First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
And some wonder why their packages look like they got dragged through a war zone.

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Human pilots are the best. This seems great reason to have some lane keeping system required.

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
That video make me angry. I was nearly killed by a truck pulling a trailer while headed to a junior college night class about 20 years ago. He had decided he really needed to beat the truck (also pulling a trailer) in front of him to the top of the hill and was in my lane. We nearly met face to face at the top of that hill. Luckily there was a ditch and just enough shoulder that I could fit. Wasn't a semi, but certainly seemed big in my car at the time.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I was behind one of the delivery vans in the line at chic fil a today. Roof damage, rear doors had dents in them and a missing emblem, and driver side looked like the guy ran into a pole and part of the panel behind the door was completely missing. Looks like Amazon continues to have very high standards.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
trucks have digital logs an drivers have restrictions on how many hours they can drive in a period an mandatory rest periods.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
does everyone have digital logs? Im sure many still use paper.

when i was working in the US, it was a commercial F550.
I had to keep a paper log.
because my day out on site was longer than my time at the hotel, it always put me over my duty day.....so i switched it up
I "started" at 9pm and drove to the hotel, then when i got back to the site at 6am, logged off for my "rest period" of 15 hours.

If Amazon keeps this up, they'll be giving Swift a run for their money to the bottom.
I thought it was required to make the switch 2 or 3 years ago. I know a guy who's almost 70 that drives the max every week an he changed over kicking an screaming. He'd fudge the numbers to max his income.

My brother used to make it home about twice a week on paper logs. His little company of 10 trucks made the change an he couldn't make it home during the week. He drove regional

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I've seen two bad big rig crashes on RT 70, both were US Mail trucks. Half a trailer is still on the side of the road for almost a year. Their rigs are always in terrible condition and I suppose the drivers are too. Doesn't surprise me with the state of the post office these days.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've seen two bad big rig crashes on RT 70, both were US Mail trucks. Half a trailer is still on the side of the road for almost a year. Their rigs are always in terrible condition and I suppose the drivers are too. Doesn't surprise me with the state of the post office these days.
Almost all truck routed are contracted out. You will see usps markings on the trailer an private company on the cabs. They still have large trucks to run mail from the sorting facilities to the individual offices. Sorted mail is taken to local offices for delivery via both USPS owned an operated trucks and contract drivers. There are no "sleepers" on the usps trucks because they are local route only. I get the emails from UPS an FedEx about wanting drivers so I assume every company is short drivers an maxing all the drivers they have out. I don't think there's any hour restrictions on "team driver trucks" but I don't know if they track how many hours each individual driver works in a 24 hour period.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
As a group semi drivers have the biggest egos about their driving skills. And as a group semi drivers are the worst and most dangerous drivers on the road.
Sponsored