Anybody Seen Dave?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
It seems Dave left some bread crumbs to follow…

I found this pic Dave posted and zoomed in on that sign, so I called the Westbrook Village Sheriff’s Posse - it’s a private security firm - they remember him and his truck - they have his phone number and will call him - they’ll initiate a wellness check by his local PD if needed.

Yes, I’m certain they thought I was a lunatic. ?
You tha man!!! :like:

OP
OP
FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, that's good point! We should all save this pic and when he starts giving @Tracy Bowman a hard time about her parking, we just repost this at him :LOL:

I guess I shouldn't pick on the sick...then again, it's just Dave, soooo, I'll leave it
Even better would be an annual "Park Off" between them both, somewhere in mid-Texas as a 1/2 way meet up...??

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
1629331257160.png

COVID Sucks!

Get better Dave!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice work!

Creepy. But, nice work.

Glad to hear you're theoretically alright, Dave. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon, your presence is missed.

I also contracted the 'Rona last week, for me it was roughly 72 hrs of symptoms with the last 24 being pretty mild. Hopefully you're on the upswing now!
Glad you’re doing better, D Fresh! :)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This round of delta covid doesnt seem to care if you are vaxed or not. Proper fitting n95 mask hand sanitizer some distance are your best options right now. Step son here is quarrantined with a house mate who is coughing up a lung right now... Lost an uncle mar 2020... Getting past the politics and misinformation ...just do what you feel like will protect yourself the best...the vax side effects knocked me down two days...hate to see what the real thing would do. Wife was at ground zero sars in china... Be careful. Hope those kind souls here who are dealing with it get well soon.
Hope your son’s friend gets well soon.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I'll share a little story from earlier this year.

I was out for dinner with a friend.
We finished and were driving around when she got a text from a mutual friend asking if we had heard from John in awhile.
It dawned on me that I hadn't.
It was Feb 13th. I looked back in Facebook and the last time John commented on one of my posts was Jan17th.
It indeed had been a while and totally out of character. He comments every day unless her was on vacation.
We missed the void obviously. A lot of people did.

We told the mutual friend we would drive there. We were 30 minutes away VS her almost 2hrs.
All of us were understandably worried.

When we got there, there was one light on in the house. Fresh snow from 4 days earlier was still on the ground untouched. Mail box full. No sign of his car in our out of the driveway.
Was looking worse by the minute. None of the neighbors recalled seeing him "in the last week or so"

We knocked on the door. No answer. Couldn't see inside.

Decided on calling the police for a welfare check and they arrived about 30 minutes later and with their own knocking and no answer kicked in the door and found John deceased on the floor near the kitchen.
I knew what was coming next.
the police radioed in the VSA, then the ambulance showed up, fire department showed up. and the whole neighborhood, including his neighbors who should have been concerned as well suddenly took notice.
I called the mutual friend back with the bad news.

Was a sad day. John was a lonely man and liked it that way. But he died alone and no one was there to help him. As his friend and coworker for 12 years, i took it particularly hard because I should have noticed. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome....but at least he wouldn't have been laying there alone and dead for almost a month.

So, hats off to those who took steps after noticing Dave's absence. I have much respect for those who care.
Wow, that’s tough. Sorry for your loss.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

We finished and were driving around when she got a text from a mutual friend asking if we had heard from John in awhile.
It was Feb 13th. I looked back in Facebook and the last time John commented on one of my posts was Jan17th.
It indeed had been a while and totally out of character. He comments every day unless her was on vacation.

We told the mutual friend we would drive there. We were 30 minutes away VS her almost 2hrs.

When we got there, there was one light on in the house. Fresh snow from 4 days earlier was still on the ground untouched. Mail box full. No sign of his car in our out of the driveway.
Was looking worse by the minute. None of the neighbors recalled seeing him "in the last week or so"

Decided on calling the police for a welfare check and they arrived about 30 minutes later and with their own knocking and no answer kicked in the door and found John deceased on the floor near the kitchen.
the police radioed in the VSA, then the ambulance showed up, fire department showed up. and the whole neighborhood, including his neighbors who should have been concerned as well suddenly took notice.

Was a sad day. John was a lonely man and liked it that way. But he died alone and no one was there to help him. As his friend and coworker for 12 years, i took it particularly hard because I should have noticed. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome....but at least he wouldn't have been laying there alone and dead for almost a month.

So, hats off to those who took steps after noticing Dave's absence. I have much respect for those who care.
You have a good heart RP.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin

Sad, and sorry for everyone's loss.

I began to post this earlier, but stopped until we heard more about Dave.

Early this spring my manager didn't show up for work on Monday. We are all working remotely, but he didn't log on and was MIA on phone. Another manager called the cops for a wellness check, and they found him deceased in his back yard.

Though we are all 'internet friends' here, it's nice that it's noticed if we aren't around and people go the extra yard.

OP
OP
FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

I second that, especially to Duke (@DukeCanBuildit ) for finding that picture of the Posse that contacted Dave based on your claims of tailgate damper wellness check, as well as the owner while they're at it!

Double thumbs up!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
To Dave. I feel your pain brother. I been through the Rona myself in June and it was THE closest I ever felt to death, and I've been shot, stabbed, hit by several cars, and fell off a house roof. Hang in there buddy, hopefully it will pass very quickly. Feel better. Lots of folks here in Ranger-land praying for a quick recovery.

This thing is real and it’s nasty.

1629334173559.png
Depending on how many hits by car this cat has about 3 lives left:clap:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I don’t know how I’ve missed all this…I pray that AzScorpion continues to recover. Did not read if his girlfriend is sick as well, but praying for them both. This stuff is bad. I just hate it for folks.?
I’ve been conversing with him this afternoon. He’s going to pull through but it kicked his ass. His GF had minor symptoms for a few days and has been ok ever since. He’s pretty sure he got it on his vacation and 4 days later the boom dropped. He’s resting up and building up his strength again. He’ll be back anytime soon as boredom will kick in if he’s not sleeping ?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sad, and sorry for everyone's loss.

I began to post this earlier, but stopped until we heard more about Dave.

Early this spring my manager didn't show up for work on Monday. We are all working remotely, but he didn't log on and was MIA on phone. Another manager called the cops for a wellness check, and they found him deceased in his back yard.

Though we are all 'internet friends' here, it's nice that it's noticed if we aren't around and people go the extra yard.
So sad.:frown: