First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So I got the truck out of the garage and looked at my under-hood situation as well as my wheel wells. My hood has the weatherstrips but no bumper blocks. The passenger wheel well liner pretty much encloses the underside of the fender. The driver's side, however, looks completely unfinished. I would like to see a clear picture of the driver's side wheel well on a Ranger that looks different than mine. Still unconvinced that some Rangers have a different wheel well covering on the driver's side.
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0091.JPG
Mines in the garage and not the best lighting but here's a few different angles of mine.

IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_7631.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg
Sponsored

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
So I got the truck out of the garage and looked at my under-hood situation as well as my wheel wells. My hood has the weatherstrips but no bumper blocks. The passenger wheel well liner pretty much encloses the underside of the fender. The driver's side, however, looks completely unfinished. I would like to see a clear picture of the driver's side wheel well on a Ranger that looks different than mine. Still unconvinced that some Rangers have a different wheel well covering on the driver's side.
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0091.JPG
My 2022 XLT FX4 looks exactly like yours. I think what everyone who thinks they have everything is looking at is the shield to the right of the open space (which is directly in front of the wheel). At least, that is where maybe the confusion comes from. I hope anyway.

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
My 2022 XLT FX4 looks exactly like yours. I think what everyone who thinks they have everything is looking at is the shield to the right of the open space (which is directly in front of the wheel). At least, that is where maybe the confusion comes from. I hope anyway.
And you would be correct. I have that opening as well.

a1z2s3x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 | 2022 Ford F350
Is it possible that we are seeing the differences between paint/primer colors? On "raytwntrvlr" and "OregonRangerTremor"s trucks (and on my 2021 with light-colored base/primer), it looks bare/something missing. But, on "AzScorpion" and on other 2019 trucks that I see pictures of, the base paint/primer looks much darker. Is it an illusion? Can someone with the 2019 trucks verify that the piece with the arrow shown below is actually plastic and not just painted metal?

Image1.jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
If you look closely it looks like there are 2 or 3 separate plastic pieces that are connecter to the metal and too each other with the plastic rivet pins.
It is hard to see clearly due to under the truck fender and shadows, but pics in Dave's post definitely show several pieces overlapping each other, forming a cover of sorts.

BUT!!!!! I did just go out to mine and took a real close look at the diference between mine and the pic that Dave posted, specifically the very front where that large square cut out is, AND, it looks like Dave's is just painted black while mine is painted body color, Iconic Silver. I compared mine with Dave's pic and I think his "black" is just paint, not a plastic cover.
It may be we're all comparing "black" paint to body color paint !!!
ARRGGGHHHH !!!

2q74ak.jpg

Last edited:

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG
Mine looks exactly like this. I believe one panel is missing. I have the hood seals but not the bumper blocks. I see where the bumper blocks would go.

'21 Lariat built Apr 28 2021

a1z2s3x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you look closely it looks like there are 2 or 3 separate plastic pieces that are connecter to the metal and too each other with the plastic rivet pins.
It is hard to see clearly due to under the truck fender and shadows, but pics in Dave's post definitely show several pieces overlapping each other, forming a cover of sorts.
It is definitely difficult to discern. The pic I included was from Dave's post, I believe. In any event, I can't positively identify any push-pins/retainers in the area I circled. I'm still not convinced it isn't just dark-colored metal, which is why I asked for someone to verify that it was plastic and not metal.

Along the lines of the hood-related parts in question, my wife's '21 Lariat has the two weatherstrips, but not the bumpers.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
The wheel liner seems to be missing on my '22 as it is body color . I have the hood seals but no bumpers, maybe because they changed from aluminum to steel? dunno, just throwin it out there. I would like to know which one or one's we are missing as I would like to cover it.

LB

a1z2s3x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wheel liner seems to be missing on my '22 as it is body color . I have the hood seals but no bumpers, maybe because they changed from aluminum to steel? dunno, just throwin it out there. I would like to know which one or one's we are missing as I would like to cover it.

LB
Crap...steel vs. aluminum...another variable...my wife's later '21 has steel fenders...

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Crap...steel vs. aluminum...another variable...my wife's later '21 has steel fenders...
Nothing to do with that. Just cost cutting. Especially since it seems to be hit or miss on steel fender-equiped rangers.
Aluminum corrodes, too just not as apparent.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think we should all head over to Dave's house and compare what's there and what's missing !!!
Dave...order the pizza's, I'm on my way !!!

marmot-marmot-scream.gif
Pizza and Mexican food coming right up! ????
Sponsored