Tail Lights not working

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Do you know that the fuse box under the hood has another one directly underneath it?
Also consider that the left and right taillights may have separate fuses, If so then check the plug on the headlight switch.
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I did. I think its the housings now. The LED flickered for awhile this morning and then shut off.
Would be nice to have wiring diagram....willing to bet loose connection somewhere

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
Hello, my 2019 didn't even make it a block from the dealership before the tail lights went out...fast blinking. checked the connections, found your thread but not sure where the pin you're referring to being bent??

Had to leave my brand new ride sitting in the service bay...at least i got to take my paperwork home in a loaner lol.

Ranger Boyd

First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hello, my 2019 didn't even make it a block from the dealership before the tail lights went out...fast blinking. checked the connections, found your thread but not sure where the pin you're referring to being bent??

Had to leave my brand new ride sitting in the service bay...at least i got to take my paperwork home in a loaner lol.

Ranger Boyd

First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
To all of you having taillight issues, if you get a drivers side taillight replaced, don’t forget Ranger Boyd! I’m sure we could come to a fair and equitable agreement on the assembly. Looking for that cover. Don’t throw it out. Please!

OP
OP
ISUACE

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase

I looked at the housing connector.. saw one of the pins was bent and recessed. Took it back to the dealership and they fixed it for free. New socket/connector end. No problems since.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at the housing connector.. saw one of the pins was bent and recessed. Took it back to the dealership and they fixed it for free. New socket/connector end. No problems since.
Hi Folks,

I am getting to have the opinion that the connector design for most of the Ranger wiring connectors has some potential for assembly damage...Not a Robust design.... Seems to be way too many wiring connector issues on this Forum.... I have no idea if this is because of what the Aussie's use or if this is a connector design used by other Ford USA models. I haven't poked my nose under the hood of other new Ford vehicles in a very long time..primarily because I hate visiting dealerships..

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sales rep sd they had to overnite a part...didn't know what it was. Hopefully i'll get a worksheet with the info when i pick up.

*Update: Truck sat in the service bay Sat/Sun, the sales guy saw the issue...come Monday morning service guys sd it worked fine. Drove it around, let it sit overnite and worked fine. Not a damn thing replaced.

Drove it home 10 miles with no issues so far. Typical.

Last edited:

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which tail light housing connector was it? Driver or pass? And was it behind the housing or underneath the truck.

Naturally mine is doing it again. I pulled out the housings and check the connectors and they seem to be fine

Last edited:
OP
OP
ISUACE

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Which tail light housing connector was it? Driver or pass? And was it behind the housing or underneath the truck.

Naturally mine is doing it again. I pulled out the housings and check the connectors and they seem to be fine
I'd take it back to the dealership.. that way it's all on them to find the problem. If you can make sure its having issues when it's there so you can show them in person.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd take it back to the dealership.. that way it's all on them to find the problem. If you can make sure its having issues when it's there so you can show them in person.
Yeah, i drove it back to the dealership with no tail lights, service advisor saw the issue but couldn't grab a tech to work on it that very minute. So letting it sit i imagine the lights will work when they get to it. I think it has to do with something bout the truck sitting out in the sun & the rear housings getting hot or expanding. Told them all that info, one advisor "oh probably just a fuse." Then why does it sometimes work?

Really ridiculous....got less than 50 miles on the thing

OP
OP
ISUACE

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, i drove it back to the dealership with no tail lights, service advisor saw the issue but couldn't grab a tech to work on it that very minute. So letting it sit i imagine the lights will work when they get to it. I think it has to do with something bout the truck sitting out in the sun & the rear housings getting hot or expanding. Told them all that info, one advisor "oh probably just a fuse." Then why does it sometimes work?

Really ridiculous....got less than 50 miles on the thing
Sounds like you had the same problem I did.. they will fix it. If not you could try another dealership.. it's all covered under your warranty.
Sponsored