Alpha Rex headlights

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Alrighty, so I got my headlights adjusted to what i believe is correct. I took some pictures of the on road. I did not take pictures of them in the truck because that is just silly.

How did I set the lights up? Well after going into Forscan and setting up the DRL for Dedicated DRL I hooked the DRL module up and now when I have thwe switch in AUTO the DRL lights are on without low beam headlights.
Nice to know forscan does have some effect on the DRL option. I had a feeling it would.
Sponsored

shaketxavius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Paramedic
Nice to know forscan does have some effect on the DRL option. I had a feeling it would.
it doesn't. The DRLs for the headlights are always on no matter what setting the lights are in if you install the included module. The setting he changed had no effect on those.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
it doesn't. The DRLs for the headlights are always on no matter what setting the lights are in if you install the included module. The setting he changed had no effect on those.
Correct. The FORscan adjustment was to prevent the low-beams from coming on when the truck's DRL function engaged. It has no impact to the Alpharex housings when their DRL module is installed.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
You are correct that it had no effect on the driving license self on the new headlight but it did make it to where the low beams do not turn on anymore since mine is an XLT.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct that it had no effect on the driving license self on the new headlight but it did make it to where the low beams do not turn on anymore since mine is an XLT.
Yes and that was what I was referring to.

Emanuel22

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021
Occupation
Elec. Tech.
Got these guys installed today. Quite a job but worth it. I have always liked the front design of these trucks , but these Luxx series headlights transformed it even better! Both ways!
All wired up for the starting sequence. I'll get used to it.
Thanks Uncle Sam. ;)

Luxx1.jpg

Nice looking, I'm about to buy those and maybe this foglight.
Screenshot_20210412-214943_Chrome.jpg

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Well you've come to the right place. We've all heard of sin city ? Well, this is spend city!
In all seriousness, so happy I did these lights. NC has a lot of back roads where these will shine unlike the 'ole halogens. ...and look pretty cool too.

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I got some good information for those who have to deal with the lovely harsh weather conditions out there!! As I was a little concerned that the LUXX series might be too bright for rain snow and dust I recently got to see how the lights perform in snow. How you ask? Well Colorado decided to have a random snow. I took it out while the snow was coming down hard and I could actually see the road!! Very important when it comes to lights!! With the Drop in LED's the color temp was so high thay i could not see worth a damn in front of me. Now you wonder if brights were included? Yes they were and i love it!!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My other concern in that same vain is ice buildup on the lenses. Halogens produce loads of heat and keep the headlight lens clear of snow and ice build up. I've driven countless times to the point where there's almost an inch of ice and snow on the whole front of the vehicle except the headlights. I'd hate to have to stop and clean the lenses every few miles so I could see where I'm going.

Anyone have any insight on that? Might be hard since the winter season is winding down though, I suppose.
We shall see in time. It was just a light storm yesterday so I may have to wait until next season for an answer. Be aware an led still puts out a fair amount of heat so it may be no issue at all

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maybe. I've just found that this past winter all of my swapped out LEDs got quickly and easily covered during storms, but my halogen low beams were the only things that didn't.
Dropping LEDs aren't exactly the best way to go to my understanding. I swapped out dropping LEDs for the whole assembly recently and I can tell you the Improvement was very nice for sight alone

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll agree on that. Especially in the reflector housings. A full housing is better, but my only thing is is it $600 better than drop in LED bulbs. And we don't necessarily have to get into it here as it's been covered exhaustively on the LED Headlight Bulb thread. And I'm not necessarily agreeing completely with either argument, depends on your needs and a financial situation. Just throwing it out there as something to be considered.
To each thier own honestly. I thought hard about the lariat headlamp upgrade but the cost of said upgrade turned me off. As for the Pro series? I agree that whoever has it needs to do a shot on the road.

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
So I emailed them inquiring if I could get amber DRL instead of the white. Got an answer yesterday ?

Thank you for contacting AlphaRex USA.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to make any changes to our headlights since they are manufactured this way.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team
AlphaRex USA

Emanuel22

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021
Occupation
Elec. Tech.
I just ordered this headlights and some audew 360° leds. For those that have the chrome ones please post more day pics. ??

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered this headlights and some audew 360° leds. For those that have the chrome ones please post more day pics. ??
Like these?

IMG_20210320_114806.jpg
IMG_20210320_114800.jpg
IMG_20210405_191320.jpg
IMG_20210405_191420.jpg
IMG_20210320_101031.jpg
Sponsored