Extang Xceed 2.0

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I had an Extang Xceed on my '19 and was well satisfied with it. The biggest problem I had was leaking at the front bed corners. There were some gaps that Ford has since addressed. I had a kludge that worked pretty good last time.

I looked at a bunch of different tonneaus this time around and thought about going real cheap, or maybe in between, but really liked the hard folding covers. The cheap 3 fold covers I found were not low profile at all and had a large fixed front section, further limiting our tiny bed. I found a seller on ebay with new 5' Xceeds for $595 + $149.95 shipping, $744.95 total, which is less than I paid in 2000. So I went for it.

It came today and I installed it. The tonneau is very similar to the 1 I had before and the install was the same. The brackets that they add front and rear really help give the clamps something to bite on.

I noticed the instructions were marked "Roush" and thought that was odd, but whatever. I was quite surprised to see this when I unfolded it.
20220112_181959.jpg

I don't really care, but it's not mentioned anywhere in the ebay listing. Being labeled Roush must add at least a couple of HP, right? It fits great and was in a closed Extang factory box. They still ship them with aluminum chips, but this 1 had quite a lot less than the first 1 or the Silverado version I installed for a friend.

Here's a couple of pics of the finished product.
20220112_182006.jpg
\
20220112_181951.jpg
Sponsored