Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Question for you savvy Lariat owners please,
Exactly what front lights can I expect to work when the headlights are switched on in both low and beam mode? As it is now, my amber parking lights do not light in conjunction with the low beams, just the "L" shaped LED's along the bottom of the headlight lens, the amber lamps apparently only function as turn signals/hazards.
The "owners" manual is of no help at all regarding this question.
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Question for you savvy Lariat owners please,
Exactly what front lights can I expect to work when the headlights are switched on in both low and beam mode? As it is now, my amber parking lights do not light in conjunction with the low beams, just the "L" shaped LED's along the bottom of the headlight lens, the amber lamps apparently only function as turn signals/hazards.
The "owners" manual is of no help at all regarding this question.
Mine are set to auto. So I get only the L shaped led daytime running lights in front, nothing else. When it's dark orthe wipers are on the headlights and fog lights (left in on position when headlights are on) come on and my high beams are automatic. When the auto or manual headlight on feature turns on headlights, all my lights are on, tail lights, marker lights, headlights

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Mine are set to auto. So I get only the L shaped led daytime running lights in front, nothing else. When it's dark orthe wipers are on the headlights and fog lights (left in on position when headlights are on) come on and my high beams are automatic. When the auto or manual headlight on feature turns on headlights, all my lights are on, tail lights, marker lights, headlights
Thanks, but I should have worded my question better.
I am concerned just with the front amber parking/running lights located within the headlight housing, as it is now they only function as turn signals/hazard flashers and nothing else. The owner's manual refers to them as "front parking/turn indicator signal lights" the lamp number is a 7444NA, which is a dual filament lamp. Why would Ford bother with installing a dual filament lamp when they function only as turn signal/hazard flashers?
Should they not function as parking/running lights with the light switch in the parking and headlight mode?
Perhaps this is something ForScan may address...

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I am concerned just with the front amber parking/running lights located within the headlight housing, as it is now they only function as turn signals/hazard flashers and nothing else. The owner's manual refers to them as "front parking/turn indicator signal lights" the lamp number is a 7444NA, which is a dual filament lamp. Why would Ford bother with installing a dual filament lamp when they function only as turn signal/hazard flashers?
Should they not function as parking/running lights with the light switch in the parking and headlight mode?
I believe that the amber lamp has 2 functions, therefore there are 2 elements.

BrianEvens

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Not to belabor this point, but what is the correct nomenclature for all of the lights in the front? In Forscan there are options for "Parking Lights", "Low Beams" and "Turns". Are the Parking Lights the white halos? I would like to have only the amber on and the bright white halo off.

DRL - Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)
DRL - Parking Lights & Low Beams only
DRL - Parking Lights & Turns only

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Damn
Wish I had found this thread before I bought my LED turns for the front lights. I upgraded my XLT to Lariat head lights and was miffed that the Lariat lights still had incandescents in them! LEDs I bought are not dual circuit, but the bulbs I took out definitely are.
Would love to know what 2nd function of the Lariat front amber bulbs is after Turn Signal/Flashers

EDIT
Put the 2 element bulb back in one side - park, lights turn signal were all the same as single element LED. ???
But I have since set up my Lariat lights in Forscan so not sure if that changes anything.
Is the other function parking? Can a Lariat owner check this please?

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Damn
Wish I had found this thread before I bought my LED turns for the front lights. I upgraded my XLT to Lariat head lights and was miffed that the Lariat lights still had incandescents in them! LEDs I bought are not dual circuit, but the bulbs I took out definitely are.
Would love to know what 2nd function of the Lariat front amber bulbs is after Turn Signal/Flashers
Seems to be a lot of confusion about this from Lariat owners. As an XLT owner all I know is that the turn signals are indeed standard bulbs not LED. I have seen people claim they are only single filament and some say they are dual filament like the ones in the XLT. I'm not even sure if the projectors have a shutter in them for both high and low beam or if they are separate lights. I am fairly sure DRLs should only come-on with the transmission not in park. So by turning your lights to park or on and switching between high and low beam you should be able to tell what comes on when. Putting it in auto starting your truck, setting the parking brake (IMPORTANT) and putting in drive will show what comes on with the DRLs. If someone could do this test and report back maybe we can get this question answered once and for all?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
OK after doing some research the 2 filaments are Parking/DRL (dimmed) and Turn/Flash (bright).
Since I changed out my Hd Lights to Lariats and changed forScan I may have the dimmed functionality disabled.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
OK after doing some research the 2 filaments are Parking/DRL (dimmed) and Turn/Flash (bright).
Since I changed out my Hd Lights to Lariats and changed forScan I may have the dimmed functionality disabled.
That makes sense for the filaments. Same as the XLT turn bulbs. Probably need some tweaks in Forscan to get what you want. Good luck.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
My Factory Lariat headlight housings have been ordered; I am part of the LED Delete club and was wondering about swapping out the factory incandescent turn signal bulbs to Led as well. I am looking for Led Bulbs that will work without creating hyper blink on the dash. Just wanted to know what bulbs others have swapped too when they did the headlight upgrade swap

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
On my Lariat there are no amber parking lights. The bulb is two filament but only uses the turn signal. The DRL function as the parking lights.

I had the same question when I got my truck.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
On my Lariat there are no amber parking lights. The bulb is two filament but only uses the turn signal. The DRL function as the parking lights.

I had the same question when I got my truck.
Need Correct Part Number for - Lariat Headlight Housing - Turn Bulb- Swap from factory bulb to LED

Understood (DRL) Halo, however I wanted to know about the correct part number for changing the stock 7444NA bulb to led, while I have it apart, I see others have swapped to a 7440NA LED and some use 7443NA and have stated that they work, no hyper blink or ForScan needed. On the flip side some say that it creates hyper-blink. So conflicting info. IDK how much of a difference it would make anyway, the main concern for anyone is getting rear ended. I was a victim of this 2 times in my life. Luckily no one was hurt. Totaled my first car this way.
Just a thought, that's all

Plus, also looking for ForScan - Changes required to make DRL's function properly

Are these the only changes required:

DRL Options - Change To (Dedicated DRL)
DRL Configuration -Change To (Dedicated DRL)

Thanks

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
The FORScan settings are either in the FORScan thread or one on the headlight swap (check my signature) - cant recall which.

crash77

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Material Coordinator
I just noticed this myself on my '21 Lariat for the first time today. This is the first truck I've had with LED and DRL lighting. I suspect it's an LED thing, as the trucks with halogen/HID lights have the parking lamp you are asking about. the LED trucks apparently only have the white DRL strip and the headlights and only turn signals that are amber. I'm adding amber marker lights in the front to alleviate this.

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
I went with these 2 years ago on my XLT (Lasfit), no hyper flash, canbus and switchback.

Item specifics
Condition:
New
Bulb Life Hours:
Up to 30,000 Hours
Model:
TD74437444
OE/OEM Part Number:
TD74437444
Interchange Part Number:
7443 7444
Type: