First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Dave, without you and damper feuding my life has no meaning. If it will cheer you up and speed your recovery, then I will consider a damper.
Now you done it! He’s going to frame that post‼?

BD00E160-5414-4D47-BAF2-F3D4E50CD6AF.gif
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I second that, especially to Duke (@DukeCanBuildit ) for finding that picture of the Posse that contacted Dave based on your claims of tailgate damper wellness check, as well as the owner while they're at it!

Double thumbs up!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Terry.

I’m not a Forensic Detective but I play one on the ranger5g forum.

Dave, without you and damper feuding my life has no meaning. If it will cheer you up and speed your recovery, then I will consider a damper.
And where the hell have you been Al? I was about ready to swim across the Great Lakes and come looking for you myself!

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
And where the hell have you been Al? I was about ready to swim across Lake Ontario and come looking for you myself!
It has been a crazy busy summer! Three weddings all over the country one of which was my daughter. Just got back from a week of camping in Voyageurs National Park where cellular is almost non-existent. I am considering retiring from retirement!

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
All my prayers and good juju to you Dave. I lost my Dad to Covid a year ago April and have been scared about Covid ever since. I should have gotten it and surly my Mom as she was around him 24/7 but we didn't. The good lord is looking after me.

OP
OP
FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
1629342379033.png

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
HA! I'm vax'd but keep my head down when going out. All the peeps without masks, I don't trust them so I keep my distance. This isn't political so please get vax'd if you aren't, it doesn't seem important, until it is.
Same here Tom. We've been jabbed, but still try to be cautious. I'm not getting any younger, and I don't spring back like I used too. :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I'll share a little story from earlier this year.

I was out for dinner with a friend.
We finished and were driving around when she got a text from a mutual friend asking if we had heard from John in awhile.
It dawned on me that I hadn't.
It was Feb 13th. I looked back in Facebook and the last time John commented on one of my posts was Jan17th.
It indeed had been a while and totally out of character. He comments every day unless her was on vacation.
We missed the void obviously. A lot of people did.

We told the mutual friend we would drive there. We were 30 minutes away VS her almost 2hrs.
All of us were understandably worried.

When we got there, there was one light on in the house. Fresh snow from 4 days earlier was still on the ground untouched. Mail box full. No sign of his car in our out of the driveway.
Was looking worse by the minute. None of the neighbors recalled seeing him "in the last week or so"

We knocked on the door. No answer. Couldn't see inside.

Decided on calling the police for a welfare check and they arrived about 30 minutes later and with their own knocking and no answer kicked in the door and found John deceased on the floor near the kitchen.
I knew what was coming next.
the police radioed in the VSA, then the ambulance showed up, fire department showed up. and the whole neighborhood, including his neighbors who should have been concerned as well suddenly took notice.
I called the mutual friend back with the bad news.

Was a sad day. John was a lonely man and liked it that way. But he died alone and no one was there to help him. As his friend and coworker for 12 years, i took it particularly hard because I should have noticed. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome....but at least he wouldn't have been laying there alone and dead for almost a month.

So, hats off to those who took steps after noticing Dave's absence. I have much respect for those who care.
That's rough RP. My sympathies on the loss of your friend. As an old beat up LEO I've saw that pain in peoples eyes, and still see it today. I'm sure your friend was looking down, and appreciates the love he saw in you.

But, you've gone and done it now. You let us know you do have a heart. So, it's on like Donkey Kong......:)

Last edited:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Even better would be an annual "Park Off" between them both, somewhere in mid-Texas as a 1/2 way meet up...??
YES! We need to make this happen! And it needs to be filmed :LOL:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
thank you.
there is more to me than what people see on this website.
I just dont show it often
You really are one of the good guys :fistbump:
Sponsored