Anyone in the market for a Bronco Wildtrak?

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Saw this at the local subie dealership when getting my wife's car serviced.

1653000368800.png

750mi on the odo. Might as well be "new" right? My Ranger had more than that when I bought it, and it was "new".
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nice Bronco but not worth $74K. It'll be interesting to see how long it sits there now with higher interest rates and a bleak economy. I wish Ford stuck to their word when they said they were going to crack down on dealers adding huge "market adjustments" to them.

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
Nice Bronco but not worth $74K. It'll be interesting to see how long it sits there now with higher interest rates and a bleak economy. I wish Ford stuck to their word when they said they were going to crack down on dealers adding huge "market adjustments" to them.
One, the Bronco sells like crazy so that one will probably roll out immediately and second even if Ford did have any say in dealer pricing, isn't that a "used" one for sale at a non-Ford dealer? Their gonna ask what the market is willing to pay or darn close.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
One, the Bronco sells like crazy so that one will probably roll out immediately and second even if Ford did have any say in dealer pricing, isn't that a "used" one for sale at a non-Ford dealer? Their gonna ask what the market is willing to pay or darn close.
True that it's used and Ford has no say about this one. I was mainly commenting on all the others that have been hit with huge ADM's. Also I see a lot more Broncos sitting that are overpriced now. I've been tracking 26 of them online and they've been there for sale for several weeks now. The only ones that have sold are the ones selling at msrp. It might be different in CA where most thins are overpriced but these are all scattered throughout the country ( I set the miles parameter to any) and they're still not sold.

Reactions: Doc

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
It'll sell within a week. Saw one locally on a used car lot sell for 75k a few weeks ago. It was a 2 door as well.

OP
OP
mtbikernate

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I have a feeling a bunch of car dealers are gonna get taken to the cleaners.

This lot had a LOT of used cars on it, and not many new ones. Dealers were giving people a bunch of money for their vehicles because demand was up (and supply of new vehicles has been tight). Now a lot of people cashed out, dealers have lots of expensive pre-owned inventory on the lot, and interest rates are going up.

The price correction on used vehicles is going to hit hard when it does, whether this particular Bronco is part of it or not.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have a feeling a bunch of car dealers are gonna get taken to the cleaners.

This lot had a LOT of used cars on it, and not many new ones. Dealers were giving people a bunch of money for their vehicles because demand was up (and supply of new vehicles has been tight). Now a lot of people cashed out, dealers have lots of expensive pre-owned inventory on the lot, and interest rates are going up.

The price correction on used vehicles is going to hit hard when it does, whether this particular Bronco is part of it or not.
You hit the nail on the head! There's been several articles and Youtube videos on this lately that the used vehicle market is starting to cool off. Carvana just had to layoff 2,500 workers and I noticed their offers are coming in MUCH lower now. I'm not saying someone won't scoop this one up but I don't think people are lining up to pay crazy markups like they were 6 months ago for a Bronco. The economic outlook is not that great and I think by fall you'll see even more customer orders not being taken and Broncos selling for msrp.

OP
OP
mtbikernate

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
You hit the nail on the head! There's been several articles and Youtube videos on this lately that the used vehicle market is starting to cool off. Carvana just had to layoff 2,500 workers and I noticed their offers are coming in MUCH lower now. I'm not saying someone won't scoop this one up but I don't think people are lining up to pay crazy markups like they were 6 months ago for a Bronco. The economic outlook is not that great and I think by fall you'll see even more customer orders not being taken and Broncos selling for msrp.
the more I think about how things have been fluctuating in the past couple years, I think I bought my Ranger at just about the right time. Crazy deals and incentives early during covid when everyone was locked up and not spending any money. Now I can just ride out the fluctuations to come.

My wife was itching to replace her subaru last yr and I worked hard to put the brakes on that. Peak markups and low inventory levels at that time and I convinced her it was a better idea to wait. Might be a marginally better time to buy right now from a price and availability standpoint, but no 0% interest deals to be had like I got, and big dealer markups certainly aren't gone. If you don't need to buy a car to replace something that's dead, might as well just wait it out. And be willing to spend a little more on maintenance and/or mods in the meantime.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
the more I think about how things have been fluctuating in the past couple years, I think I bought my Ranger at just about the right time. Crazy deals and incentives early during covid when everyone was locked up and not spending any money. Now I can just ride out the fluctuations to come.

My wife was itching to replace her subaru last yr and I worked hard to put the brakes on that. Peak markups and low inventory levels at that time and I convinced her it was a better idea to wait. Might be a marginally better time to buy right now from a price and availability standpoint, but no 0% interest deals to be had like I got, and big dealer markups certainly aren't gone.

If you don't need to buy a car to replace something that's dead, might as well just wait it out. And be willing to spend a little more on maintenance and/or mods in the meantime.
This is why I just put new Eibachs (front & rear) on mine and bought an extended warranty. I usually keep my trucks 3 years but right now with the way things are and the next Gen Ranger about to launch I'll keep mine another 2-3 years. Hopefully by then things will be getting better and the new Gen will have already been out for a year to get the bugs worked out.

I'll most likely put in a reservation as soon as they're available because with all the delays it could be a year or two before it's built anyways. Seeing what's going on now makes me feel even better about selling my Jeep a couple weeks ago for top dollar.

Good call on holding off on your wife's vehicle. As long as it's in good shape it makes more sense to keep it now and you already know it's condition and anything that was replaced/fixed. Ride it out and hopefully better times are ahead. ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

My wife was itching to replace her subaru last yr and I worked hard to put the brakes on that. Peak markups and low inventory levels at that time and I convinced her it was a better idea to wait. Might be a marginally better time to buy right now from a price and availability standpoint, but no 0% interest deals to be had like I got, and big dealer markups certainly aren't gone. If you don't need to buy a car to replace something that's dead, might as well just wait it out. And be willing to spend a little more on maintenance and/or mods in the meantime.
Completely agreed.

I shopped midsized trucks heavily in May of '20. Being a bit of a Ford guy I settled in on the Ranger but pumped my brakes when I landed a Bronco reservation on day 2. Over the next 5 months my wife got so sick of hearing all the Bronco bullshit and told me to just go get something I could drive off the lot.

I still got in on a great deal. Well below Xplan pricing and 0% in early Dec of 2020, so I can't complain. But had I bought in May, that would've been ideal.

I'm pretty sure my next new vehicle purchase will have to be ordered. As such I'll be sure to plan early. But I've been saying for the last year that I wouldn't buy a car unless I absolutely had to right now.

Dave got lucky. His timing was impeccable. It'd be interesting to see how many Wranglers he can order and sell before he gets his Bronco. And also how much money he could make doing so.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Amen. ??Sad they didn’t keep their word but most of their “words” lately have been unwillingly helpful.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I just sold my used Jaguar XF yesterday, and the Vroom offer was 10% lower than KBB offer. Carvana was 20% lower than KBB offer.

Guess which one I went with :LOL:

OP
OP
mtbikernate

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I still got in on a great deal. Well below Xplan pricing and 0% in early Dec of 2020, so I can't complain. But had I bought in May, that would've been ideal.
Locally, deals like that dried up in summer 2020. I got my late 2019 Ranger in April 2020. 0% and around 8k off of MSRP, so not too different from you.

I threw in an extended warranty as well as an extended service plan (I forget how many years I get my oil changes covered now with the included plus extended plan I bought) and the Auto Butler detailing service. dealership still made money on me, but on the other hand, I already have a tendency to keep my vehicles for a decade or more and I find value in knowing that those things are already paid for, and that I just have to show up. I had my previous Honda Fit for 13yrs. Wife's Subie is 9yrs old this year. I buy 'em, pay them off, and then drive them for several years after that.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Completely agreed.

I shopped midsized trucks heavily in May of '20. Being a bit of a Ford guy I settled in on the Ranger but pumped my brakes when I landed a Bronco reservation on day 2. Over the next 5 months my wife got so sick of hearing all the Bronco bullshit and told me to just go get something I could drive off the lot.

I'm pretty sure my next new vehicle purchase will have to be ordered. As such I'll be sure to plan early. But I've been saying for the last year that I wouldn't buy a car unless I absolutely had to right now.

Dave got lucky. His timing was impeccable. It'd be interesting to see how many Wranglers he can order and sell before he gets his Bronco. And also how much money he could make doing so.
Trust me I thought about it. lol But with the market changing, higher interest rates and the way the economy is heading I'm not that much of a gambling man right now. If it were this time last year (or earlier) I'd probably order two more and flip them. ?

Funny because your day two reservation would most likely be getting built now. My friends wife has a day two res for a fully loaded Badlands with SAS and it's getting built next Thursday. She got bumped form her original 5/16 date but this one looks like it'll happen finally. There's also been several loaded ones rolling into the dealer where he bought his and on B6G. Pretty darn pathetic it took 22 months to build it while others walked into their dealer back in January this year, ordered one and are already driving it. One I saw was a Wildtrak too not a Base or Big Bend. :facepalm:
Sponsored