Ambient lighting

Noknokman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335d
I waited one year to the day for my 22 ranger lariat. They left a few things off (no LED headlights no auto start stop no lane departure warning BUT lane keeping assist works). I love the truck overall. My question to you lariat owners is: where does ambient lighting show up? I only have it on the interior door handles. And the intensity control in sync 3 does nothing although I can change colors. I'm thinking of busting my dealers chops about this but I want to go in fully prepared.
Sponsored

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Footwells don't have ambient....and the intensity sux. I bought a cheep set of led strips on Amazon and mounted them under the dash and under the seats for a better color.

EDIT: I was wrong...have footwell lighting.

Last edited:

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
22 Lariat here, I have ambient. Footwells, Front Center Cubby, Door Handles and Door Lock Switch
They are not bright at all and barely noticeable, pick a orange color on the Sync Screen and adjust the slider up and you will see it, yes you have to look hard they are that dim, a single match will put off more light.
The color dot (circle) is the slider (slide it upwards) to increase intensity.
The only thing I lost was A/Start, which would have been deleted anyway if it was installed.
and the LED Headlamp/Fogs, which are now installed, I bit the bullet and installed them myself.
HUGE difference from the Halo's. I posted my swap in the Forscan Wiki

Now lane departure warning, can be set in the settings on the left IPC screen. You can set it for Alert & Aid or Alert Only or Aid Only plus set the intensity of the aid.
Once you get the settings set
Turn the system off and on, by the button on the end of the turn signal stalk.
As, I cannot see them giving you lane assist without the warning alert

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
overall the ambient lighting is stupid, and they just put it in to have something for the lariat trim sheet. the biggest issue is that the existing console lighting doesn't change, so in all but one color option the ambient lights clash horribly with the center stack in a way that will nauseate anyone in the vehicle.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
What is in your footwells with ambient lighting? It’s a single LED module with a light tube. That’s it! I have a module if you need pictures

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
What is in your footwells with ambient lighting? It’s a single LED module with a light tube. That’s it! I have a module if you need pictures
What else would you need?

Last edited:
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Service
Footwells don't have ambient....and the intensity sux. I bought a cheep set of led strips on Amazon and mounted them under the dash and under the seats for a better color.

EDIT: I was wrong...have footwell lighting.
I installed Vais Technology ambient lightning in my 2023 Ford Ranger XLT. The kit is $149. and I had it professionally installed. Vais is the same ambient lighting that Toyota uses. You can change colors and intensity front and back.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
overall the ambient lighting is stupid, and they just put it in to have something for the lariat trim sheet. the biggest issue is that the existing console lighting doesn't change, so in all but one color option the ambient lights clash horribly with the center stack in a way that will nauseate anyone in the vehicle.
Totally agree! I had a 2012 Ford Edge Limited, and the ambient lighting was really visible in multiple areas. With my 2019 Lariat, it's hardly noticeable, and just a trim gimmick.
Sponsored