Anyone had this happen?

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
That is unbelievable! And whats more unbelievable is that you agreed with it.
Sponsored

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Unless they said ahead of time they aren’t liable if they broke them they should pay to fix it.

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Absolutely not!!! You paid Ford Dealer price for installation you should expect it to be done right.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Could you just glue it and eliminate the gap?.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
They should put your truck back to the way it was prior to their installation. The problem is they have your truck and can hold it until they get paid for what they say you owe. Overall, the situation stinks.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds just like service writer BS over the phone. An in person confrontation about this gets most satisfactory results. ie: aggressively discussion

Last edited:

Simplemann14

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger stx
Occupation
Retired
So I am having the dealer install the hitch from ford. They call me today and say "So when installing these 50 percent of the time we break the clips on the fascia, well we did on yours. We can put it back together without replacing this and youll just see a small gap on the one side. Or for $166 we can order new ones and itll look like it did before".

Now I told them to go ahead and make it look brand new but I am curious if anyone else has had this experience. Is it worth me throwing a shit fit over? Doesn't seem like I should have to pay since you guys broke it doing the install.
not your fault.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
that is just your dealer telling you they are incompetent, we break half of these? No way in hell i would pay for that, and i would be talking to a general manager in a heart beat. If they know its something they screw up 50 percent of the time, you should have been forewarned. just my 2 cents.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
So I am having the dealer install the hitch from ford. They call me today and say "So when installing these 50 percent of the time we break the clips on the fascia, well we did on yours. We can put it back together without replacing this and youll just see a small gap on the one side. Or for $166 we can order new ones and itll look like it did before".

Now I told them to go ahead and make it look brand new but I am curious if anyone else has had this experience. Is it worth me throwing a shit fit over? Doesn't seem like I should have to pay since you guys broke it doing the install.
They should have made it right (ordering the new part at no extra cost to you) and then told you about it later. No, you should not pay extra, and yes, you should throw a "shit fit" or, better yet, threaten to take this up with the Better Business Bureau and higher level Ford. They should be ashamed of themselves, first, for breaking the parts half the time, and second, for daring to ask the customer to pay for their mistakes!

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

I absolutely agree with the consensus that breaking your truck is their fault, so fixing it is their responsibility. If replacement of parts is a routine step in the installation, replacement should be baked into the estimate.

Also, your options are exceptionally limitted since you already agreed to pay them to fix it.

Silver lining is that they showed you who they are, and you know where to never take your truck ever again or buy another vehicle from. And make sure you let management know that they won't see your face again. They might respond by dropping the cost of fixing their mistake, which would be great, but nonetheless don't return there.
Sponsored