35s on tremor??

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
I just fear some , not all , and CERTAINLY NO ONE HERE , won't be able to control one of these " bubbas" at highway speeds in a panic situation, off road is the wild west , but when you share the highway with small cars and such , and you have drastically changed all kinds of things that effect, well, everything in the way it drives/handles , things could end badly , and if mine , I would feel badly... just be careful on going to far... same applies to cars also if heavily modified methinks. . .
Thank the Good Lord we all take risk and survive!! If not we may never leave home daily. Have no idea how I survived the 70' as a kid and a teenager in the 80's.
Sponsored

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I just fear some , not all , and CERTAINLY NO ONE HERE , won't be able to control one of these " bubbas" at highway speeds in a panic situation, off road is the wild west , but when you share the highway with small cars and such , and you have drastically changed all kinds of things that effect, well, everything in the way it drives/handles , things could end badly , and if mine , I would feel badly... just be careful on going to far... same applies to cars also if heavily modified methinks. . .

Have you heard of a Dodge SRT? There are many factory produced vehicles that most of population should not be driving on the road with me and my family. It is what it is.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
Well thank you so much for clearing that up... Certainly I know what a 35 in tire is. What's your point other than we can't effectively run a 35in tire? Because you say we can't??? I think alot of people can disprove that... Regardless of what the Google gods say. Thank the Lord that Neil Armstrong didn't listen to the flat earthers, otherwise the Moon landing would never had took place..

Go back and read my post carefully. I never claimed that I was currently running 35's. I stated that I've been offloading religiously on 295's with no issue. To be precise the 295 70 17 comes in @ 33.46 inches, so yeah they are larger than 33's, and yes for the record there are plenty of guys here that offroad with 35s on the Ranger, but your not going to do that with stock suspension and stock wheel offsets. You'll just have to Google that one up as well...... BAWAAAA......BAWAAAA.....BAWAAAA
triggered-trigger-warning.gif

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't but I have looked into it. I probably should get a diff drop. Thanks
I know it was a hard decision to make for the extra $500 to $700 for the diff drop but that's the direction I will go with my new 3.5. I've learned the hard way on my ole Tacoma that I was getting premature wear on the needle bearing on my inner diff. Once I added the drop all of that went away.

However, you have a sweet ride there.

Sleepy_Hollow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
USN
Funny you say that.........These truck handle like hot garbage when stock. My truck with my "bubba" tires handles better than stock. It helps that I actually built it correctly with proper suspension components.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Funny you say that.........These truck handle like hot garbage when stock. My truck with my "bubba" tires handles better than stock. It helps that I actually built it correctly with proper suspension components.
Yes your truck , that's why I said , in all caps , "nobody here" , if you're saying that all the Rangers and other trucks I see lifted to the max are safer and handle better than stock , then we gots to disagree...

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I guess this ole boy didn't take all of the arm chair quarter backs advice on this Forum... 37's, now that's a tire.

Just like this ole boy, it's your Ranger do what you want. I have and it take mine off road every chance I get with just a 3 inch level on 295 70 17 on stock struts with zero issues for the last 3 years. Trust me there are theoriest and then there are people who do. Question is which are you going to be?

I follow him on IG too, he REALLY off-roads his truck too.

Jakewall96

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Running a Icon EXT 2.5in at 3.5in of lift. Im running Cooper STT Pro 315/70R17. Love the tires and I offroad quite a bit.

Flex.jpg
Have you had issues with your rear fender flares? There are a couple guys out there with 35s that have ripped off their rear flare(s) when wheeling.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Running a Icon EXT 2.5in at 3.5in of lift. Im running Cooper STT Pro 315/70R17. Love the tires and I offroad quite a bit.

Flex.jpg
Nice setup, so the Icon EXT 2.5in can handle up to 3.5 inch of lift? Which Icon shocks do you have again? And how is the 35 at full lock? What UCA are you using?

I'm looking for a front shocks that can handle up to 3.5 inch of lift, so far I talked to majority of shocks manufacturers and Eiback is the only one that says they can do it.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet ride!! I love my Cooper SST PROS. They are a beast in the mud!! Just curious, did you go with a diff drop on the 3.5 lift? I just bought a 3.5 kit for mine just for the upper control arms and diff drop.
Howdy bro, which brand did you get for the UCA and diff drop?
You gave me some advice on my setup when I went to a 3.5inch lift.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this ole boy didn't take all of the arm chair quarter backs advice on this Forum... 37's, now that's a tire.

Just like this ole boy, it's your Ranger do what you want. I have and it take mine off road every chance I get with just a 3 inch level on 295 70 17 on stock struts with zero issues for the last 3 years. Trust me there are theoriest and then there are people who do. Question is which are you going to be?

So you're argument for 35s is to mention 295/70/17, which are 33.5-ish? The size recommended by the engineer who's advice you questioned... Thank God there's an ignore feature to this forum.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
So you're argument for 35s is to mention 295/70/17, which are 33.5-ish? The size recommended by the engineer who's advice you questioned... Thank God there's an ignore feature to this forum.
Agreed. Even if that was actually a 35... "[they] were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Howdy bro, which brand did you get for the UCA and diff drop?
You gave me some advice on my setup when I went to a 3.5inch lift.
Rough country sells the entire kit, for less than $600 without shocks. It includes the diff drop and UCA's. As a matter of fact I just started my installation of the kit this evening. I'm going from a 3 in Readylift SST kit that I installed back in 2019. At that time a 3.5 in option was a little pricey.

I was a lil bummed that I didn't get the cool looking Aluminum UCA version. I had to get the Iron UCA'S as my steering knuckles are aluminum. The guys running the steel knuckles will get the aluminum UCA.

I'm also installing bilstein 5100's front and back. I picked these up on sale last weekend from Stage 3 motorsports. Had one heck of a deal, all four corners for $350. I don't mind the bilstiens as I've had really good experience with these over the years on my Tacoma.
Sponsored