First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger 2X4
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
I'd keep the bronco only if I had a 4x8 trailer minimum and a safe place to store it .

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Where I live (small mtn town in SW CO) the more affluent people drive around in Jeep Wranglers a good no of them Rubicons, occasionally see a Rover. Lately I've seen several Broncos , my assessment based on appearances and tell-tale signs is that many of these vehicles will only see/have seen light off road or some zero off road use but the owners apparently believe it projects them as rugged adventurous types.
Then you see the vehicles that the are actually used for off road use and they have scrapes, dents, off road tires, etc , some are older modified pickups, including lots of Tacos.
My Ranger is showing signs of off road punishment - a couple of dents, many side scratches from branches on narrow roads and just recently after the trip up Imogene Pass - tires took a big time beating. Do I wish I had something like a Bronco, yes but the Ranger will have to do.
Agree with posters who see the decline in demand of toys like the Bronco - we are in for a long period of economic challenge , I'm waiting patiently to pick up my 1st ever RV at a bargain price, one that I can tow with the Ranger.

OP
OP

emptyc71

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare
Where I live (small mtn town in SW CO) the more affluent people drive around in Jeep Wranglers a good no of them Rubicons, occasionally see a Rover. Lately I've seen several Broncos , my assessment based on appearances and tell-tale signs is that many of these vehicles will only see/have seen light off road or some zero off road use but the owners apparently believe it projects them as rugged adventurous types.
Then you see the vehicles that the are actually used for off road use and they have scrapes, dents, off road tires, etc , some are older modified pickups, including lots of Tacos.
My Ranger is showing signs of off road punishment - a couple of dents, many side scratches from branches on narrow roads and just recently after the trip up Imogene Pass - tires took a big time beating. Do I wish I had something like a Bronco, yes but the Ranger will have to do.
Agree with posters who see the decline in demand of toys like the Bronco - we are in for a long period of economic challenge , I'm waiting patiently to pick up my 1st ever RV at a bargain price, one that I can tow with the Ranger.
Thanks! I don’t think you’ll have to wait long for an RV deal…

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 APG Ranger Lariot
Gooduck with the sale! We really wanted a bronco too but we got used to the truck bed and it's so convenient for us with our home renovation projects, dump runs, and so on. If we had a trailer we would be more inclined for the Bronco. We came from a Jeep JL on 37s to the Tremor so it's a little different. I still miss the Jeep at times but the Tremor is amazing and rides so much better!

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Then the Branco eats a valve because you thought about selling it....

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
So I finally got my Bronco yesterday after waiting over a year, 4 Dr BL 2.7 L soft top. I bought the tremor to hold me over 6 months ago . But I love her . I can’t afford both . Man I feel like a married man w a mistress- the Tremor is so quick, smooth on the roads (90%) of my driving) and convenient w the bed. Am I crazy to consider selling the Bronco? Btw prices have fallen- I’ll break even in the Bronco not make $ like all the others did.
Oh Im sure you can work something out

1661678771010.png

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Kind of milage is the bronco getting? I'd love a manual transmission bronco

OP
OP

emptyc71

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare
Kind of milage is the bronco getting? I'd love a manual transmission bronco
I have 500 miles on it - 18.5 mixed highway, city. First was getting 17. I hope I can, like others, achieve close to 20 regularly as engine is broken in.

As an update I am glad I sold my Tremor if for no other reason than the value was dropping quickly. My plan is to buy another Tremor, used, when the new Ranger is released. I think my then they should be consistently in the 20's.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Mileage that bad on the bronco?
MY tremor averages 25 mpg

Still want one one day

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
It's a question only you can answer.

For myself, I can't give up the utility of a pickup.

If I were brutally honest with myself, I actually could as it's not like I use the bed every day.

You can rent an F250 from your local Home Depot for a very reasonable price if you only need a pickup occasionally.
when I moved 5 years ago that was my plan and I did it. the first year renting a pickup was easy, (2017), in 2018 & 2019 I needed a 2 weeks notice to get one. in 2020 and early 2021 it was impossible and prices jumped.

Truck rental sucks, they keep what they need every day minus 1 or 2. so they are gone a lot of the time, especially on weekends.

Keep the Ranger, be happier. the Bronco, depending on you sell it you should come out slightly ahead, (at least enough to take the missus out for a dinner and drinks.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Too bad i cant buy it off of you. Wife and i plan to tow the bronco behind the ranger (4x2), then unloas the bronco and have some offroading fun!
A few more bills need to get paid
Sponsored