Looking for feedback on the Westin front skid plates.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Looking to see if anyone has put an Westin front skid plate on specifically an 2wd (fx2) truck, I would like to add some underbody protection to the non existent protection the FX2 package adds (I know should have just bought an 4x4).

Since it appears that Westin plate does not use the towing hooks as attachment points and costs less than 200 bucks from rock auto it seems to be a great budget option (no need for 4x4 towing hooks) along with the power steering pump plate for light off road driving. I plan to keep the stock bumper for now as well and from the install directions it seems to compatible with it.

1645131641287.png

Thanks!
Sponsored

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
I have one and it does use the tow hook mounting points for support. You should have the mounting points though, so no problem there. It's a stout piece of steel! Probably weighs about 20lbs. No regrets here

OP
OP
remtv

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
I have one and it does use the tow hook mounting points for support. You should have the mounting points though, so no problem there. It's a stout piece of steel! Probably weighs about 20lbs. No regrets here
Thanks for the reply, on the mounting, do you mean it uses the same holes that the tow hooks use to mount to the truck or do they use the legs that are on factory 4wd hooks for the skid plate? As with with most of things of this nature the instructions leave a little bit to the imagination.
1645134481834.png
Thanks!
Sponsored