First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Another good Bronco video that goes through each model, pricing and available option packages. I really like the Badlands model with the Lux package. Now I have to figure out how I can convince my girlfriend she needs one. ?

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like Ford changed their mind and is now offering the Sasquatch package with the manual tranny now. This is going to be one really nice package!

Ford Bronco will get a manual with the Sasquatch package after all

So yes, now you will be able to order a Ford Bronco in any trim, any body style, with any transmission and pair it with the seven-speed manual transmission. It comes complete with electronic locking front and rear axles, Bilstein shocks, 35-inch mud-terrain tires, beadlock-capable wheels and wider fender flares. Worth noting is that the manual transmission is still only offered with the turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine. Opting for the turbo 2.7-liter V6 will require an automatic. For maximum off-road capability with the manual, you'll want the Badlands trim, which brings electronic sway-bar disconnect, but is still available with a manual transmission and four-cylinder.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/ford-bronco-manual-sasquatch-package-122100535.html

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer

Deleted member 1634

Looks like Ford changed their mind and is now offering the Sasquatch package with the manual tranny now. This is going to be one really nice package!

Ford Bronco will get a manual with the Sasquatch package after all

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/ford-bronco-manual-sasquatch-package-122100535.html
In my mind it was likely simply testing to see if the manual could handle the extra torque required for rolling 35s and still meet all their specs and requirements. And the manufacturing guys making sure they could add another conditional option in the build process.

The Sasquatch package was never on my list of wants (even though I'll probably never be able to get a Bronco anyways), but it's nice to see them actually trying to give people what they want and more options.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
In my mind it was likely simply testing to see if the manual could handle the extra torque required for rolling 35s and still meet all their specs and requirements. And the manufacturing guys making sure they could add another conditional option in the build process.
No, they simply decided that the free advertising was cover the cost of an option that would lose money.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have no need ATM for a Sasquatch Bronco, but it looks so good I might have to make one up.
Same here! The Bronco was never a consideration but now after watching videos and reading all these articles I'm trying to convince myself I need one. Actually I'm still trying to convince my girlfriend she needs one. lol

The Sasquatch package was never on my list of wants (even though I'll probably never be able to get a Bronco anyways), but it's nice to see them actually trying to give people what they want and more options.
I really like all different trim packages they offer and you're able to add the Sasquatch package to all of them, not just the upper ones. It'll be interesting to see them once they're out and real time reviews. I think they really hit the mark this time with the Bronco.

One main drawback with the Sasquatch package is I doubt it's going to fit in the garage. There's no way I can spend money on a new vehicle and leave it outside. :idea: Now I guess I'll be buying a new house too.:curse:

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
One main drawback with the Sasquatch package is I doubt it's going to fit in the garage. There's no way I can spend money on a new vehicle and leave it outside. :idea: Now I guess I'll be buying a new house too.:curse:
Funny, the wife wants a new house and I've been thinking about selling the Ranger and getting an early 90s Bronco instead. I know it won't fit in the current garage.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A few more videos on the new Bronco. The first one is a couple months old and they have now added the manual tranny with the Sasquatch package.

Reactions: FoD
OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just want that square front end on my Ranger, or at least some hood tie downs.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just want that square front end on my Ranger, or at least some hood tie downs.
I just want the Bronco in the video. lol The more I watch these the more I want one. I guess the good thing (for me) is there's a long wait list and by the time the newness calms down they should be readily available and selling at msrp. It'll be a tough decision between this and a Raptor Ranger if there is one. I'm leaning more towards the Raptor as it would be more practical for my needs. Maybe I'll get lucky and hit the lottery. ?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

From my Retiree Newsletter Re Bronco

Answering the Call of Enthusiasts, Bronco Brand Expands Sasquatch Package to Models with 7-Speed Manual Transmission

Sep-21-2020

Email Share

DEARBORN – Listening to reservation-holder feedback, Ford is expanding the availability of its high-performance off-road Sasquatch™ package to all-new Bronco two- and four-door models with a class-first 7-speed manual transmission.
“The Bronco community spoke and we heard them,” said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco consumer marketing manager. “Our team moved quickly to add Sasquatch with a manual transmission – another example of our focus on giving customers the best possible off-road vehicles and accessories that we can.”
The increased availability of the Sasquatch package also makes the Ford Bronco the only 4x4 with a 7-speed manual and 35-inch off-road tires in its class.
Sasquatch plus manual unlocks even more off-road capability
While other brands save their best hardware for premium series models, Bronco is making off-road capability a priority across every two- and four-door trim level with the available Sasquatch package.
Checking the Sasquatch box adds class-first 35-inch Goodyear® mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels, Dana™ front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio, and high-clearance suspension with a nearly two-inch wider track, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks and wider fender flares.
Sasquatch package will be available across the lineup, including Base, Big Bend™, Black Diamond™ Outer Banks™, and Badlands™. It is standard on Bronco Wildtrak™ and First Edition models, while the Badlands™ series with available Sasquatch package and standard semi-active hydraulic front stabilizer bar disconnect results in the ultimate Bronco rock crawler.

“Capability is always a priority, and pairing Sasquatch with a manual transmission and available advanced 4x4 system gives it a maximum crawl ratio of 94.75:1, providing even more off-road capability across the line-up,” said Dave Pericak, Ford icons global director.
The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.
Bronco Build and price goes live in October
As excitement builds around the Bronco brand of rugged SUVs, the Bronco two- and four-door build and price site will go live in October. Enthusiasts will be able to virtually create their ideal models and compare pricing for option groups. Reservation holders can create their dream off-road machine and print and save the information for ordering, which will begin in December.
The all-new two- and four-door Bronco goes on sale next spring. To learn more about Bronco and Bronco Sport, go to Ford.com/Bronco.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Same here! The Bronco was never a consideration but now after watching videos and reading all these articles I'm trying to convince myself I need one. Actually I'm still trying to convince my girlfriend she needs one. lol

I really like all different trim packages they offer and you're able to add the Sasquatch package to all of them, not just the upper ones. It'll be interesting to see them once they're out and real time reviews. I think they really hit the mark this time with the Bronco.

and don't forget the "real" mods - tailgate damper for sure and you know that leads to (probably) $65k for the Bronco up mods, new house and probably new girlfriend after spending $478k on a new car...........:crazy::crackup:

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
Love the look and capability of the Bronco, but even if available there would be good chance we'd end up with Ranger. The bed was a good part of reason we got a truck.

Something else in the mix here is the rumoured Bronco PHEV plugin hybrid. We'd really been waiting for an EV/Plugin-in offroad vehicle but gave up waiting - we want to be able to take our kids out in areas you just can't get without decent offroad capability. Short of the RAV4 Prime which will be nearly impossible to get up here for at least a year and anyway isn't body on frame, and also it's a RAV4 there isn't anything on the horizon. [edit: forgot about the PHEV Wrangler but we drove the current JL when looking at truck and tbh it's just too rough and sketchy on road, there were a lot of other things we didn't like about it.] My hope is that since they've already done most of the engineering for Bronco they put that powertrain in next gen Ranger as well. I would pay full boat for that.

Guess is it would likely ~25 miles with no CO2 emissions (not counting remote emissions but we're on hydro) meaning we'd be on pure electric 80% of time. We have an EV now for our city car and it is awesome, literally haven't had it in the shop since we bought it and obv never been to a gas station.

Plus if they figure out how to fit some of battery inderneath bed section it would get some much needed weight back there. Sweet.

And would be awesome for low impact/noise offroad.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion Dave, you're just holding your place with the reservation, and can order any trim you want then when called. My best laid plans of mice, and men are I hope I can order around the middle of 2022. We like to travel out your way in mid August. We go further north, and want to avoid that white stuff. And, August is a great time. I'm sure Granger will let someone hold their order if they call sooner than you want. I would think if you give up your place in line they could drop you closer to the time you want to order. I communicated with Albert at Granger. He is a super nice helpful guy, and expect he'll work with a person. BTW, I do like the Badlands. I know I don't need all that extra stuff, but I ain't gettin' any younger. So I may just say what the hell, and order it anyway. :)

BTW, the build/price page is suppose (I say suppose) to be up by the middle of the month. But, Ford didn't say what year. :) Ford has had a few false starts with quite a few things concerning the Bronco. The B/P page was to be active mid September, but didn't quite make it.
@wanted33 ...Jim, thought I'd move our posts down here so we didn't go off topic to much in the other thread.

I read through 26 of the 56 pages of the thread so far. I like the idea they will work with you and let you give up your place if it comes up earlier than you'd like. What's also nice is you can change your options up until you have a VIN so if they come out with different packages or colors you're able to make changes. Like you I wouldn't want it until mid '22 and it would be a nice drive back with a few stops along the way making a vacation out of it. Would be fun if it worked out we picked them up at the same time and made a road trip out of it. ?

I was looking at the Outer Banks too but I do like to standard options that come with the Badlands which isn't all that much more for what you're getting. I'd want the Lux package too and that should cover everything that's on my Ranger now and then some.

I think I'm just going to put a deposit down, it's only $100.00 and refundable. I'll have almost 2 years to see what the new Ranger looks like and by then the Bronco will be out for a while where I can test drive it and read the realtime reviews. Oh, and more time to convince her she needs it. lol
Sponsored