A/C recirculating button turns itself off all the time, how do I fix this?

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I've never noticed this on my truck so I'll have to check it out....thanks!!
When I first got the truck, I unknowingly hit that button, I scrolled through the IPC settings. looking for a solution to turn the screen off (Lane Assist) to no avail, just found sensitivity settings. (WTH?)
How do you turn it off? I am missing something here.

Broke out the trusty owner's manual, and found that page, I had read over it numerous times while waiting for the truck build but forgot about that little switch. (To turn it on/off) :LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
When I first got the truck, I unknowingly hit that button, I scrolled through the IPC settings. looking for a solution to turn the screen off (Lane Assist) to no avail, just found sensitivity settings. (WTH?)
How do you turn it off? I am missing something here.

Broke out the trusty owner's manual, and found that page, I had read over it numerous times while waiting for the truck build but forgot about that little switch. (To turn it on/off) :LOL:

I've had my truck since Oct. 2021 and never read the owner's manual.......like you I looked through the settings screen and found nothing......but today I pushed the magic button on the turn signal stalk and poof it's off.......it's so much better not having that nanny feature gentle shake my steering wheel......always thought my tires needed to be balanced........thanks again @Rp930 !

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I don't get it. Fresh air is good.
Nine Times over Ten you are right. But I like to flip it to Recirculate for a few reasons...
1. It cools the interior faster on initial cool down after start up when it's hot outside (115Ā° F). I start out all windows down to blow out the greenhouse heat effect where the interior is 150Ā° F. Then flip to recirculate to cool down / may even use MAX if I don't feel like talking to anyone. Then after it cools down, back to open.
2. Wildfires make the air almost unbreathable at times.
3. Marijuana Grow Facilities - PEEEEE YOUUUUUUU! On a good day they smell like skunk weed. On a bad day they fertilize with fish emulsion.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Donā€™t blame Ford for this one. There could be some federal guidelines creating the recirc issues. At least some other makes operate the same way.
It's really about the consequences of how mechanical air conditioning works. The condenser coil accumulates moisture by being a cold object exposed to the atmosphere. This moisture just sits on the condenser and in the drip tray. A totally closed cab humidity rises to nearly 100% after a few minutes, and the condenser unit and the tray stays wet even after the truck is shut off, and it gets moldy, and starts to stink. This results in customer complaints. This is not good, but I think it's not the main driver. The next idea is what I believe is the main reason.

Humans produce humidity, but they also produce CO2. The CO2 factor can affect driver performance and no one even notices. It's not good to sit in a bubble of CO2. So because of the prevailing idea that manufacturers are liable when people are ignorant of these facts, and will misuse the AC by sealing the bubble 100% of the time, they assume responsibility for opening the door and letting fresh air in. A software timer is cheaper to implement than a separate CO2 sensor.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
Hey Group, need your help here.....maybe it's designed this way but I think it's stupid......I am a roofing contractor in So CA and have my A/C on all the time because I want to be cool as I'm driving all over and as I look at roofs all day in the heat.........I always make sure the A/c recirculating button is on as the A/C works better and NO outside smells come in my truck.......but it keeps "kicking" off......I hate the diesel exhaust smells, or a dead skunk, or skunk weed or any other bad outside smells but I am finding myself turning the recirculation button back on all the time......why does it do this??.......it's not needed in So CA for our mild climate.......I know nothing about "forscan" but will this device solve this??......love my 2021 Lariat Tremor but this (and no memory seats) is plain dumb! any help is appreciated!
WHEN I HIT THE MAX AC BUTTON IT NEVER SHUTS OFF SO TRY THAT ROUTE.. HOPE THAT HELPS

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
It's really about the consequences of how mechanical air conditioning works. The condenser coil accumulates moisture by being a cold object exposed to the atmosphere. This moisture just sits on the condenser and in the drip tray. A totally closed cab humidity rises to nearly 100% after a few minutes, and the condenser unit and the tray stays wet even after the truck is shut off, and it gets moldy, and starts to stink. This results in customer complaints. This is not good, but I think it's not the main driver. The next idea is what I believe is the main reason.

Humans produce humidity, but they also produce CO2. The CO2 factor can affect driver performance and no one even notices. It's not good to sit in a bubble of CO2. So because of the prevailing idea that manufacturers are liable when people are ignorant of these facts, and will misuse the AC by sealing the bubble 100% of the time, they assume responsibility for opening the door and letting fresh air in. A software timer is cheaper to implement than a separate CO2 sensor.
Or simply to keep the windshield clear.

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
1. It cools the interior faster on initial cool down after start up when it's hot outside (115Ā° F). I start out all windows down to blow out the greenhouse heat effect where the interior is 150Ā° F. Then flip to recirculate to cool down / may even use MAX if I don't feel like talking to anyone. Then after it cools down, back to open.

This is my new habit!....thanks for your input!

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
This is my new habit!....thanks for your input!
Yeah my Fusion had a feature that I really miss on the ranger.
Long hold on the UNLock Remote Button rolled all of the windows down. Same with Lock rolled them up. It was great to see your car on the parking lot way out in the back 40 and hit the button to roll them down. Then by the time you got to the car a lot of the super heated air was out and the surfaces were starting to cool too.

Of course your car is vulnerable when this is going on but I usually have eyes on it the whole time. Either in a secure lot at work or I'm pushing a grocery cart to it while it diffuses the pent up heat. My Nissan Titan had the same thing.

Would be a nice add to the Ranger, Ford! Hint Hint...

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech

one small correction- the evaporator is in the heater box - the condenser is in front of the radiator

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
one small correction- the evaporator is in the heater box - the condenser is in front of the radiator
Oops. You're right. I guess I fail my qualification, too. :)

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Long hold on the UNLock Remote Button rolled all of the windows down. Same with Lock rolled them up. It was great to see your car on the parking lot way out in the back 40 and hit the button to roll them down. Then by the time you got to the car a lot of the super heated air was out and the surfaces were starting to cool too.

Of course your car is vulnerable when this is going on but I usually have eyes on it the whole time. Either in a secure lot at work or I'm pushing a grocery cart to it while it diffuses the pent up heat. My Nissan Titan had the same thing.

I have to check, but I think this feature can activated using ForScan. Maybe Lariat only, or maybe only F-150. I don't remember exactly.

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed

I see you live in AZ......I lived in Tucson for 5 long miserable years (2007-2012)......my ex forced us to move there many years ago to be close to grandma.......imaging working in the roofing business in Tucson!!....It was brutal.......after 5 years of hell I had to move back to So CA for the beautiful weather and ocean breezes......best move I made (along with divorcing her)!.....restarted my roofing business and loving every minute! The semi custom 2700 sq ft new house for cheap didn't make up for living in the worst city with intense heat 9 months out of the year and nothing to do except play in the desert.......NO car/truck A/C can keep up with the AZ heat!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I always thought the auto off feature of recirc was so you don't forget it on a long trip and pass out from lack of oxygen.
Also, there is no worse smell than a field freshly sprayed with poultry litter. I live next to a large hayfield that gets fertilized with it annually.

Last edited:

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Ahh, the smell of human feces wafting on the ocean breezes. :angel:
Sponsored