Aftermarket trailer hitch for new ranger owner

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
i put the Class iV draw-tite from amazon on my ranger when i needed to tow a 5x8 u haul trailer, (was cheaper to buy the hitch and rent the trailer for 1 way then it was to rent a truck) no issues with the hitch , install took 15 minutes with a friend. Clamp bumper ears, remove 4 bolts, position hitch, install bolts, then torque to spec. receiver tube was nice and tight no rattle or anything.
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Hey guys,

I posted a week or 2 back with my 2022 XLT. I’m absolutely loving it so far and I’m planning on customizing it as much as possible. So far I’ve got a console tray, center console cover, wolfhaus plug is on order.

My next purchase is going to be an aftermarket Trailer hitch. After reading this forum I found some people talking about draw-tite and I’m looking into that one.

my question is what did most people buy? Is the fact that an aftermarket hitch is lower make it more difficult to use? Any advice is appreciated thank you.
For your question about the lower height and it's use - I think you'll b better off. The bed rake really jacks up the rear and most everyone has to get a drop hitch in order to make for a level tow.

I have a short adjustable drop hitch of 5 inches but could have used a 7 inch once. I suppose the more inline your trailer coupler is to your truck's hitch means less stress on the ball mount.

1714856026196-2w.png