them. I helped a buddy install his and compare to my shrockworks skids.

A) shrocks are a bit narrower up front but they both taper to in between lower control arms

B) for the money, the arb is excellent. The $680 covers almost as far back as the Shrockworks, but come powder coated.

C) the Shrockworks tuck a bit better, so you do have a slightly better clearance and approach angle, bumper dependent of course.

D) covers the front diff, shrock leaves it somewhat exposed. Never got an answer as to why

Verus the afn, this is a complete skid plate package versus $430~ for just engine sump. The arb covers bumper to lca, engine and front diff, and transfer case. For the money, it's an amazing product
I completely agree that ARB builds GREAT stuff... and if the 680 is Australian dollars (535 US) MAYBE... but 400 is more like it ... for me.

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
I completely agree that ARB builds GREAT stuff... and if the 680 is Australian dollars (535 US) MAYBE... but 400 is more like it ... for me.
What full skid plate set for the US ranger sells for $400?

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
What are you comparing them to? They are complete skids, not just engine sump. Shrockworks with powder coating are $1060
I have skid plates on my other cars... 250 and 350 for a Volvo and an M5... yes, not as extensive as ARB is offering, but on my previous Ranger, the same thing was 150.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I have skid plates on my other cars... 250 and 350 for a Volvo and an M5... yes, not as extensive as ARB is offering, but on my previous Ranger, the same thing was 150.
Let us guess, this was years ago?

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger FX2
ARB lists them as being 3mm thick. Or approx. 1/8". I installed the front two skids from 589 Fab. They're more money, but they're also thicker at 3/16" (same as Shrockworks). Also, I don't see any openings in the ARB skids for drain plug access.
The ARB's look nice but having already made us of mine in Death Valley, I wouldn't want anything potentially weaker.
IMG_7084.JPG
Sponsored