First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Wondering what is the current lead time for Ranger Lariat orders are running? I placed an order in late March with expected delivery in late July. Today, I still do not have a scheduled build date/week. I am hearing as of last week, the microchip shortage is the problem. Originally when the order was placed I was told this shortage wouldn't impact the Ranger line. So I am wondering what is the truth?
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Originally when the order was placed I was told this shortage wouldn't impact the Ranger line. So I am wondering what is the truth?
Who told you that, the sales person? I think the chips impact just about everything. To your question, I don't know the timeline to expect, but I don't think anything can be written in stone right now.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Rangers are in production so keep in touch with your dealer.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering what is the current lead time for Ranger Lariat orders are running? I placed an order in late March with expected delivery in late July. Today, I still do not have a scheduled build date/week. I am hearing as of last week, the microchip shortage is the problem. Originally when the order was placed I was told this shortage wouldn't impact the Ranger line. So I am wondering what is the truth?
I think you need to push your dealer - if you haven't gotten a VIN in 3 months, something seems fishy to me. Maybe they didn't submit your order? Normally a VIN is assigned a month or so after ordering - I know all these issues change things, but 3 months with no VIN is a huge red flag for me. It wouldn't be the first time a dealer had not placed the order as they said they did.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I'm not by any means finding fault with multiple threads, because this is a whole new territory for us for buying a vehicle.
I hope noone gets irritated, because we need to be supportive for the buyers right now.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL
Occupation
Logistics
My XL ETA to dealer is by 2 Aug. Confirmed build and confirmed shipping emails from Corporate received. It's been 4 months total, and that is exactly what Perry Ford San Diego advised in the beginning. Although, i went base with power side mirrors as the only add-on pkg. Good luck on your Lariat.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL
Occupation
Logistics
My XL ETA to dealer is by 2 Aug. Confirmed build and confirmed shipping emails from Corporate received. It's been 4 months total, and that is exactly what Perry Ford San Diego advised in the beginning. Although, i went base with power side mirrors as the only add-on pkg. Good luck on your Lariat.
Update......my order was 14 Apr. Build was delayed to May. ETAs were 28 July-2 Aug, then 8-13 Aug, and 22-28 Aug. Truck was put into Final Preparation status on 26 Aug. Waiting for Perry Ford National City to actually receive the truck. So, not sure what FP means for its physical location.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Latest rumor is the doors and roofs have been decontented. $500 credit....

Ford-Bronco-Convertible-Jeep-Gladiator.jpeg

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
My ranger timeline was as follows.

09/17/2021: placed order
12/18/2021: ford confirmed order
01/20/2022: production scheduled for 3/7/22
02/04/2022: production pushed back to 3/21/22
03/18/2022: production started, blend 03/26