Alpha Rex headlights

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Alright who's got a coupon code for these guys? I want some new headlights, but man $1300 for the nova is expensive - and so is $800 for the luxx since they're not replaceable LEDs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Alright who's got a coupon code for these guys? I want some new headlights, but man $1300 for the Luxx is expensive - and so is $800 for the Nova since they're not replaceable LEDs.
Lol you got it backward there for price to series but I can say that if you go and call Stage 3 and talk to Lou then he can get you a little something off!! I got lucky and got mine a week later!!

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Anyone here buy the PRO set and swap LEDs in? I have some coming that I couldn't pass up for $550 new, so I'm looking for some bulbs. I'm also happy they won't do the light show on startup

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Before my purchase I saw a video from trdjon although it was on a 4runner, he installed a Luxx on the drivers side and a pro on the pass side.
He swapped in a led bulb in the pro which was recommended to him to use in these and posted a link to those on his utube video.
The Luxx performed great, however the pro didn't shine on the sides. There was a 45 degree cut off but did mention your fog lights would cover this area anyway.

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Before my purchase I saw a video from trdjon although it was on a 4runner, he installed a Luxx on the drivers side and a pro on the pass side.
He swapped in a led bulb in the pro which was recommended to him to use in these and posted a link to those on his utube video.
The Luxx performed great, however the pro didn't shine on the sides. There was a 45 degree cut off but did mention your fog lights would cover this area anyway.
That's very interesting. I'll make sure I try it out before finishing the install. In all honesty, I had asked to cancel the order and gotten confirmation it would be canceled, but the lights still shipped to me.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
This would be one thing that really concerns me. The LUXX cutoff and width is amazing and just miles ahead of factory, Lariat or non, so I would be concerned that using the PRO has a significantly narrower beam.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
That is very interesting since it is the exact same lens in all three models. Maybe it was the leds that were chosen?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
This would be one thing that really concerns me. The LUXX cutoff and width is amazing and just miles ahead of factory, Lariat or non, so I would be concerned that using the PRO has a significantly narrower beam.
The photos I've seen show the lux to be on par with the factory Lariat LEDs as far as cutoff and width. Perhaps slightly improved. Certainly not "miles ahead."

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
The photos I've seen show the lux to be on par with the factory Lariat LEDs as far as cutoff and width. Perhaps slightly improved. Certainly not "miles ahead."
I have the LUXX series and agree that it does not shine "Miles ahead" but it is definitely better compared to the factory Halogen lights!!. Compared to the Lariat assemblies? Hard to say for the brightness but I like the price of the AlphaRex a bit more to say the least.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Compared offroad with any of the other trucks that have Lariat headlights these Alpharex lights have *significantly* better width over stock, the Lariat headlights are actually rated worse than the stock Halogen housings in many things, including high-beam performance. If you then also consider price for the housings, it's not a comparison.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/ranger-crew-cab-pickup/2019#headlights

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I have the LUXX series and agree that it does not shine "Miles ahead" but it is definitely better compared to the factory Halogen lights!!. Compared to the Lariat assemblies? Hard to say for the brightness but I like the price of the AlphaRex a bit more to say the least.
Absolutely, if I were looking to equip a halogen lighted Ranger with LED headlights I would certainly choose these over dropping in Lariat LEDs due to price alone.
Compared offroad with any of the other trucks that have Lariat headlights these Alpharex lights have *significantly* better width over stock.
Show me. Because all photos I've seen of the Alpha Rexs show cutoff and width that is virtually the same as the Lariat LEDs.

the Lariat headlights are actually rated worse than the stock Halogen housings in many things, including high-beam performance. If you then also consider price for the housings, it's not a comparison.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/ranger-crew-cab-pickup/2019#headlights
Not sure what you're reading into that link, but they said the exact same thing about highbeams for all trim levels...

IIHS said:
On the straightaway, visibility was good on the right side of the road and fair on the left side. On curves, visibility was inadequate in all 4 tests.
Also there's no test from there on a Ranger with AlphaRex headlights. Not sure why you'd link to that when I took exception to your "miles ahead" comment about Alpha Rex and Lariat lights.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Show me. Because all photos I've seen of the Alpha Rexs show cutoff and width that is virtually the same as the Lariat LEDs.
You're looking at photos, which never, no matter what you're looking at or what camera/quality you use, show you actual performance of lighting in dark conditions. I've actually seen and compared them offroad, side by side, in exact same circumstances, while out with fellow Ranger owners who have Lariats but stock lighting.

Not sure what you're reading into that link, but they said the exact same thing about highbeams for all trim levels...
Look at the actual measurements, the Lariat and Halogen housings are very similar in performance, and both both models they're listed at Marginal at best. The headlights on the 2019+ Ranger are extremely underperforming

Also there's no test from there on a Ranger with AlphaRex headlights. Not sure why you'd link to that when I took exception to your "miles ahead" comment about Alpha Rex and Lariat lights.
Of course there isn't, IIHS doesn't test aftermarket lights, only factory.

"Miles ahead" wasn't a literal term, it's a colloquialism referring to the performance of one over the other, and the performance of the stock lights are massively underwhelming, and until you see them compared side-by-side with something else in person your "exception" doesn't mean much when you're going solely by photos.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
You're looking at photos, which never, no matter what you're looking at or what camera/quality you use, show you actual performance of lighting in dark conditions. I've actually seen and compared them offroad, side by side, in exact same circumstances, while out with fellow Ranger owners who have Lariats but stock lighting.

Look at the actual measurements, the Lariat and Halogen housings are very similar in performance, and both both models they're listed at Marginal at best. The headlights on the 2019+ Ranger are extremely underperforming

Of course there isn't, IIHS doesn't test aftermarket lights, only factory.

"Miles ahead" wasn't a literal term, it's a colloquialism referring to the performance of one over the other, and the performance of the stock lights are massively underwhelming, and until you see them compared side-by-side with something else in person your "exception" doesn't mean much when you're going solely by photos.
You could have simply stated that your entirely subjective, anecdotal evidence is that they're better. Meanwhile another member says he wouldn't even call them "miles ahead" of the halogens he replaced with them. Simply "definitely better."

So whose subjective, anecdotal evidence is right? Or does one simply rely on their own eyes to judge? I'll stick with my own eyes, pictures or not, unless somebody would like to provide some actual facts as far as performance difference.

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Soon! I got the PRO and dropped in some LED bulbs. They were crazy tight but I got the dust covers on. We'll see how they look come Friday.

WjsLovL.jpg
Sponsored