First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
is it possible its leaking some place like inside the doors or dash, behind some panel where the smell gets out but the water is not easily visible?
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Stuff like this keeps me from going into the doors to add soundproofing even though I have experience.

It would suck to develop a problem in an area I went into and get denied coverage - although I believe I could resolve it on my own

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
If mine and I had to fix it , the carpet would come out and I would stay inside the truck while somebody hosed it down from outside , starting at the top and ending underneath with a undercarriage sprayer , has to be coming in from somewhere, should be easy to find with no carpet/pad to soak it up... only way to really get the smell out also...imo...

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Lemon laws in most states are pretty straight forward. Manufacturer has so many tries and X amount of time to resolve the issue. If not and time expires they have to buy it back for what you paid for it. I know in my state as long as you have paperwork showing when you reported the issue and their first attempt to fix it starts the clock on the timeframe to resolve it.

Reaching out and filing a complaint with Ford customer care also alerts them to the possibility they will have another vehicle to “reclaim” down the road unless they get involved themselves

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Mask the smell and trade it ?
Thought about it and was looking at the F150's but there isn't squat available at the dealers. What they do have they won't budge on the sticker to give me X-plan. All the dealerships I have been to so far said I will need to put one on order and wait for who knows how long until it actually gets built. I'd also be looking at nearly 200 more a month depending if Ford gives me 0% again or not.

I'll give them another shot to fix it but I'm pretty much done with this thing. First time I have ever bought brand new and it's been in more times for leaks than I can count.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Stuff like this keeps me from going into the doors to add soundproofing even though I have experience.

It would suck to develop a problem in an area I went into and get denied coverage - although I believe I could resolve it on my own
Experience is the best teacher. You have to read 'between the lines' on a lot of what's posted on any website, as it may not be what it seems to be. I can't post everything I think about some of this stuff even though I'd probably be right.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
So they leak tested it... And we had the 1st big rain storm last night in months that dropped 2-3 inches. The truck was supposedly parked outside and they checked it this morning.

No mildew smell....

I just don't get it... It spits on the truck and it reeks like sour laundry. Others have smelled it so I know it's not just me. The dealership dumps a couple hundred gallons on it and it is a heavy thunderstorm for a couple hours..

Nothing..

Not a sausage....

My truck is trolling me I swear..
trollfacelmaaaao.gif

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
So they leak tested it... And we had the 1st big rain storm last night in months that dropped 2-3 inches. The truck was supposedly parked outside and they checked it this morning.

No mildew smell....

I just don't get it... It spits on the truck and it reeks like sour laundry. Others have smelled it so I know it's not just me. The dealership dumps a couple hundred gallons on it and it is a heavy thunderstorm for a couple hours..

Nothing..

Not a sausage....

My truck is trolling me I swear..
trollfacelmaaaao.gif
Doesn't sound like the truck is trolling you.... :(

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Well I did ask them to let it bake in the sun for a few hours and go take a whiff before I come get it. Maybe just hasn't been hot enough for it to start smelling since last night.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Doesn't sound like the truck is trolling you.... :(
Oh yes it is...

So it baked in the sun at 100 degrees for 8 hours after the turd floater storm and nothing...

Picked it up went home and it dumped another .75" rain last night and I get in it this morning...

Nothing... no mildew smell.

Fricken truck.. I swear.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
how often are you changing your underwear?
just looking for other connections....never know
LOLZ!

Daily.. Sometimes more frequently depending on how sweaty I get.. Houston heat/humidity and all ya know.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
maybe its a condensation thing. you roll with the ac on and the trucks cool inside. then you park and go to work or whatever else and it gets baked in the heat and sun. idk just throwing out ideas.
Sponsored