Any wax or coating that effectively repels pollen?

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Western Washington has seen an abnormally dry and warm April and as a result he pollen is heavy - like clouds of it heavy.

Lately I have used the turtle was Seal and Shine which is great for repelling water but has the opposite effect with pollen. Is there product any of you use that is anti-static or repels pollen/dust worth a darn?

Even if it just comes off with wind that would be fine but right now I could take a gas powered blower to my truck and the pollen isn't going anywhere.
Sponsored

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I use a California Car Duster to clean off pollen between car washes..
https://www.amazon.com/California-Car-Duster-62442-Standard/dp/B00008RW9U

dash duster.jpg
California dusters work great! I've used these for years from my trucks to my vette. They work better as they age and you have to condition them if I remember with a brown paper bag or newspaper. When I was back in MA we had pollen like you have now,everything was a green film. Just a light brush over with this and it'll pick up all the pollen and dust without scratching the paint. Just give them a shake when you're done and store it back in the bag it comes in. Best $21.00 you'll spend.

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
$12.99 ebay from Pep Boys. Free shipping. Great price. Wooden handle.

OP
OP
Sashimi_Moto

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a california duster - after two swipes it’s over burdened. But I do agree that normally it’s pretty great.

OP
OP
Sashimi_Moto

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I whipped out the electric pressure washer which isn’t as dangerous as a gas powered one and has a soap-spray feature - works great for car washing and deck cleaning..

The good news for those of us using the Turtle Wax seal and shine is that I didn’t need a wash mitt. Just sprayed on a layer of soap then sprayed off and there was no trace of pollen and the water still beaded wonderfully. While I wish the pollen didn't stick in the first place this is a decent outcome.

I think I’ll try a bottle of McKees 37 Pollen-X and see how that works out.

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I'm in Western Washington also. Pollen laughed at my Cali Duster.. I got up yesterday morning, and the truck was wet with morning dew. Got out the hose, sprayed it off, and almost all the pollen went with it.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Western Washington has seen an abnormally dry and warm April and as a result he pollen is heavy - like clouds of it heavy.

Lately I have used the turtle was Seal and Shine which is great for repelling water but has the opposite effect with pollen. Is there product any of you use that is anti-static or repels pollen/dust worth a darn?

Even if it just comes off with wind that would be fine but right now I could take a gas powered blower to my truck and the pollen isn't going anywhere.
I'm a fan of Adam's Polishes, especially their detail spray which is anti-static; I use it after every wash right before drying. Their Buttery Wax also works quite well. In the end, the only good wax is the one you use. Just my humble opinion.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
No brush. Will get micro scratches.

Snowfoam

Give it a good wash.
use Bead Maker from P&S.
if you can not wash, leave it dirty.
less paint damage.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
I use P&S beadmaker as a wetting agent when I wash. About every month or so I wait until it dries completely and then apply again. Just make sure car is clean and I would clay the car prior to first application since it will seal in any crap in the paint.

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1987 BMW 325IS Track car, 1979 Mazda RX7
DO NOT use a California duster.
The worst thing you could do to your paint!!!

Dragging dry contaminants across the surface of your paint WILL leave tiny little scratches in your clear coat and will leave a swirled/glazed looked after just a few swipes.
You want water/soap/some sort of lubricant to pick up the contaminants.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
DO NOT use a California duster.
The worst thing you could do to your paint!!!

Dragging dry contaminants across the surface of your paint WILL leave tiny little scratches in your clear coat and will leave a swirled/glazed looked after just a few swipes.
You want water/soap/some sort of lubricant to pick up the contaminants.
Been using them for years, for light dust, not like driving down a country road for 50 miles, just for the dust that accumulates while sitting in the garage. They do have their limits, but no issues here.

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
Been using them for years, for light dust, not like driving down a country road for 50 miles, just for the dust that accumulates while sitting in the garage. They do have their limits, but no issues here.
same
Sponsored