First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
QuickTrip is expanding it's territory into Colorado. They opened along my commute to work. They are the 4th gas station on the corner. That's right, 4 gas stations on one corner, it's just off the interstate.

Well, this ignited a gas war that I've been taking advantage of for a bit. Filled up this morning and figured I'd share.

20220728_070604.jpg

If anybody needs gas along I-25 in Colorado, exit at highway 119 Longmont/Firestone for a deal.
Tomorrow Premium at that same station should be $3.999/gal. Circle K does a promotion on Thursdays for automatic $0.20/gal on premium.

I just looked on gasbuddy and in Garner, NC premium at Sheets and BJ's is $3.669/gal. I got gas in my area and with premium is $4.419/gal, but I got with Circle K Thursday discount and with Easy Pay discount for only $4.119/gal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Remember a year ago, when gas prices were less than $3 a gallon? Remember a few weeks ago when Biden begged the Saudis to lower their oil prices, and when he got back he had COVID?

Memories.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Tomorrow Premium at that same station should be $3.999/gal. Circle K does a promotion on Thursdays for automatic $0.20/gal on premium.

I just looked on gasbuddy and in Garner, NC premium at Sheets and BJ's is $3.669/gal. I got gas in my area and with premium is $4.419/gal, but I got with Circle K Thursday discount and with Easy Pay discount for only $4.119/gal.
I'll keep that in mind. Does it require some sort of membership, ap, or loyalty card?

In general I refuse to participate in those types of things. I do use my wife's loyalty login at our grocery chain as I mentioned before, but other than that I have a hard time jumping through hoops just so somebody can give me a deal.

Although, with inflation, I'm willing to rethink that opinion.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I'll keep that in mind. Does it require some sort of membership, ap, or loyalty card?

In general I refuse to participate in those types of things. I do use my wife's loyalty login at our grocery chain as I mentioned before, but other than that I have a hard time jumping through hoops just so somebody can give me a deal.

Although, with inflation, I'm willing to rethink that opinion.
The Thursday Premium $0.20/gal deal is automatic for everyone on Thursday. The Easy Pay card just gives an additional $0.10/gal and will stack with the Thursday deal, but does require the Easy Pay linked to bank account, though they are supposed to be releasing a prepaid version of the Easy Pay card that does not require the bank account link.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Bonus, QT sells top tier fuel at cheaper than Shell or Chevron prices.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
The QT here has been the cheapest gas throughout this whole thing. I think it may have gone over $5 for 93 one time. Other than that, it's been in the mid to high $4's. It was $4.15 yesterday.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
The QT here has been the cheapest gas throughout this whole thing. I think it may have gone over $5 for 93 one time. Other than that, it's been in the mid to high $4's. It was $4.15 yesterday.
It was probably them who fired the first shot. Their cheaper price probably led the Phillips 66 to drop theirs and then tit for tat till we are where we are.

That Phillips 66 owner and his family are super into their Dodges. There's a couple of wide body Hellcats and a few lifted Heavy Duty Rams that frequent the store.

I'm off this week, it'll be interesting to see if the war still wages on when I go back Sunday night.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
It was probably them who fired the first shot. Their cheaper price probably led the Phillips 66 to drop theirs and then tit for tat till we are where we are.

That Phillips 66 owner and his family are super into their Dodges. There's a couple of wide body Hellcats and a few lifted Heavy Duty Rams that frequent the store.

I'm off this week, it'll be interesting to see if the war still wages on when I go back Sunday night.
I've never been lucky enough to find two stations doing a price war where gas goes down really low. Everyone else in our area had their premium at low to mid $5's these last couple of months. There are two gas stations right across from this one, one being a truck stop and the other being a local'ish chain (Parker's). The Parker's only has 91 for premium and was over $5. Ridiculous.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I've never been lucky enough to find two stations doing a price war where gas goes down really low. Everyone else in our area had their premium at low to mid $5's these last couple of months. There are two gas stations right across from this one, one being a truck stop and the other being a local'ish chain (Parker's). The Parker's only has 91 for premium and was over $5. Ridiculous.
This is first time I've seen anything like this.

And I couldn't be more thankful for the timing.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
QuickTrip is expanding it's territory into Colorado. They opened along my commute to work. They are the 4th gas station on the corner. That's right, 4 gas stations on one corner, it's just off the interstate.

Well, this ignited a gas war that I've been taking advantage of for a bit. Filled up this morning and figured I'd share.

20220728_070604.jpg

If anybody needs gas along I-25 in Colorado, exit at highway 119 Longmont/Firestone for a deal.
God that must be nice and feel good filling up for less than $70 for our trucks.

Envy you!

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
God that must be nice and feel good filling up for less than $70 for our trucks.

Envy you!
Hopefully the war is in full fledged trench warfare mode when I return to work on Sunday night.

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
Jesus Christ, the 119 QuikTrip is at $3.79? I remember when the Shell on the corner of Wadsworth and Midway in Broomfield was that cheap....... And I thought the $4.50 at the Sam's Club on Grant in Thornton was good.........

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Jesus Christ, the 119 QuikTrip is at $3.79? I remember when the Shell on the corner of Wadsworth and Midway in Broomfield was that cheap....... And I thought the $4.50 at the Sam's Club on Grant in Thornton was good.........
Wads and Midway. I know that intersection well.

Can't remember the name of the Hotel that used to be there but that little hole in the wall was where I spent my first night in Colorado when I moved here in '98 at 21 with two suitcases on a Greyhound.
Sponsored