First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well add my 21 to the leaking rear axle list. Between it and the 10 speed problems, I quit. Traded it on a 22 edge st. Best of luck to all of you.
20230708_100900.jpg
Wow, sorry to hear you had these problems with yours. Best of luck with your Edge and hope you still stop by here once in a while!
Sponsored

BiilyJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I forgot to mention, they say there are several axles in stock, but they are marked backorder. They assume that ford has decided that all the available axles are defective as well.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I forgot to mention, they say there are several axles in stock, but they are marked backorder. They assume that ford has decided that all the available axles are defective as well.
I haven’t been able to keep rear brakes on my truck since I got it. They were lasting less than 10k but the last pair I just ran until I hit metal and it was only 15k. I just did aftermarket ones because ford doesn’t have any rear components in stock, and couldn’t tell me when they would.

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Ranger Tremor
Whelp, this just happened to my 2022 Tremor. Right before two long camping trips too, what a pain in the ass. Ford needs to get their shit together.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I noticed I have some dirt film clinging to the back of the dust shields when I replaced my springs this weekend. Extended warranty may be getting tested soon if it gets worse.

OP
OP
Mustang2Ranger

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I took mine in 4 times and they couldn't do anything but "tighten" it they said. This was 2019 though. No parts available then, doesn't seem to have changed much now. I said ok I have the paperwork, if it blows it's on you

Then I left it alone, kept it clean from time to time, and now here it is with 40k miles and memories and seemed to slow down a bit

Since I tow and off-road frequently, I decided to change the fluid to make sure it wasn't going dry. Was still able to see through it (brown though) and measured what came out, was just about right

So I guess all I am saying is if you don't have the worse version where it eats rear brakes, take it in once and if it still leaks just forget about it. And side note no need to change your fluid early like the others doing it when its brand new

Just an update on my previous posts and .02

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine in 4 times and they couldn't do anything but "tighten" it they said. This was 2019 though. No parts available then, doesn't seem to have changed much now. I said ok I have the paperwork, if it blows it's on you

Then I left it alone, kept it clean from time to time, and now here it is with 40k miles and memories and seemed to slow down a bit

Since I tow and off-road frequently, I decided to change the fluid to make sure it wasn't going dry. Was still able to see through it (brown though) and measured what came out, was just about right

So I guess all I am saying is if you don't have the worse version where it eats rear brakes, take it in once and if it still leaks just forget about it. And side note no need to change your fluid early like the others doing it when its brand new

Just an update on my previous posts and .02
Which dealership did you use? Just wondering, in case we use thesame one, I'm in SoCal as well. On my previous oil change I ask the dealership if they can change my diff oil and they are like, what!!! You only got 35K its not due till 60K.

OP
OP
Mustang2Ranger

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Cerritos Ford

Not sure if yours was produced before/after the drain plug was omitted, but if you have the drain plug its super easy to drain and fill, takes a little under two quarts

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
I had this around 6-7k and the dealer replaced the seals along with a drain and fill. Also said the new gasket needed a day to “cure”, whatever that means. Now no more rear end leaks, and no strange noises from the rear end! Fluid was low so that may have caused the whine…who knows…it’s all good now and has had zero issues since the repair.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Some Australian model new V6 Ranger Raptors are now beginning to suffer from early diff failure unfortunately for Ford here, one of them was a leading motor journalist (his private car) which failed before even 1,500 Km, when booking in at the dealership someone else with the same problem was waiting to book their car in, and they've had a similar issue on a press car. So there is an entire you tube clip devoted to it. Ford claims that the unit was underfilled at the factory and the press car was due to a "side strike" Hmmmm, this is supposed to be tough off road vehicle.
He's also had issues with a rough idle on the v6.
Doesn't anyone do anything properly anymore?

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Ranger Tremor
Whelp, this just happened to my 2022 Tremor. Right before two long camping trips too, what a pain in the ass. Ford needs to get their shit together.
Update on this, left it at the dealer while I was on my first trip (sad leaving the ranger behind...), they were able to get parts and turn it around by the time I got back. As others have reported, required replacing the whole rear axle assembly just to replace a seal.

Happy the dealer fixed it so fast, bummed out something as basic as an axle seal is still a failure point in a modern vehicle at only 6k miles.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Well this sucks. What is it with Dana? They are normally rock solid.

When I had my POS ('06 Frontier NISMO) I had a rear axle seal replaced while under warranty and of course another one after the freaking warranty ran out. Also had to replace the pinion seal on the axle under warranty.

No issues with the front axle. Been too long now but 99% sure the front axle was also a Dana just a different model.

And now here we are all these years later and Dana is still fighting axle seals. Fingers crossed for my '23.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Well this sucks. What is it with Dana? They are normally rock solid.

When I had my POS ('06 Frontier NISMO) I had a rear axle seal replaced while under warranty and of course another one after the freaking warranty ran out. Also had to replace the pinion seal on the axle under warranty.

No issues with the front axle. Been too long now but 99% sure the front axle was also a Dana just a different model.

And now here we are all these years later and Dana is still fighting axle seals. Fingers crossed for my '23.
your frontier didn't leak from from EVERY seal and gasket like mine? I wish I was over exaggerating about the EVERY part of that. they weren't just weeping

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
your frontier didn't leak from from EVERY seal and gasket like mine? I wish I was over exaggerating about the EVERY part of that. they weren't just weeping
And they were LEAKS!
Sponsored