Had anyone noticed Bed liner overspray from factory?

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Point is that when you order a factory spray liner, your paying for a sub-par product. Not only is it not prepped right, several have commented on it's being very thin toward the top of and under the bed rail.
If you were seeing that same type job on a Line X or other after market applied liner, you would scream bloody murder.
No, it's not gonna "fly off", but why would pay for, and accept a sloppy job/product ?
Sounds more like a solution in search of a problem .
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rangeo

Rangeo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
If you google it up, one site says to use acetone, but I would hesitate due to the possibility of Ford using water based paints, or harming the clear coat.
Another site suggests using plain old rubbing alcohol....apply it to the overspray, let it soak in, and wipe it off with clean paper or terry cloth towel.
Another site suggests using and dabbing olive oil on the area, let soak in and wipe off.
Grumpaw, I just want to thank you! I finally got a chance to get out and attempt to get that over spray off using the olive oil suggestion. Worked like a charm!!

thanks to you, I’m not as pissed at Ford and thanks to everyone who chimed in!

Also, yes I ordered the factory Bedliner before seeing all of the reviews about it on it on this forum. Oh well, live and learn. The truck is mostly recreational use and won’t be doing heavy construction type work anyways.

thanks again!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I know I can’t be the only forum member with a very good quality factory bedliner. Nothing wrong with mine at all.