Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Rough country sells the entire kit, for less than $600 without shocks. It includes the diff drop and UCA's. As a matter of fact I just started my installation of the kit this evening. I'm going from a 3 in Readylift SST kit that I installed back in 2019. At that time a 3.5 in option was a little pricey.

I was a lil bummed that I didn't get the cool looking Aluminum UCA version. I had to get the Iron UCA'S as my steering knuckles are aluminum. The guys running the steel knuckles will get the aluminum UCA.

I'm also installing bilstein 5100's front and back. I picked these up on sale last weekend from Stage 3 motorsports. Had one heck of a deal, all four corners for $350. I don't mind the bilstiens as I've had really good experience with these over the years on my Tacoma.
I'm using superlift suspension 3.5 inch, had it for over 1.5 years now. I just notice that the UCA is hitting the metal flange on the housing of the shock. I emailed superlift and they said it is due to the Fox coil over being longer than stock shocks. I'm thinking about using Eiback since they can handle up to 3.5 inch lift.
Take pics of your setup when you are done. I had a weird angle on the CV axles and my mechanic said that I will be replacing it often if I don't change it. Superlift also came with a diff drop but I can't drop it any longer due to the lower arm bar.
Sponsored

Sleepy_Hollow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
USN
Nice setup, so the Icon EXT 2.5in can handle up to 3.5 inch of lift? Which Icon shocks do you have again? And how is the 35 at full lock? What UCA are you using?

I'm looking for a front shocks that can handle up to 3.5 inch of lift, so far I talked to majority of shocks manufacturers and Eiback is the only one that says they can do it.
so I have them set at 2.75in and added a 1in lower spacer. With my winch, skid, plate, sliders, and front bumper I sit right at 3.5in. I have slight rub at partial turn which will be fixed by adding positive castor. Full lock and flex they do not rub at all. I can still lift my truck more but I like the ride the way it is. I added the 1in spacer so I didn't max out my pre-load. My truck drives way better than stock even with no sway bars, 35s, and 3.5in of lift.

To the person asking about rear flares. With the stock flares I barely touch and haven't ripped one off yet. I even have the Icon bump stops which allows more flex. I want to put my RTR fender flares back on so I'm going to add about .25in of shims to my bump stops. I wheel my truck pretty hard so I have tested the my suspension in different conditions. I really want to add a front diff lock and drop. Probably start breaking CVs.

**EDIT*** Since I have a 2021 with the Iron knuckles I'm limited on options. I'm running the 1.25 Camburg Uniballs!

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
so I have them set at 2.75in and added a 1in lower spacer. With my winch, skid, plate, sliders, and front bumper I sit right at 3.5in. I have slight rub at partial turn which will be fixed by adding positive castor. Full lock and flex they do not rub at all. I can still lift my truck more but I like the ride the way it is. I added the 1in spacer so I didn't max out my pre-load. My truck drives way better than stock even with no sway bars, 35s, and 3.5in of lift.

To the person asking about rear flares. With the stock flares I barely touch and haven't ripped one off yet. I even have the Icon bump stops which allows more flex. I want to put my RTR fender flares back on so I'm going to add about .25in of shims to my bump stops. I wheel my truck pretty hard so I have tested the my suspension in different conditions. I really want to add a front diff lock and drop. Probably start breaking CVs.

**EDIT*** Since I have a 2021 with the Iron knuckles I'm limited on options. I'm running the 1.25 Camburg Uniballs!
Thanks for the info, who made the 1 inch spacer at the bottom? What is the difference between the space on top versus the bottom of the shocks?
I'm using a superlift suspension 3.5 inch kit and my CV axel was told that it is okay but my mechanic gave a warning that it might give me a problem in the future. I'm looking for a better shocks that the Fox 2.0.

Sleepy_Hollow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
USN
Thanks for the info, who made the 1 inch spacer at the bottom? What is the difference between the space on top versus the bottom of the shocks?
I'm using a superlift suspension 3.5 inch kit and my CV axel was told that it is okay but my mechanic gave a warning that it might give me a problem in the future. I'm looking for a better shocks that the Fox 2.0.
I have ICON 2.5 EXT with external reservoirs so the top spacers don't fit. I don't know brand since I found it local used. If you google 2in leveling kit you might find it.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
I'm using superlift suspension 3.5 inch, had it for over 1.5 years now. I just notice that the UCA is hitting the metal flange on the housing of the shock. I emailed superlift and they said it is due to the Fox coil over being longer than stock shocks. I'm thinking about using Eiback since they can handle up to 3.5 inch lift.
Take pics of your setup when you are done. I had a weird angle on the CV axles and my mechanic said that I will be replacing it often if I don't change it. Superlift also came with a diff drop but I can't drop it any longer due to the lower arm bar.
Finished up the installation on Sunday. Just getting around to uploading pics. Apologies for all of the dirt but I don't have a Mall Crawler nor Hanger Queen. With the RC kit it was a huge difference in cv angle as compared to the 3 in Readylift. Sorry I didn't get pics of the cv angle before I started. I can tell you that with the new UCA'S and Bilstein 5100's it's night and day difference over stock.

I got my monies worth from the factory shocks. It was perfect timing as both rears were showing signs of leakage at just over 43k miles.

Attachments

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Finished up the installation on Sunday. Just getting around to uploading pics. Apologies for all of the dirt but I don't have a Mall Crawler nor Hanger Queen. With the RC kit it was a huge difference in cv angle as compared to the 3 in Readylift. Sorry I didn't get pics of the cv angle before I started. I can tell you that with the new UCA'S and Bilstein 5100's it's night and day difference over stock.

I got my monies worth from the factory shocks. It was perfect timing as both rears were showing signs of leakage at just over 43k miles.
The angle of you CV is not bad, plus the UCA looks like it clears the flange on both side of the housing shocks. The RC kits might have a better UCA.

Attachments

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The angle of you CV is not bad, plus the UCA looks like it clears the flange on both side of the housing shocks. The RC kits might have a better UCA.
Wow those UCA,s are really close to the strut frame mount. Are you sure that all of the spacers were placed on the inside of each bushing? Also could be your alignment needs to be adjusted out slightly to give more clearance?

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wow those UCA,s are really close to the strut frame mount. Are you sure that all of the spacers were placed on the inside of each bushing? Also could be your alignment needs to be adjusted out slightly to give more clearance?
The spacer is installed on top of the shocks then inside the housing. Superlift mentioned that thier lift is only design with the stock shocks. I had this for over 1.5 years now. I'm thinking of changing the front coilover to Eibach or Icon that can handle 3.5 inch lift. Did the RC comes with diff drop?

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The spacer is installed on top of the shocks then inside the housing. Superlift mentioned that thier lift is only design with the stock shocks. I had this for over 1.5 years now. I'm thinking of changing the front coilover to Eibach or Icon that can handle 3.5 inch lift. Did the RC comes with diff drop?
No, I'm talking about the spacers that sit on the inside of the UCA'S. Zoom in on my pic and you can see the spacers that RC provides. These prevent the UCA from being squeezed to tight to the strut tower mount. Not sure if you kit came with these.

Yes the RC kit came with a diff drop for both the passenger and drivers side of the diff. Dropped it like an inch or so over stock.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
No, I'm talking about the spacers that sit on the inside of the UCA'S. Zoom in on my pic and you can see the spacers that RC provides. These prevent the UCA from being squeezed to tight to the strut tower mount. Not sure if you kit came with these.

Yes the RC kit came with a diff drop for both the passenger and drivers side of the diff. Dropped it like an inch or so over stock.
You mean on this one, pics with the circle in red? You had a lot of space there compared to the one I got.

Attachments