Anyone try the Extang Trifecta 2.0 Signature?

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4

mransr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2000 Mustang GT Convertible
I was wondering if anyone has installed the cover with the pivot boxes installed in the bed. It appears to be enough space, but I would like to hear from someone who has done it before I order the cover. I've attached some photos of the pivot boxes.

IMG_1055.jpg
I'm not sure the latches will clear those pivot boxes
0708191734.jpg

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
There should have been 2 "L" shaped brackets that bolt to the rear corners of the bed for the rear portion of the cover to attach to.
Are the brackets you're referring to only for those with a drop in bed liner? I just have a spray in liner, and it works fine - unless I'm missing something.

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
I'm not sure the latches will clear those pivot boxes
0708191734.jpg
This is how mine connects to the rear portion of the bed with a drop in liner.

mransr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There should have been 2 "L" shaped brackets that bolt to the rear corners of the bed for the rear portion of the cover to attach to.
Their instructions SUCK. Those brackets are supposed to be used with any bed liner; with the drop-in there are pictures on what to modify, for the spray in the written instruction mention cleaning out the holes before installing the brackets. I'm pretty sure it will work without them, but I think they are there to provide a stronger attachment point than the bed rail does.

OP
OP
Hounddog409

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
20190728_164349.jpg
Their instructions SUCK. Those brackets are supposed to be used with any bed liner; with the drop-in there are pictures on what to modify, for the spray in the written instruction mention cleaning out the holes before installing the brackets. I'm pretty sure it will work without them, but I think they are there to provide a stronger attachment point than the bed rail does.
Just installed my Trifecta. Used the 2 L bracket. Used these to attach the front clips.

Instructions were fine. Took about 30 minutes. Most of that was trying to figure out how the front bulk head spacer bar was goin to attach. Did not understand how those 2 screw were goin to tighten down.

Just said screw it and it does work as shown. No clue how, but it works.

Looks so much better than the vinyl.

Last edited:

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was going to ask if anyone that applied for the rebate had received it. But just checked the mail, and it was there. With any other rebate card, there's been specific instructions requiring you to register it - nothing with this one. This one is managed by Awards2go.net, so I went there and found the registration (and assumed activation) page.

It's also a Debit card, and I expected to be prompted to assign a PIN, but nothing. Did some more poking around and found this FAQ: "When making a purchase at the merchant terminal when prompted to select between “credit” and “debit”, you may select either option. Selecting “debit” will prompt you for a PIN. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your Card number. You may use your Card without a PIN by selecting “credit” when prompted."

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
I was wondering if anyone has installed the cover with the pivot boxes installed in the bed. It appears to be enough space, but I would like to hear from someone who has done it before I order the cover. I've attached some photos of the pivot boxes.

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg
I have this cover and like it, save for one annoying thing. I took my time installing it and it looks great and keeps thing bone dry. But I kept hearing a rattle and couldn’t figure it out. I called the factory and they couldn’t help.

The other day I was drying my truck after it’s bath, and I noticed one of the snaps that’s used to hold the cover in place was hitting the back of the bed. I’m pondering what to put on the snap to insulate the sound.

By the way, I paid $399 delivered.

mransr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The other day I was drying my truck after it’s bath, and I noticed one of the snaps that’s used to hold the cover in place was hitting the back of the bed. I’m pondering what to put on the snap to insulate the sound.

Mine was doing that too. I put some little clips** I had in the garage on each side of the cab end clamps and that seems to have stopped it shifting toward the cab and letting the snaps rattle against the cab. It also makes it easier for me to get it back in the right place after I remove it.

**These are the kind of clip I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3MUY9K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have this cover and like it, save for one annoying thing. I took my time installing it and it looks great and keeps thing bone dry. But I kept hearing a rattle and couldn’t figure it out. I called the factory and they couldn’t help.

I initially had the same issue. But I moved the cover about 1/4" closer to the tailgate, and have not had any problems since then.

OP
OP
Hounddog409

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Are the brackets you're referring to only for those with a drop in bed liner? I just have a spray in liner, and it works fine - unless I'm missing something.
they add stiffness to the bed rail. I bolted these on and attached cover clamps to them.

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
I initially had the same issue. But I moved the cover about 1/4" closer to the tailgate, and have not had any problems since then.
Great minds think alike. I did the same yesterday.

David Schuster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4; 1969 Torino GT
Installed mine today. Didn't notice any 'L' shaped brackets referred to in other posts. Anyone have pics of them? Seems OK with what they sent in the fastener bag.
rail.jpg
insert.jpg
bulkhead rail on.jpg
installed.jpg
rear.jpg
installed gate down.jpg
installed gate up.jpg

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Just installed mine last weekend. Very easy install; did not get L brackets. Modification to drop in liner was simple and easy. Small leak by the tailgate that I believe a seal will take care of.

Question for you guys though. I have ZERO water bead up/shedding off the cover. Should there be any kind of protection on the tarp from the factory? I ordered RaggTop cleaner/protector which is what the manufacturer recommended, but did not have any kind of water shedding ability to start with.
Sponsored