First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
@wanted33 ...Jim, thought I'd move our posts down here so we didn't go off topic to much in the other thread.

I read through 26 of the 56 pages of the thread so far. I like the idea they will work with you and let you give up your place if it comes up earlier than you'd like. What's also nice is you can change your options up until you have a VIN so if they come out with different packages or colors you're able to make changes. Like you I wouldn't want it until mid '22 and it would be a nice drive back with a few stops along the way making a vacation out of it. Would be fun if it worked out we picked them up at the same time and made a road trip out of it. ?

I was looking at the Outer Banks too but I do like to standard options that come with the Badlands which isn't all that much more for what you're getting. I'd want the Lux package too and that should cover everything that's on my Ranger now and then some.

I think I'm just going to put a deposit down, it's only $100.00 and refundable. I'll have almost 2 years to see what the new Ranger looks like and by then the Bronco will be out for a while where I can test drive it and read the realtime reviews. Oh, and more time to convince her she needs it. lol
@AzScorpion, Good idea on moving the post brother. I thought the same thing about the arrival date. It would make a great meet up. Like you I'm happy with the timeline. I also wanted to least see the Bronco in person so I can make some educated decisions on what I really want. The way we do our road trips it'll take us 3 days to get to Iowa I'm sure. The wife, and I pick the direction. Then I plot the route, and she picks out sites to see along the way. Works out great for us. We've seen Harley's, Camry's, and Subaru's being build. We seen potato chips being made, and Corvette's drive off the assembly line. We've driven the back roads of Montana, and the Dakota's, seen the Badlands, and visited Sheriff Seth's Bullocks grave in Deadwood (being an old LEO that gave me some reverence to those that came before). We've seen a palace made of corn, and listened to the Turtle's doing their sounds checks (only old folks like me remember the Turtle's). And, we've made new friends all along the way. It's a beautiful, and amazing country we live in.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion, Good idea on moving the post brother. I thought the same thing about the arrival date. It would make a great meet up. Like you I'm happy with the timeline. I also wanted to least see the Bronco in person so I can make some educated decisions on what I really want. The way we do our road trips it'll take us 3 days to get to Iowa I'm sure. The wife, and I pick the direction. Then I plot the route, and she picks out sites to see along the way. Works out great for us. We've seen Harley's, Camry's, and Subaru's being build. We seen potato chips being made, and Corvette's drive off the assembly line. We've driven the back roads of Montana, and the Dakota's, seen the Badlands, and visited Sheriff Seth's Bullocks grave in Deadwood (being an old LEO that gave me some reverence to those that came before). We've seen a palace made of corn, and listened to the Turtle's doing their sounds checks (only old folks like me remember the Turtle's). And, we've made new friends all along the way. It's a beautiful, and amazing country we live in.
Hi Jim, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Bronco in person and the different models and colors. If I decide to go through with it (I'm sure I'll want it more once I see it) we're going to try and do the same as you and take 3-4 weeks and drive back and see some of the west. Would like to go through S Dakota stopping at Mt Rushmore the over to Yellowstone then back down through Utah.

But if things worked out to where we're both able to get them at the same time we're open to going anywhere as we've never traveled the west. There's so much to do and see out here and now that I'm living out here we want to see all we can.

So once you reserve it you just have to join the forum and PM Granger Ford for the additions $1000.00 off correct? Do they send you anything to confirm this? Man I know I'm going to end up with 2 vehicles because I love my Ranger and I want this one too. But I'm hoping to be close to retiring then so if I can't talk my g/f into buying one then I'll just have to get it for my retirement gift. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Hi Jim, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Bronco in person and the different models and colors. If I decide to go through with it (I'm sure I'll want it more once I see it) we're going to try and do the same as you and take 3-4 weeks and drive back and see some of the west. Would like to go through S Dakota stopping at Mt Rushmore the over to Yellowstone then back down through Utah.

But if things worked out to where we're both able to get them at the same time we're open to going anywhere as we've never traveled the west. There's so much to do and see out here and now that I'm living out here we want to see all we can.

So once you reserve it you just have to join the forum and PM Granger Ford for the additions $1000.00 off correct? Do they send you anything to confirm this? Man I know I'm going to end up with 2 vehicles because I love my Ranger and I want this one too. But I'm hoping to be close to retiring then so if I can't talk my g/f into buying one then I'll just have to get it for my retirement gift. ?
@AzScorpion Dave, join the forum first. Then click on the link provided by Granger in the link I sent you. Reserve your Bronco in the month of October, then PM Granger sending him (Albert) your user name and reservation number to let them know you have reserved with them. Albert (who's coordinating the sales for Granger) will tag your reservation for the 2K off invoice, and let you know it's done. The link shows only 1K off, but Albert will tag your reservation so you get the 2K. He's a great guy, and does his job well.

BTW, retirement is a wonderful thing. Show me a man that doesn't like retirement, and I'll show you a man that isn't doing it right. :) We have been the route you're planning, and I know you will enjoy the journey. Rushmore was on my list of things to see, and it didn't disappoint. Yellowstone is as beautiful as you can imagine. Utah is some beautiful country to see. I wanted to get out to the salt flats, but that will be on one of our future trips. One more I suggest if you have the chance is the Grand Canyon. Take the train from Williams up, and make a day of it. When I walked up to the rim all I could say was "wow". I was speechless, and the wife will tell you that's nearly impossible. We were lucky, and the Condor's were flying while we were there, we just sat there watching them for nearly an hour. Then when you return in the afternoon stop at Rod's Steak House (in Williams) for a damn fine steak. While you're in that area, if you like, take Route 66 from Ashfork, AZ just west of Flagstaff to Kingman and over to Oatman. That's is one of the best sections of Route 66 left. Crap, I could talk all day about the journey's we've been on out your way.

BTW, 2 vehicle's is easy. Heck, I've got 5, and there's just the two of us. Along with the Ranger I've ordered (a mans gotta have a truck) I've got the Jeep that the Bronco will replace, and the wife's Mustang. Then in my detached garage I've got my Corvette, and my Dad's old '67 Camaro. The wife knew I was a car nut when she married me, and is quite the good sport about my craziness. :)

Have a blessed day my friend.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion Dave, join the forum first. Then click on the link provided by Granger in the link I sent you. Reserve your Bronco in the month of October, then PM Granger sending him (Albert) your user name and reservation number to let them know you have reserved with them. Albert (who's coordinating the sales for Granger) will tag your reservation for the 2K off invoice, and let you know it's done. The link shows only 1K off, but Albert will tag your reservation so you get the 2K. He's a great guy, and does his job well.

BTW, retirement is a wonderful thing. Show me a man that doesn't like retirement, and I'll show you a man that isn't doing it right. :) We have been the route you're planning, and I know you will enjoy the journey. Rushmore was on my list of things to see, and it didn't disappoint. Yellowstone is as beautiful as you can imagine. Utah is some beautiful country to see. I wanted to get out to the salt flats, but that will be on one of our future trips. One more I suggest if you have the chance is the Grand Canyon. Take the train from Williams up, and make a day of it. When I walked up to the rim all I could say was "wow". I was speechless, and the wife will tell you that's nearly impossible. We were lucky, and the Condor's were flying while we were there, we just sat there watching them for nearly an hour. Then when you return in the afternoon stop at Rod's Steak House (in Williams) for a damn fine steak. While you're in that area, if you like, take Route 66 from Ashfork, AZ just west of Flagstaff to Kingman and over to Oatman. That's is one of the best sections of Route 66 left. Crap, I could talk all day about the journey's we've been on out your way.

BTW, 2 vehicle's is easy. Heck, I've got 5, and there's just the two of us. Along with the Ranger I've ordered (a mans gotta have a truck) I've got the Jeep that the Bronco will replace, and the wife's Mustang. Then in my detached garage I've got my Corvette, and my Dad's old '67 Camaro. The wife knew I was a car nut when she married me, and is quite the good sport about my craziness. :)

Have a blessed day my friend.
Jim, thanks for all the info. I'm going to reserve it on Monday. I'm going to contact my dealer where I bought my Ranger and have them contact me when they get a Bronco in so I can check it out.

We're heading to southern Utah tomorrow and going to stay at the entrance of Zion. Will be going to Bryce and then out to a few other state parks and off roading trials while out there. I've been out to the Grand Canyon 3 times and we did the Williams train ride last July. It was a great day and met some fun people on the train. No matter how many times I see the GC it still amazes me every time. Every rim has its own beauty and color. We haven't done the Route 66 from Ashfork to Kingman yet but it's on our list. We might come back from Utah through Las Vegas way and stay there for a few days then head home through Kingman.

Not that I don't want 2 vehicles (or more) but insurance and registration are ridiculously high here. We have a vehicle tax based on the value, this year my Ranger alone was $602.35 and insurance was $1,335.00. :facepalm: So while I do like living out here and other things are cheaper, owning nice vehicles is costly and takes a huge bite out of your retirement savings. We're looking into a few other areas for a future move but I will be here for at least four more years.. It's hard to plan anything as things seem to change so fast now. What was once a nice area and low COL seems to change overnight now. For now we can look at pictures and videos and drool over our future toys.?

Have a great weekend brother.

IMG_4945.JPG

IMG_4942.JPG

IMG_4950.JPG

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim, thanks for all the info. I'm going to reserve it on Monday. I'm going to contact my dealer where I bought my Ranger and have them contact me when they get a Bronco in so I can check it out.

We're heading to southern Utah tomorrow and going to stay at the entrance of Zion. Will be going to Bryce and then out to a few other state parks and off roading trials while out there. I've been out to the Grand Canyon 3 times and we did the Williams train ride last July. It was a great day and met some fun people on the train. No matter how many times I see the GC it still amazes me every time. Every rim has its own beauty and color. We haven't done the Route 66 from Ashfork to Kingman yet but it's on our list. We might come back from Utah through Las Vegas way and stay there for a few days then head home through Kingman.

Not that I don't want 2 vehicles (or more) but insurance and registration are ridiculously high here. We have a vehicle tax based on the value, this year my Ranger alone was $602.35 and insurance was $1,335.00. :facepalm: So while I do like living out here and other things are cheaper, owning nice vehicles is costly and takes a huge bite out of your retirement savings. We're looking into a few other areas for a future move but I will be here for at least four more years.. It's hard to plan anything as things seem to change so fast now. What was once a nice area and low COL seems to change overnight now. For now we can look at pictures and videos and drool over our future toys.?

IMG_4945.JPG

IMG_4942.JPG

IMG_4950.JPG
Sounds like a nice trip tomorrow. Enjoy, and be safe my friend. Like AZ, North Carolina seems to change things faster than I do my underwear. Our Governor is an idiot, and that's the only thing that doesn't change. :)

Take a bunch of pics on your trip, and post some up when you return. We have a National Parks pass. Bryce, and Zion along with Monument Valley is on our list. We haven't set up our '21 road trip yet, and may be able to mark them off.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@wanted33 Hi Jim, Just got done reserving my Bronco. I was going to do it yesterday but then realized it was the 13th and figured I'd better play it safe and not curse myself. ? Now just waiting for Albert to send a confirmation and the wait begin. I really don't mind the waiting as I really want to see one in person and hopefully get to test drive one. I might not even like it but that's highly unlikely. What interesting is my reservation number is lower than some who posted theirs earlier this morning?

Trips going great and UT had some amazing scenery! We're taking a break today and just being lazy around here, otherwise I'll need another vacation to get over this one. Zion is super crowded so we've been going to a few other places which one of the locals suggested which aren't as crowded and still have great sights. I'm just glad it's cooler here (low 80's/40's) and enjoying the fresh air! By the time we get back to AZ the 100's should be gone and looks like our good weather is arriving.

Vehicle: Bronco​
Series: BADLANDS​
Date reservation placed: 10/14/2020​
Reservation ID number: 10486750​
Your Ford Dealer: Granger Motors, Inc.​
Deposit payment value: US$100.00​
Deposit card type: VISA​
Deposit card number (last four digits):​

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Good deal brother. Like you I'm OK with waiting, and really want to see one in person before I make the final decision. Glad to hear the trip is going well. I understand crowded. The last we were out that way we had plans to see Yellowstone again. We had the date set to arrive there for nearly 8 months. Then the problem hit. It was the day of the eclipse, and the news was saying if your going through Yellowstone pack a lunch. They expected an 8 hour trip through the crowds as it was to be a 100% eclipse. So, we just recalculated our route to Greybull, WY. We went west to Laurel, and then south to Greybull. The eclipse wasn't as strong, but it was just me and the wife in the middle of nowhere. We enjoyed the silence, and the spectacle alone. It was great. Post some pics upon your return.

BTW, my res. # is 10484164. I have no idea how they are running their number, but it's hard to believe Granger has had 2586 reservations in 10 days. Heck, if we order in that close a period of time we may just have a little meet up in Iowa. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ok here it is....The Bronco Build and Price. Now to see how much this is going to cost me! :facepalm:

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/model/customize/bigbend
Dave, actually I'm surprised. My OBX build (with the 2.7 & Leather) came in right at my Wranglers list price. They ain't cheap, that's for sure.

Here's my build if it will show up for you. I can't get the price of the leather to add in on the page though. Typical Ford build page, all wonky at times.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/summary/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|314A.E5B..PQ..88R.43L.RET.53Q.99P.]

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, actually I'm surprised. My OBX build (with the 2.7 & Leather) came in right at my Wranglers list price. They ain't cheap, that's for sure.

Here's my build if it will show up for you. I can't get the price of the leather to add in on the page though. Typical Ford build page, all wonky at times.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/summary/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|314A.E5B..PQ..88R.43L.RET.53Q.99P.]
Jim, Yes the link works....I didn't realize the build link would save so I added mine below.

The Ford site is a mess! You're supposed to be able to add the manual tranny to the Sasquatch package but you can't. It says you can not add rock rails to vehicles equipped with running boards but you can and there was something else but I can't remember now.

Some of the packages and options are really overpriced, $1,800 for a 40" light bar?. I'm not impressed with the leather on my Lariat and don't think it's worth $2,200.00 extra. I wanted the Lux package but opted for the High package because that would put me over $50K. I really only care about the the B&O stereo and can live without the others. I started to play around building a OBX and a Black Diamond but it was late and I'll do it today. For the money I like the Black Diamond but you can't get the High Package with it. :facepalm:

Edit: I just noticed on your build you didn't add the auxiliary switches. It's not a bad price for $195.00 and you might want to consider them if you're going to add lights someday.

It's a good thing we have 2 years because I really want to see and drive one. For this price it better blow my socks off. lol Plus by next year maybe we'll get a hint if a new Ranger Raptor is coming?

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/exterior/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|333A.E5C..SB..881.RET.44T.]

Last edited:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired

IMG_4945.JPG

IMG_4942.JPG

IMG_4950.JPG
WoW iconic for real Love the polar express that is always on my tv during the holidays. Just like a little kid hehe. Brother you are having a great trip, Congrats :like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
WoW iconic for real Love the polar express that is always on my tv during the holidays. Just like a little kid hehe. Brother you are having a great trip, Congrats :like:
We did the Polar Express in July 2018 when we were in Flagstaff. It was a fun ride and a great way to see the GC. There's Santas Land they have set up along the way so in the winter the kids think they're at the North Pole. lol There's so much to do out here it makes dealing with the heat a little more tolerable. We're back home now and back to reality. :crazy:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
We did the Polar Express in July 2018 when we were in Flagstaff. It was a fun ride and a great way to see the GC. There's Santas Land they have set up along the way so in the winter the kids think they're at the North Pole. lol There's so much to do out here it makes dealing with the heat a little more tolerable. We're back home now and back to reality. :crazy:
Well you know what they say "Theirs no place like Home" :LOL:
Glad your back home safe and sound or as sound as you can be :crazy:
Sponsored