First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
So far two feral hogs have been perfectly mowed over by my stock tremor front bash plate. I can't even find where they were hit. I do a lot of hunting and I'm sure they won't be the last ones.
keep it up two down a million to go!
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
we had a deer suicide on the front bumper of our 2015 escape in 2017 I think it was. It crossed in front changed its mind then changed its mind again and came back and hit right in the middle of the front. 13k in damage by the time they were done.

Worst thing for the ranger is that is was not even a week old and got a crack in the windshield
I hit one in my son's Mustang like that. New front bumper and LF fender.

Sid, happy for ya it wasn't any worse than that! This reminds me of Larry the Cable Guy......Sometimes ya gotta hit the deer with the pickup.......to get the insurance check.......to get the deer processed!
thumb.gif
As I was told by the owner of the car dealership where I worked many years ago, "If you think about it, the deer is probably the softest thing you'll hit." In other words, don't swerve to miss a deer and hit a tree, guardrail, etc.
My wife hit one two minivans ago on the PA Turnpike. I was riding shotgun, we had just pulled out from the toll booth and got up to speed when a buck ran out from the middle of the road right in front of us. She hit a perfect strike at 70 mph and I saw the deer go under the van and the deer's head go over the van.
Got the van fixed and the paint was barely dry when she hit another one on her way home from work, coincidentally on a road named Deer Lane.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I hit one in my son's Mustang like that. New front bumper and LF fender.

As I was told by the owner of the car dealership where I worked many years ago, "If you think about it, the deer is probably the softest thing you'll hit." In other words, don't swerve to miss a deer and hit a tree, guardrail, etc.
My wife hit one two minivans ago on the PA Turnpike. I was riding shotgun, we had just pulled out from the toll booth and got up to speed when a buck ran out from the middle of the road right in front of us. She hit a perfect strike at 70 mph and I saw the deer go under the van and the deer's head go over the van.
Got the van fixed and the paint was barely dry when she hit another one on her way home from work, coincidentally on a road named Deer Lane.
I should mention that early on some people here and elsewhere gave me shit for disconnecting my electric tailgate lock. Around here the wildlife is a much bigger hazard than tweakers who would sell your tailgate for scrap.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
the winner is always the bigger of the two.
I have won countless battles with squirrels, rabbits and the occasional raccoon.
however, I know I would lose against a swamp donkey.
Not necessarily. I had a deer encounter last year. Cracked the plastic bumper and I lost deductible and the deer just lost bunch of body hair. Therefore I'd call her (was a doe) the winner.

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
IMG_0600.jpeg
IMG_0451.jpeg
IMG_0274.jpeg
IMG_0051.jpeg

Clearly I won the battle against the animals. That was the focuses 3rd and final accident with an animal. Both vehicles were hit just right that it broke all the welds on the front frame supports and cores. They fixed the scooby and I sold right after.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I was headed home from work about 2:30AM once back home in TX when a deer decided it wanted to be on the other side of the street to watch me pass by. Well I stood on the brakes in my 04 Elantra (No ABS). I watched the deer plow face first into my driver's door. Checked a mile down the road and you could see the deer print streak down the side of my car where the condensation was wiped away. Stopped the next night on the way home and I had left skid marks about 30ft long from locking up the tires. The dashcam audio of that is a classic. "Screeeech...thump."

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
so i hit a animal this morning in the 4g. felt bad about it. it was not a clean kill. but i did the right thing, put it in reverse and backed over it to finish it off. it was a lucky hit, those maine coons are fast buggers....🤐 now my trash bags are safe for a while 😈
1686153595107.png

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
Car hunting is way too expensive.
- Towing wife's car with friend's F150. 0200 in the morning. Around a corner at 55MPH and squarely hit an Antelope. $2,500 to put the animal in Antelope heaven.
- Two weeks later in my 2005 Ranger a deer walked out in front, I slowed to about 30MPH with foot over the brake as the animal walk across in front of my truck. Eyes focused on that deer in case it turned around. A second deer jumped out of the ditch right behind the first, saw me and tried to escape, slipped and fell just as i hit it. Minimum damage to the truck, $300-$400, but once again the deer went to deer heaven.
- Wyoming recently joined a number of other states that allow you to take a hit and killed animal to the butcher for yourself.
- Where I live the concern is Moose or Elk. Being tall and heavy, they tend to end up in the front seat with you and that is never good, for you or the animal, but it happens every year.
- The over-winter kill of Antelope (>80%) this year is so bad Game and Fish has cancelled hunting of Antelope in the central/south central part of the state and reduced overall licenses by 10,000 with more reduction coming. White Tail licenses are reduced by 4,000. Hunting in WY is multi-million dollar income for the state so it's a huge loss of income and falls right on top of the loss of oil/gas/coal income.
- Because deer and Antelope could not break through the crust that formed on the heavy snows we had this year, and because highways are cleared on and adjacent to them, that's where they moved to feed. The result was huge numbers killed by vehicles, in addition to those that died of starvation. It's a huge issue and the number of dead along the highways is huge. It really is terrible.

dirtystevedirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
cnc guy
Hitting a deer with a truck/car is easy peasy. Step up your game fellas and use a motorcycle. Hit this dude with my Husky 701 a few years ago. Broke his back with the impact but it didn't kill it. Had to finish him off with a few 9's. Not a great picture due to my brain in overload from seeing Jesus. It's in the ditch to the right
IMG_20200725_183522954_HDR.jpg

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Hitting a deer with a truck/car is easy peasy. Step up your game fellas and use a motorcycle. Hit this dude with my Husky 701 a few years ago. Broke his back with the impact but it didn't kill it. Had to finish him off with a few 9's. Not a great picture due to my brain in overload from seeing Jesus. It's in the ditch to the right
Don't Do That.
The 9mm part...okay.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I killed a deer with my F150 with a deer on the back I had just harvested. I figured since I had to go to the processor anyway, I would find the deer and take it with me. As I was driving slowly with my flashlight out looking for it, a game warden happened to come by and pulled me over. It took a lot of explanation to prove I wasn't spotlighting! Showed him the roadkill deer with no holes in it. Showed him my harvested deer with holes in it. Got away with just forgetting to tag my harvested deer.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Don't Do That.
The 9mm part...okay.
He needed to euthanize the deer with broken back...the alternative is to let the deer die a slow agonizing death...getting picked apart by vultures or starvation...

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
He needed to euthanize the deer with broken back...the alternative is to let the deer die a slow agonizing death...getting picked apart by vultures or starvation...
I applaud him for humanely putting it to sleep. Had to be done. A lot times a cop will do the same thing if called to a deer strike.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
What does Jesus look like?🙂
Sponsored