First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Soon! I got the PRO and dropped in some LED bulbs. They were crazy tight but I got the dust covers on. We'll see how they look come Friday.

WjsLovL.jpg
What LED's did you go with? If you have a link to them that would be AWESOME!!
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Strangely enough they are no longer on Amazon lol.

I ordered the Aukee H7 90w 16,000 lumen LEDs.
If anything be a little careful with that bulb. I say this because after 6,000k for color temp rain ans snow can be an issue for visibility

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
If anything be a little careful with that bulb. I say this because after 6,000k for color temp rain ans snow can be an issue for visibility
Yeah I was hoping for a 5500k, but no dice. If I end up liking them I'll bite the bullet on Morimoto 2 strokes. I didn't want the Luxx because I'm not a fan of the startup animation or the fact the LEDs aren't replaceable.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah I was hoping for a 5500k, but no dice. If I end up liking them I'll bite the bullet on Morimoto 2 strokes. I didn't want the Luxx because I'm not a fan of the startup animation or the fact the LEDs aren't replaceable.
You know you could just go with a nice set of PIAA headlights in those!! They do cost but they are very nice!!

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
You know you could just go with a nice set of PIAA headlights in those!! They do cost but they are very nice!!
Success!

Did the install this morning. Not terrible, took us about 2 hours with a few breaks.

The PROs look fantastic and don't have the startup animation. They just have a sequential flash of the amber turn signal and then the DRLs stay white.

My LEDs went in easy, and the cut off looks great. Once it gets dark, I'll fine tune my aiming.

E9CrL36.jpg

QMTcTtg.jpg

ya4psN6.jpg

L3eJ6V4.jpg

f2AsBU5.jpg

BVtUBZ4.jpg

IhDnTu8.jpg

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
They just have a sequential flash of the amber turn signal and then the DRLs stay white.
Just a note that the DRLs stay white no matter what version you buy. They only change to the sequential turn signal as needed.

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just a note that the DRLs stay white no matter what version you buy. They only change to the sequential turn signal as needed.
Not with the unlock/startup animation. They go white and do the filling and emptying animation. With these, the "animation" is a quick amber signal then go white.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Not with the unlock/startup animation. They go white and do the filling and emptying animation. With these, the "animation" is a quick amber signal then go white.
Yes, but that's on or off, it's not a color change. I'm aware of the startup sequence, having the LUXX installed myself, but for others reading it should be clear that the DRLs do not change colors. There's on, off, and amber sequential in the lower bar.

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The light output on these is phenomenal. Cutoff is incredibly clean and everything functions as it should.

First up is the old halogen setup only. Unfortunately it's not a real apples to apples comparison as it's much darker tonight than when I did the halogen picture.

PFwOec8.jpg

Now tonight, with the DRL strips only.
Gvv51as.jpg

Low beams
UO1mJVv.jpg

High beams
qzyIS0s.jpg

Random pics
yKkdBY4.jpg

vt6jK38.jpg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The light output on these is phenomenal. Cutoff is incredibly clean and everything functions as it should.

First up is the old halogen setup only. Unfortunately it's not a real apples to apples comparison as it's much darker tonight than when I did the halogen picture.

PFwOec8.jpg

Now tonight, with the DRL strips only.
Gvv51as.jpg

Low beams
UO1mJVv.jpg

High beams
qzyIS0s.jpg

Random pics
yKkdBY4.jpg

vt6jK38.jpg
So I know you bought the LED drop ins but please do me and everyone else a favor and do the same thing with the halogen bulbs in the projector housings!!

I ask this because I dont believe anyone has seen this and it could be valuable data in my opinion

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Success!

Did the install this morning. Not terrible, took us about 2 hours with a few breaks.

The PROs look fantastic and don't have the startup animation. They just have a sequential flash of the amber turn signal and then the DRLs stay white.

My LEDs went in easy, and the cut off looks great. Once it gets dark, I'll fine tune my aiming.

E9CrL36.jpg

QMTcTtg.jpg

ya4psN6.jpg

L3eJ6V4.jpg

f2AsBU5.jpg

BVtUBZ4.jpg

IhDnTu8.jpg
THANK YOU for posting this. My exact truck.

Now I feel okay ordering these

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So I know you bought the LED drop ins but please do me and everyone else a favor and do the same thing with the halogen bulbs in the projector housings!!

I ask this because I dont believe anyone has seen this and it could be valuable data in my opinion
Unfortunately that will be a no go lol. They're way too hard to swap in and out easily. It would probably take me less time to pull the valence again than try to swap them with the headlights installed.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
THANK YOU for posting this. My exact truck.

Now I feel okay ordering these
I have the LUXX series and I can tell you they are NICE!! Now I understand how most on here think that a bulb that cant be replaced is a bad thing but think about how there are plenty of LED lights that cant be replaced if they go out? Just food for thought.
Sponsored