First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Truck driver
I use my 4wd every day to get to my house up a steep gravel road. Lately it doesn't engage sometimes. Just blinks. Any thoughts
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Got to ask. In neutral and brake applied? Try just parking brake and neutral. Is it both hi and low?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
one thing i do miss about the old fashioned ways- when you pushed that shifter and got gear chatter and lil thunk with your own hands you knew the 4x4 was ready. but the ease of push button is really nice. nice not having to tromp out in the dirt or mud to lock hubs too.

i was thinking maybe a faulty switch could be the problem. if you use 4 wheel a lot the contacts on the switch may get worn. another thread here someone posted a thread about replacing the 4x4 rotary switch.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
i was thinking maybe a faulty switch could be the problem. if you use 4 wheel a lot the contacts on the switch may get worn. another thread here someone posted a thread about replacing the 4x4 rotary switch.
McDonalds sweet tea took out a buddies of mine , not a Ranger though ... IF the rotary switch needs replaced , might as well get the one with the TM ...

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
McDonalds sweet tea took out a buddies of mine , not a Ranger though ... IF the rotary switch needs replaced , might as well get the one with the TM ...
yep totally worth it. i use the tm button more than i do the rotary.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Many possibilities. Something to keep in mind, if the PCM senses a just enough throttle input it will not allow the transfer case to shift in or out of 4WD

OP
OP

Mojo Jojo

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Truck driver
Many possibilities. Something to keep in mind, if the PCM senses a just enough throttle input it will not allow the transfer case to shift in or out of 4WD
Unplugged t-case inspected put dielectric grease in it. Still didn't work. Disconnected battery for 15 minutes, now it works. We'll see for how long
Sponsored