Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got this in the mail yesterday. These quick lube joints must be hurting for business. Stay in your car & see it all it says. In about 15 mins. Not for me. No way ,no how.:crying:

DSCN8753.JPG
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I haven't seen this around here yet but I'm surprised their insurance allows this. Most shops have signs stating not to enter their work areas. I guess they want you to stay in your car so you can't see how bad they're messing it up. lol

OP
OP
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen this around here yet but I'm surprised their insurance allows this. Most shops have signs stating not to enter their work areas. I guess they want you to stay in your car so you can't see how bad they're messing it up. lol
This is the other side. :giggle:

DSCN8755_LI.jpg

Last edited:

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I go to one by the house twice a year. Once for the Ranger and once for the wife's Audi. They do an excellent job. Quick and easy. I just sit in the car and listen to the radio in the vehicle in the aux position.

They do the state inspection pretty quick. LOL. No way I let them do my oil change!!!

Last edited:

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I remember the place my wife carried her car to in Lawrenceville Ga back in the mid 80's that let you stay in your vehicle. The Express Lube shops here do that.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I've used these in the past. but never again. they screwed up in big ways twice. On my wife's Jeep Liberty, they didn't tighten the drain plug sufficiently. Left an oily mess in the driveway and on the skid plates, had to buy more oil.

On my Honda Fit, I had one of these places do my inspection. Months later, I was frustrated with an odd clunking noise that took awhile to diagnose. Turns out, one of the brake caliper mounting bolts was gone, and the other one had almost fallen out. The last place to touch my car was the quick lube place that did my inspection.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
"See the job done right, right before your eyes..." except that from inside your vehicle, you cannot see what they are doing underneath the hood!
There are actually cameras in front of and under the car so you can watch them do your oil change on a monitor next to you. I prefer to go to the dealer (or my own driveway when I have the space) but I've taken many different cars to valvolines all over the country and never had an issue.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
There are actually cameras in front of and under the car so you can watch them do your oil change on a monitor next to you. I prefer to go to the dealer (or my own driveway when I have the space) but I've taken many different cars to valvolines all over the country and never had an issue.
I stand corrected. Who would have thought? Thanks, man! (I think I will still keep on going to my Ford dealer for service, however.)

HDRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCrew FX4, 1995 Jeep ZJ
We use the valvoline oil change shop regularly without any problems. That being said, we only take our older cars there. The 2 vehicles still under warranty go to the dealer for all maintenance. My ford dealer has their "qwik lane" service bays...my average oil change there is 3 hours. Nothing "qwik" about it! But, I also dont have to worry about any warranty issues.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
If you just need an oil change, what’s the difference between one of these places vs the dealership? Both have their top brass in the pit…. The dealership is farther away, charges more, takes longer, and often requires an appointment. I can see the popularity of these places, only for oil and to fill the windshield washer fluid.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Got this in the mail yesterday. These quick lube joints must be hurting for business. Stay in your car & see it all it says. In about 15 mins. Not for me. No way ,no how.:crying:

DSCN8753.JPG
Since 2012, I've used my Ford dealership for oil changes. But prior to that, Valvoline was my go-to oil change service. The one I used was very professionally managed, and never had an issue with them.

Texas requires an annual vehicle inspection, and the Quick Lane at Ford said it would take an hour or more to get to me. So I drove over to Valvoline and got in and out in about 15 minutes. Had me stay in my car (my wife's Sonata), which was weird because they're supposed to do a quick drive to test the brakes.