First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim, Yes the link works....I didn't realize the build link would save so I added mine below.

The Ford site is a mess! You're supposed to be able to add the manual tranny to the Sasquatch package but you can't. It says you can not add rock rails to vehicles equipped with running boards but you can and there was something else but I can't remember now.

Some of the packages and options are really overpriced, $1,800 for a 40" light bar?. I'm not impressed with the leather on my Lariat and don't think it's worth $2,200.00 extra. I wanted the Lux package but opted for the High package because that would put me over $50K. I really only care about the the B&O stereo and can live without the others. I started to play around building a OBX and a Black Diamond but it was late and I'll do it today. For the money I like the Black Diamond but you can't get the High Package with it. :facepalm:

Edit: I just noticed on your build you didn't add the auxiliary switches. It's not a bad price for $195.00 and you might want to consider them if you're going to add lights someday.

It's a good thing we have 2 years because I really want to see and drive one. For this price it better blow my socks off. lol Plus by next year maybe we'll get a hint if a new Ranger Raptor is coming?

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/exterior/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|333A.E5C..SB..881.RET.44T.]
Yeah, I had a little problem with the site myself. I'm hoping some of the things it's doing are just glitches, and Ford will get the options all synced up soon. I looked at the switches, and at that price you're right, why not add them just in case. I was finally able to get the page to load up a picture of the leather interior along with the cloth. The wife, and I decided we liked the look of the cloth better so leather is out. We both agreed that with that saved money we'll get an aftermarket set of wheels, because neither of us are really liking the oem set. Thank goodness we've got at least 18 months before we have to make the final decision. Also, I read somewhere (there's so much info out there I can't remember where) that Ford was planning to send a 2 door, and 4 door (that can't be sold) to dealers sometime along the line. I'm hoping all dealer will have those for folks to actually touch, and look at before we order. I'm leery of ordering anything I haven't actually seen in person. BTW, I would much rather have a 2 door like you, but we need the extra doors and space for people, and stuff. :)

Oh, and I expected Ford to have things like light bars at stupid prices. I've special ordered several new ones, and they always manage to do that. I don't think they realize there's an aftermarket out there, or they're hoping many consumers don't know there is an aftermarket out there.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Also, I read somewhere (there's so much info out there I can't remember where) that Ford was planning to send a 2 door, and 4 door (that can't be sold) to dealers sometime along the line. I'm hoping all dealer will have those for folks to actually touch, and look at before we order
I find it hard to believe ford would send 6000 non-salable broncos out anywhere near the start of production. I could see them sending out a few on tour early, rotating from dealer to dealer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, I had a little problem with the site myself. I'm hoping some of the things it's doing are just glitches, and Ford will get the options all synced up soon. I looked at the switches, and at that price you're right, why not add them just in case. I was finally able to get the page to load up a picture of the leather interior along with the cloth. The wife, and I decided we liked the look of the cloth better so leather is out. We both agreed that with that saved money we'll get an aftermarket set of wheels, because neither of us are really liking the oem set. Thank goodness we've got at least 18 months before we have to make the final decision. Also, I read somewhere (there's so much info out there I can't remember where) that Ford was planning to send a 2 door, and 4 door (that can't be sold) to dealers sometime along the line. I'm hoping all dealer will have those for folks to actually touch, and look at before we order. I'm leery of ordering anything I haven't actually seen in person. BTW, I would much rather have a 2 door like you, but we need the extra doors and space for people, and stuff. :)

Oh, and I expected Ford to have things like light bars at stupid prices. I've special ordered several new ones, and they always manage to do that. I don't think they realize there's an aftermarket out there, or they're hoping many consumers don't know there is an aftermarket out there.
I was trying to read through some of the posts on the Bronco 6G forum this morning. There are a lot of unhappy people right now! Between the quirky site and the higher than expected prices there are a lot saying they're not going to buy or buy a lower than planned model.

I'v priced out all of them and I can't tell if it's another mistake by Ford but on the Black Diamond and the Big Bend when you add the Mid package you get the auto tranny for free? I hope this sin't a mistake because I might go with the BD if this stays true. Although the OBX is defiantly on my list too. The only thing I don't care for are the 18" wheels with no other option than to upgrade to the $5,000.00 Sasquatch.

If I get stuck with the cloth interior I'll just add Katskins or something similar to protect them from the dust and dirt. The 4dr is defiantly more convenient for passengers but I like the look of the 2dr and it's cheaper. :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I was trying to read through some of the posts on the Bronco 6G forum this morning. There are a lot of unhappy people right now! Between the quirky site and the higher than expected prices there are a lot saying they're not going to buy or buy a lower than planned model.

I'v priced out all of them and I can't tell if it's another mistake by Ford but on the Black Diamond and the Big Bend when you add the Mid package you get the auto tranny for free? I hope this sin't a mistake because I might go with the BD if this stays true. Although the OBX is defiantly on my list too. The only thing I don't care for are the 18" wheels with no other option than to upgrade to the $5,000.00 Sasquatch.

If I get stuck with the cloth interior I'll just add Katskins or something similar to protect them from the dust and dirt. The 4dr is defiantly more convenient for passengers but I like the look of the 2dr and it's cheaper. :)
I think one problem with many of these folks is they have never looked into a vehicle like the Bronco. Or, they're just whiny, who knows. Just for giggles I built a BD also, and saw there was no charge for the 10 spd when I opted for the 2.7. It just doesn't seem right to me, but one can hope. I've began to wonder how Ford could be off on so much as they've been working on the Bronco for years. That may be one reason the old CEO got the boot. I had also thought about Katzins for the OBX. Had some in a 2011 XLT. It looked great, held up well, and was cheaper. But, I do like the looks of the cloth. If I ever get to see one I may change my mind though. I'm like an old woman that way. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think one problem with many of these folks is they have never looked into a vehicle like the Bronco. Or, they're just whiny, who knows. Just for giggles I built a BD also, and saw there was no charge for the 10 spd when I opted for the 2.7. It just doesn't seem right to me, but one can hope. I've began to wonder how Ford could be off on so much as they've been working on the Bronco for years. That may be one reason the old CEO got the boot. I had also thought about Katzins for the OBX. Had some in a 2011 XLT. It looked great, held up well, and was cheaper. But, I do like the looks of the cloth. If I ever get to see one I may change my mind though. I'm like an old woman that way. :)
So just for the heck of it I changed out the engine on the BL for the 2.7L and the price only went up $300.00. In my original build I added the 10 speed tranny (MT is standard) and that raised it $1,595 but adding the 2.7L adds $1895.00 but says the 10 speed is $0. If this is correct I'll spend the extra $300.00 for the 2.7L. This will be a beast with the Livernois tune. Like you this is likely to change as they add colors and options over the next 2 years.

Question....With the deal from Granger being $2,000 off invoice? I'm assuming that seeing as the build price is msrp and the BL is coming out to $48,870.00,Granger's price should be lower than $46,870.00 because it's going off their invoice not msrp? I was just hoping to keep it at or below $45,000 without going down in models. But then again that BD looks good too! To many choices. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
So just for the heck of it I changed out the engine on the BL for the 2.7L and the price only went up $300.00. In my original build I added the 10 speed tranny (MT is standard) and that raised it $1,595 but adding the 2.7L adds $1895.00 but says the 10 speed is $0. If this is correct I'll spend the extra $300.00 for the 2.7L. This will be a beast with the Livernois tune. Like you this is likely to change as they add colors and options over the next 2 years.

Question....With the deal from Granger being $2,000 off invoice? I'm assuming that seeing as the build price is msrp and the BL is coming out to $48,870.00,Granger's price should be lower than $46,870.00 because it's going off their invoice not msrp? I was just hoping to keep it at or below $45,000 without going down in models. But then again that BD looks good too! To many choices. ?
You are correct, there's a spread sheet somewhere on here than gives a rough estimate of the total discount for the trim levels w/o options. It would be roughly around 3,400 for the BL if I remember correctly. And Per Granger, the options are discounted at the same percentage, but I can't remember the equation. Like you I was shooting for around 45K with the discounts. I'm certainly hoping that Ford doesn't change the prices, but things like the engine/tranny pricing have me puzzled. I noticed the same thing when adding those that didn't make sense. But, there are so many different ways to build the Bronco it could be right. I'm hoping it is for the sake of my wallet.

BTW, one of the reasons I was thinking the 2.7L is the mpgs I was getting with a previous 2011 F-150 with the 3.7L 6 banger. The engine itself was tough as nails, but with the weight of the truck it needed more right pedal to keep it going thus hurting the gas mileage. It never got close to the ratings. My next F-150 had the 5.0L, and actually got better mileage as it didn't need as much go juice to get/keep it moving. I'm sure the 2.3L in the Bronco will do fine, but I was thinking I my be in the same situation as before. As far as I can see the Bronco 4 door will come in roughly at around 800 more than the Ranger.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You are correct, there's a spread sheet somewhere on here than gives a rough estimate of the total discount for the trim levels w/o options. It would be roughly around 3,400 for the BL if I remember correctly. And Per Granger, the options are discounted at the same percentage, but I can't remember the equation. Like you I was shooting for around 45K with the discounts. I'm certainly hoping that Ford doesn't change the prices, but things like the engine/tranny pricing have me puzzled. I noticed the same thing when adding those that didn't make sense. But, there are so many different ways to build the Bronco it could be right. I'm hoping it is for the sake of my wallet.

BTW, one of the reasons I was thinking the 2.7L is the mpgs I was getting with a previous 2011 F-150 with the 3.7L 6 banger. The engine itself was tough as nails, but with the weight of the truck it needed more right pedal to keep it going thus hurting the gas mileage. It never got close to the ratings. My next F-150 had the 5.0L, and actually got better mileage as it didn't need as much go juice to get/keep it moving. I'm sure the 2.3L in the Bronco will do fine, but I was thinking I my be in the same situation as before. As far as I can see the Bronco 4 door will come in roughly at around 800 more than the Ranger.
Thanks Jim! I do remember seeing that spreadsheet too but can't remember where. The $3,400 sounds about right so it would come in right as expected if this holds true.

The $300 tranny grease now has others questioning it too. I posted it on the Bronco site and others didn't realize it either. If you add the Mid package to the BB it adds the 10 speed for free. It looks like the Mid has remote start and you need the auto trans for that but I can't see them giving you a $1,600 tranny free with a $1,500 options package? :crazy:

I was looking at the weight and the 2dr looks almost identical to the Ranger. Even with the added weight for the 4dr I don't think that 800 lbs will make that much difference. The F 150 is so much larger and heavier I can see where the 5.0 was better. Plus if the free 2.7 upgrade is to good to be true I will go back to the 2.3 and just tune it. It's only $500 compared to $1,800 for the 2.7 and you'll be at roughly the same hp and torque with $1,300 saved. :)

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at the weight and the 2dr looks almost identical to the Ranger. Even with the added weight for the 4dr I don't think that 800 lbs will make that much difference. The F 150 is so much larger and heavier I can see where the 5.0 was better.
The F150 weighs basically the same as the ranger, depending on trim--the biggest single difference is that the big engines weigh a ton.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks Jim! I do remember seeing that spreadsheet too but can't remember where. The $3,400 sounds about right so it would come in right as expected if this holds true.

The $300 tranny grease now has others questioning it too. I posted it on the Bronco site and others didn't realize it either. If you add the Mid package to the BB it adds the 10 speed for free. It looks like the Mid has remote start and you need the auto trans for that but I can't see them giving you a $1,600 tranny free with a $1,500 options package? :crazy:

I was looking at the weight and the 2dr looks almost identical to the Ranger. Even with the added weight for the 4dr I don't think that 800 lbs will make that much difference. The F 150 is so much larger and heavier I can see where the 5.0 was better. Plus if the free 2.7 upgrade is to good to be true I will go back to the 2.3 and just tune it. It's only $500 compared to $1,800 for the 2.7 and you'll be at roughly the same hp and torque with $1,300 saved. :)

So many decisions, so little time. lol I'm sure my build will change a number of times, but if history tells anything I'll go right back to the original build. But, it will be fun. Let me know which trim you settle on my friend. I think I have at least settled on the OBX in Race Red. But...........

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The F150 weighs basically the same as the ranger, depending on trim--the biggest single difference is that the big engines weigh a ton.
IDK brother, My '13 F-150 Platinum came in at 5K, and some change. But it had everything sans a sun roof.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So many decisions, so little time. lol I'm sure my build will change a number of times, but if history tells anything I'll go right back to the original build. But, it will be fun. Let me know which trim you settle on my friend. I think I have at least settled on the OBX in Race Red. But...........
I built every model yesterday just to make a good comparison and to satisfy my OCD. The BL was my original which most likely will be the one but the BD is still a close second. I just wish the BD had the High package available. Although the OBX is still in the running too but I need to see the painted fenders in person.

As far as colors I really need to see these in person. 1st choice is Cyber Orange,2nd is Rapid Red and 3rd is Carbonized Gray. But all bets are off if the MY22's have different colors and options. ?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IDK brother, My '13 F-150 Platinum came in at 5K, and some change. But it had everything sans a sun roof.
That's from before ford spent a ton of money making them lighter. Current f150 supercrew platinum is 4913 pounds, ranger lariat supercrew is 4441 pounds. The difference in weight between the 2.3 and the 2.7/3.5 is right about 200 pounds by itself. So yeah, it's a little heavier, but not as much as people tend to think.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That's from before ford spent a ton of money making them lighter. Current f150 supercrew platinum is 4913 pounds, ranger lariat supercrew is 4441 pounds. The difference in weight between the 2.3 and the 2.7/3.5 is right about 200 pounds by itself. So yeah, it's a little heavier, but not as much as people tend to think.
I'd completely forget about the new ones being made of aluminum Mike. I'm a gettin' old don'tcha know. :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave